OT: 2018 Winnipeg Blue Bombers (10-7) NEXT @ EDM (8-9) November 3 (CLINCHED PLAYOFFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
How many more losses before MOS is relieved of duty? Who replaces him, neither Hall or LaPo are anywhere near HC'ing material!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Wow, no one wants to talk Blue Bombers, with the upcoming Jets camp it looks like the BB's are becoming all but forgotten!

Reactions: GNP

None

Feb 22, 2012
Just when it seemed like Lulay was putting his injuries behind him it looks like he's had another shoulder dislocation. I'm surprised he was even cleared to play when it was obvious that his shoulder issues were becoming chronic, that's going to be awful for him later in life.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The problem with the Bombers is "with scouting new talent" and this comes under the GM Kyle Walters responsibility. His job is to select someone that has a good eye for talent, and we have not been bringing in anyone good for a long time.

Right now Danny McManus is the head of US scouting ( under Walters) and McManus also has the title of assistant General Manager. How many decent quarterbacks have the Bombers brought in over the last 10 years. I can't think of any

Also their defense is very porous, and we need to start recruiting talent, and someone that knows talent. We got Nichols from Edmonton --and he's not bad. I don't think McManus knows what's going on with US college football, and that's a "must."

I say McManus has had his chance, and fans are getting fed up with mediocre results and want to see a good team put together. McManus has had his chance, and it's time to hire someone else to do this job for US scouting. I hope Kyle Walters gets the message.

All the decent guys we've got like Andrew Harris, Medlock, etc --are all proven players hired from other CFL teams, but we're not bringing in our own new young guys. This is where the problem lies with the Bombers.

NOTE- The reason why the Winnipeg Jets are successful, is because Kevin Chevaldaof is an excellent judge of people, and he has hired excellent scouting personnel, who can assess talent and report back to him, and build a team with a long term plan. It's working great, and the Jet's are hitting on all their "draft picks." What are the Bombers doing here ?? - nothing !!!

Whe are we going to see a change in our US scouting department ?? when ?? and if we don't Kyle Walters should lose his job. Look how good that guy has done from Saskatchewan--Chris Jones -- he was hired from Edmonton, as the new coach and GM, of Saskatchewan, and he's done a great job. He's bringing in new talent, and coaching them right.

We need change, and someone that's going to be held accountable- "we need talent" Get with the program Walters !!!

Last edited:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Johnny Football starting against the Bombers on Friday, does MOS start Streveler or does he stick to his guns with Nichols, season is slipping away.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Johnny Football starting against the Bombers on Friday, does MOS start Streveler or does he stick to his guns with Nichols, season is slipping away.

O'Shea confirmed that it'll be Nichols starting again. The time to fire O'Shea would've been in the last 2 weeks in my opinion. At this point I don't really care too much who starts; I don't see any potential for success this season anymore.

If they find some way to lose to a Manziel led Alouettes team maybe they'll face enough outrage that they have to make a move.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
I think if we made just one simple change to this team, our fortunes would be reversed instantly: Have a qualified QB (not just a “game manager”).
Our entire offensive scheme is based on and attempts to compensate for Nichol’s inability to pass satisfactorily beyond 10 yards. Opposing defences finally figured this out and now simply focus their resources and schemes on shutting down the short game. They know full well we don’t have any medium or long range capability.
Trust me, if you would swap Nichols with a Reilly, Mitchel, Masoli or Harris we would be a deadly team...just with that one simple change.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Hopefully they've made the most of the bye week. Being just 2 wins ahead of Montreal led by Kavis Reed is pretty embarrassing.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
If the Bombers lose this one:

Although this should be an easy win for the Bombers. MTL are pretty bad.

My guess is Harris goes off for a big game, and Checkdown Nichols is good enough.

I still think back to the Ottawa game, when everyone I knew who followed the CFL extensively thought the Bombers were overrated, but everyone in the media was hyping up the Bombers big time, and especially Nichols. No idea where the media was getting that narrative.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Looks like Hardrick is back at RT and Dressler at SB, must win game of the year lets end this losing streak

Depth-vs-montreal-1-1600x1107.jpg

None

Feb 22, 2012
Nichols throwing further than 3-4 yards into the flats and the ball is actually moving forward with some consistency. It's looked like Harris and Nichols have been on different pages on more than one play though.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Nichols throwing further than 3-4 yards into the flats and the ball is actually moving forward with some consistency. It's looked like Harris and Nichols have been on different pages on more than one play though.
Ya, we look good. Wow! There is definitely something going on with Nichols and Harris tho

None

Feb 22, 2012
Bighill injured, looked like a hyperextended elbow falling forward and bracing himself with just his right arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad