OT: 2018 Winnipeg Blue Bombers (10-7) NEXT @ EDM (8-9) November 3 (CLINCHED PLAYOFFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Gotta be money issues in Regina cutting him before his contract becomes guaranteed for the rest of the season, plus he's and ass clown, lazy, and generally a cancer .

He does seem to wear out his welcome over time, but al long as he behaves long enough to end our drought, I'm good with that. Just pretend his name is Stastny and he's here as a rental.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Oh God I hope the Bombers sign him, if only for the entertainment value. Both on the field and on this board. :laugh:

If Holden hasn’t replied to this post on the next page, I’m guessing it’s because he hasn’t seen it yet. :laugh:

Seriously though, that would be a travesty.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Seriously? We don't need a ****ing pos on the team. It was bad enough with Joe Mack and crew and during the Reinbold years.

LOL @ the Reinbold years. God was that a brutal time. It was amplified by the fact that I had no recollection of the Bombers losing, as early as I can recall (83-onward). Two seasons, 6-26.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
LOL @ the Reinbold years. God was that a brutal time. It was amplified by the fact that I had no recollection of the Bombers losing, as early as I can recall (83-onward). Two seasons, 6-26.
but but he rode a harley!

remember when Vargas was the starting QB?

Last edited:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
OUt of the 5 games he has started, Nichols has not been great in any of them. Merely good in one of them and average to poor in the others. If the run game every stumbles I don't have faith in Nichols mustering a 300+ yard effort needed to drive the offense down the field on a consistent basis...at least not with what I have seen from him this year.

In the latter games of the 2017 season (before his injury) Nichols was struggling with his passing game as well. This could be more of the same. Perhaps he is just an average QB in the long run and the Bombers will once again be hunting for long-term solution behind centre. Sigh.

Well at least they have Streveler. I’d like them to use Streveler more when Nichols is stalling out because nobody can defend that run heavy package if they commit to it. Nichols has lost a lot of poise IMO from his injuries, hand last year, knee this year. I wouldn’t doubt that his knee is in the range of 75-80% and it’s greatly affecting his mobility and his throws. He has no consistency in his mid-range passes, which has been his game. Deep ball has never been his thing, basically a change up based on misdirection and formation getting a guy loose and hitting him wide open. He’s never been a guy who could throw a guy open deep like Mike Reilly or Masoli.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Seriously? We don't need a ****ing pos on the team. It was bad enough with Joe Mack and crew and during the Reinbold years.

Hey, just think about how motivated he would be for the LDC/Banjo Bowl. And the guy can run a long route and catch anything near him. When receivers are being overthrown by 10 yards, I'm pretty sure that's not always on the QB. He might also be an improvement on Randle. Then again, Logan Stanley would be an improvement on Randle. :laugh:

Reactions: Fairview

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Hey, just think about how motivated he would be for the LDC/Banjo Bowl. And the guy can run a long route and catch anything near him. When receivers are being overthrown by 10 yards, I'm pretty sure that's not always on the QB. He might also be an improvement on Randle. Then again, Logan Stanley would be an improvement on Randle. :laugh:

I don't give a flying f*** about what he would do for ldc or banjo bowl. I wouldn't want him on my team period. He's a known cancer. He's probably going to get convicted for possession. What kind of dumbass carries pot on himself at the airport? He flipped bomber fans the bird at last years ldc. This garbage human does not fit in anywhere and I'd be happy if he never played in the CFL again.

And Randle had a bad game but the game before he played amazing. Sometimes that happens.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Well at least they have Streveler. I’d like them to use Streveler more when Nichols is stalling out because nobody can defend that run heavy package if they commit to it. Nichols has lost a lot of poise IMO from his injuries, hand last year, knee this year. I wouldn’t doubt that his knee is in the range of 75-80% and it’s greatly affecting his mobility and his throws. He has no consistency in his mid-range passes, which has been his game. Deep ball has never been his thing, basically a change up based on misdirection and formation getting a guy loose and hitting him wide open. He’s never been a guy who could throw a guy open deep like Mike Reilly or Masoli.

He’s finessing too many of his throws now, almost like he’s not stepping into them fully.

All he has to do is let Adams go up and get it in one on one coverage, but he had at least 3 targets last game where he was trying to drop a perfect touch pass in to Adams’ hands and nearly got picked. You wonder if maybe his knee is screwing up his normal mechanics.

Reactions: wpgallday1960

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
He’s finessing too many of his throws now, almost like he’s not stepping into them fully.

All he has to do is let Adams go up and get it in one on one coverage, but he had at least 3 targets last game where he was trying to drop a perfect touch pass in to Adams’ hands and nearly got picked. You wonder if maybe his knee is screwing up his normal mechanics.
Nichols and LaPolice excels when they're able to run a quick offense, charge up the field 2 plays/10 yards at a time, and be able to lean on Harris on runs or options from the backfield to make it harder for the opponents to defend. In this previous game, it seemed like Hamilton was keying in on when Harris was running the ball, so it seemed like LaPolice gave Nichols the freedom to throw deep passes to open up the centre of the field a bit. Unfortunately, Nichols couldn't make any of them, when before he could make at least a few. That being said, this is all about Nichols being a game manager, and not a game breaker.

Luckily for us, with weapons such as Harris, Dressler, Adams, Demski, and an absolutely on-fire offensive line, the Bombers don't have to turn to these plays to open up the field - they can still keep rumbling out these different looks, sweeps, and runs to keep the opponent's on their toes.

I get why LaPolice kept giving the green light for Nichols to go deep, and get why Nichols kept trying - but when you're clearly misfiring on them, stop going to them because the 2-and-outs from trying to get these sort of plays nearly cost them the game.

EDIT: Any team in the CFL can change from worst-to-first in the course of an offseason so yes, while I am concerned about Nichols' longevity, I'll worry about that after November. The focus should be on how to keep this train rolling all the way into the Grey Cup, and not trying to force something that isn't working into it.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
4-1 with a less than stellar Nichols is nothing to sneeze at but he will need to be in 300+ yard passing form for us to beat Edmonton or Calgary.

Duron Carter absolutely does not fit in our locker room.

Any update on Dressler?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Soccer is far more popular than the CFL amongst kids and young adults. Even successful CFL teams in those cities wouldn't outdraw the Whitecaps, Toronto FC, or the Impact

Sadly Millennials interest in the CFL is zilch!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Soccer is a good game and I understand why it would outdraw the CFL in Toronto and Vancouver. CFL has always been a huge deal in the prairies but once you get outside that region it has always been hit or miss. Before MLB the Argos drew pretty well comparatively to the rest of the league (sadly I am old enough to remember).

To be crystal clear the CFL has always had its struggles and it’s never been easy but it is an incredibly resilient beast. It has its stronghold and that seems to have kept it upright through some memorable lows (us expansion). TSN Friday night football was a very positive turning point for the league. There was a while there that I wasn’t sure what the future held.

With beautiful new stadiums in Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg , Saskatchewan, and at some point Calgary I think the league will be fine for my life time at least depending on the future of head injuries and their impact on the liability of owning a team and perhaps the potential fallout of sponsorship etc.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

True, but they still buy tickets. :)

Getty-Sports-Fans-Phone-467051557-BP.jpg

Reactions: SUX2BU and sipowicz

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
With beautiful new stadiums in Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg , Saskatchewan, and at some point Calgary I think the league will be fine for my life time at least depending on the future of head injuries and their impact on the liability of owning a team and perhaps the potential fallout of sponsorship etc.

Technically, Ottawa got half a new stadium and that outdated from the start monstrosity in Hamilton can hardly be called beautiful. IGF is OK, Mosaic is far and away the best. I'll be surprised if Calgary replaces McMahon anytime soon, unless the Olympics resurrect the CalgaryNEXT proposal.

Reactions: sipowicz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad