OT: 2018 Winnipeg Blue Bombers (10-7) NEXT @ EDM (8-9) November 3 (CLINCHED PLAYOFFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Masoli >>> Nichols

Rest of Bombers >> Rest of Ticats

Nichols was flat out awful. He sure doesn't look anything close to a championship caliber QB.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
Play calls were terrible. when the Cats were gaining momentum and holding on to the ball Lapo decides to keep calling 40 yard pass plays instead of trying to get 1st downs and holding on to the ball? :huh:

Reactions: kellhunter

buyinnow

Mar 7, 2010
Play calls were terrible. when the Cats were gaining momentum and holding on to the ball Lapo decides to keep calling 40 yard pass plays instead of trying to get 1st downs and holding on to the ball? :huh:

that's not how it works. Each call has options for the QB based on what he sees and what happens after the snap.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Great night at IGF! I enjoyed the game, it wasn't pretty but was exciting. Blue D and Ticats penalties were the difference in the end. And the fans of course! It got loud at the end, forcing procedure, time count and a timeout. I don't get why more people aren't at the Blue games this year, should be at least 29k on Friday nights with our weather and exciting ball club!

Reactions: HannuJ

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
think they were definitely seeing something re: the deep pass. just weren't connecting.
Harris was a monster. again. not his best game, but still excellent.
Santos-Knox disappeared today, but Bighill was savage. totaly savage.
O-line looked....ordinary?

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
If Nichols can’t read blitz pre-snap and Lapo can’t figure out a way to help him with that to get the ball out quicker Nichols is going to get eaten alive by every team with a good D. The offence completely shut down and did not utilize the playmakers all over the field. Priority needs to be getting them the ball in space ASAP. This team is going nowhere on Matt Nichols pocket passing.

Ottawa will be a big test for this offence.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Nichols can’t read blitz pre-snap and Lapo can’t figure out a way to help him with that to get the ball out quicker Nichols is going to get eaten alive by every team with a good D. The offence completely shut down and did not utilize the playmakers all over the field. Priority needs to be getting them the ball in space ASAP. This team is going nowhere on Matt Nichols pocket passing.

Ottawa will be a big test for this offence.
Also, if Nichols can't throw an accurate pass, he's useless in any offense. He is missing on way too many passes. It's hard to gameplan an offense with poor execution from the QB.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
As Bighill said last night the D is starting to get it and coming together, it starts with him, Harris is going to be running for his life if the D line continues with the pressure, Nichols is fine a qb as long as his not the focal point let him manage the game, run the ball with Harris and Demski, and use all your weapons with short to medium passes throwing long 1-2 a half to keep them guessing. What a crowd last night and the increase will be evident next game

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Man it's hard to find a way to watch the Bombers in Florida - too bad because I know that people down here would love the product. College and even high school football is so popular, college moreso than the NFL

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
I just dont know how he missed so many open receivers or the very least gave them a chance to make a play. Masoli put the ball in places for his receivers to do something. Nichols was way off. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.

I also saw Randle play like he was clueless. Just running with his back to the play and getting annihilated. Why wouldn't he turn around on those out of bound routes and make the play.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I just dont know how he missed so many open receivers or the very least gave them a chance to make a play. Masoli put the ball in places for his receivers to do something. Nichols was way off. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.

I also saw Randle play like he was clueless. Just running with his back to the play and getting annihilated. Why wouldn't he turn around on those out of bound routes and make the play.
Yup, and masoli knew it and kept throwing it there. Masoli sure made some great throws but he stares down receivers as soon as he gets the ball, if DBs can see both they would get a jump on throws.
Nichols has his bad games, then usually bounces back. At least he threw no picks to kill us, nice to win when he plays bad, we've also won with him being good and D bad, he won't be great every game. Difference in Bighill over Hurl is like the Difference between the LA Lings and the expansion Sharks or Sens back in the day.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
I sure hope Nichols improves on deep passes. Currently, opposing teams have figured out that if they defend the run and short passing game, they can limit the Bomber’s offence drastically.

I am not sure if Nichols is capable of finding routes over 10 yards consistently. If he can’t figure it out, we will not be able to beat the Eskimo’s nor Stampeders. All they will do is defend against the short game...then we are in trouble!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Great night at IGF! I enjoyed the game, it wasn't pretty but was exciting. Blue D and Ticats penalties were the difference in the end. And the fans of course! It got loud at the end, forcing procedure, time count and a timeout. I don't get why more people aren't at the Blue games this year, should be at least 29k on Friday nights with our weather and exciting ball club!

It’s just such amazing lake and camping weather that it’s tough.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
OUt of the 5 games he has started, Nichols has not been great in any of them. Merely good in one of them and average to poor in the others. If the run game every stumbles I don't have faith in Nichols mustering a 300+ yard effort needed to drive the offense down the field on a consistent basis...at least not with what I have seen from him this year.

In the latter games of the 2017 season (before his injury) Nichols was struggling with his passing game as well. This could be more of the same. Perhaps he is just an average QB in the long run and the Bombers will once again be hunting for long-term solution behind centre. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad