OT: 2018 Weather Thread

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This is what the dinosaurs must have saw before they all packed it in.

One of my favorites The Far side, Gary Larson;

real-reason-dinosaurs-went-extinct.png

Reactions: BlackDogg and Jamin

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
@Bryanbryoil Stay safe Bryan, and everybody in Hawaii. Looks like the big island is being hit right now with massive rain and that the Hurricane path is unpredictable and could make landfall near the other islands.

Regardless of whether the Hurricane moves right through the islands or not the prodigious rain from a slow moving hurricane and landslides and associated flooding are the main concern. Residents advised to stock two weeks of water and provisions.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I bought that Far Side Anthology set a while back. These are my favorite cartoons ever.

One of my favorites is the vulture with the carrion luggage.
My favourite cartoons of all time too. All of them are funny but for me the best ones are the cat ones where he perfectly captures their big fat heads from behind.

Reactions: BlackDogg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Its back! sigh

Smoky river capital city again.

Its 6;30 and I saw smoke sunset..

The sun fought a valiant fight and then disappeared coughing. I hope its ok...;)

I miss you already Sun. Please come and shine brightly again sometime.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Its back! sigh

Smoky river capital city again.

Its 6;30 and I saw smoke sunset..

The sun fought a valiant fight and then disappeared coughing. I hope its ok...;)

I miss you already Sun. Please come and shine brightly again sostars at night.metime.
I can't remember the last time I saw the stars at night.
or even the sky during the day.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Have you been to emergency wards in Edmonton? I have NEVER in my life received care in less than 2-3hrs at Grey Nuns. Those numbers are facility maintained and not independently cross referenced.

Thanks for citing. I wonder about those numbers.

if these are accurate they must have extra staff on. Would be good if these numbers are actually legit.

Just so you know anytime we have checked those numbers and then gone in theres been no reflection on the actual wait times. Wife had to go to emergency a month ago for gastric appendicitis potential concerns. Wait times were quoted as an hour. She waited 3hrs and was not finished testing until 10hrs. The place was crammed, and the average wait times people were talking about were several hours. her condition was actually considered priority

You want fast treatment at emergency? You'll need to have an emergency.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You want fast treatment at emergency? You'll need to have an emergency.

A potential appendix burst is considered an emergency Marcus Welby..

My wife was in Emergency for 10hrs before they ruled this out and her condition was considered less serious.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton

My wife was in Emergency for 10hrs before they ruled this out and her condition was considered less serious.
The triage nurse is responsible for such things, and they rarely make mistakes.

That said, if you waited 10hours with appendicitis, consider what what other emergencies must have been going down.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

We got in pretty quick once my wife threatened to sue the hospital.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It's basically September and it's supposed to feel like 33 degrees at midnight tonight.

This is hell.

No, hell would be snowstorm, freezing conditions, and icy treacherous roads between Canmore and Calgary on Highway 1 earlier today, on a Monday, (actually was all weekend) on August 25-27, 2018. Plus bad visibility from snowstorm AND BC and other areas being on fire.

So that fire and ice is a special type of brimstone.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
f***ing edmonton get one of he worst Augusts in recent memory followed by like a month early snow fall + temperature dip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad