Could be an interesting day.

DijH-y_UYAAhBrM.jpg:large

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
heh, we both must read each others posts a lot. lol

Stay safe everybody. Really unstable weather.

What an awful start to K Days. Not a good day to go. 54-40 might turn into 40-54 before the day is out...(I wonder if anybody gets that)

Oh, and is it weird that a massive storm is coming again on a Friday?

Maybe the weather doesn't know the Esks have a bye week..

Also campers must HATE this summer. Virtually every weekend has had major dumps and severe thunderstorms, tornado warnings..

Reactions: Cloned

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
We've had some hail the size of marbles or more. Not golfball size but bigger than marbles. Just pulverizing hail and winds. Theres gotta be trees coming down with this storm. For the first time ever I've lost some roof shingles so far. Hopefully this monster just blows over. Its bad in Millwoods again.

From the looks of the radar south is getting hit first but clouds are swirling, wind directions changing, all bad news. This appears to be headed north through the rest of the city. Get inside quick folks. Worst storm of the year easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Over on the east side some small hail hard rain and major wind gusts. Nothing too crazy yet.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
What an awful start to K Days. Not a good day to go. 54-40 might turn into 40-54 before the day is out...(I wonder if anybody gets that)

Two days in a row, shows I might have gone to see get rained out. Sloan and 54-40.

Please tell me your joke was a little more than simply the numbers in the name of the band getting mixed up and blown around. :)

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
We're getting a brief respite before the next wave hits. This whole vortex storm is swirling in a counter clockwise direction as it travels Northeast. Sh PK getting hit now.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Two days in a row, shows I might have gone to see get rained out. Sloan and 54-40.

Please tell me your joke was a little more than simply the numbers in the name of the band getting mixed up and blown around. :)

Yeah that was pretty sad. I have to do better for what I'm getting paid. ;)

I might not get my contract renewed.

PS all K Days rides closed, Concerts including 54-40 may or may not go on. Keeping in mind this is hitting the fair grounds later and their are at least two, possibly more phases of this storm.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
**** got crazy in the SE at 4. Storm went off until like 5. Pretty calm atm.

More incoming according to the radar. I just fixed every planter outside on the deck that doesn't weigh 20lbs. All tipped. Two broken, plant mess all over. lawn chairs even layng down folded were blown around.

People, if you have ANYTHING at all on a DT highrise deck take it indoors immediately. You won't have it anymore AND it will be hazardous as it drops 20-30 floors onto streets and sidewalks. It really is that type of storm. Worse seen here in years. sheer wind events. Cycling vortexes noted throughout Edmonton Area. Bad News storm. several trees are down already from reports which keep coming in. Also golfball sized hail in some parts.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Phase 2 of the storm hitting Millwoods right now. Not as crazy so far. Doesn't look like this one will last as long. No hail so far in this one.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
heh, we both must read each others posts a lot. lol

Stay safe everybody. Really unstable weather.

Oh, and is it weird that a massive storm is coming again on a Friday?

Maybe the weather doesn't know the Esks have a bye week..

Also campers must HATE this summer. Virtually every weekend has had major dumps and severe thunderstorms, tornado warnings..
We’ve got a large tree down beside my building on the east end of Jasper Avenue. The wind that hit around 4:30 this afternoon was the strongest I’ve seen in a few years.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
We’ve got a large tree down beside my building on the east end of Jasper Avenue. The wind that hit around 4:30 this afternoon was the strongest I’ve seen in a few years.

Yep We had HORIZONTAL RAIN AND HAIL. If you so much as had any windows open today it will be a complete disaster coming home. In Sherwood Park somebodies driveway looked more like a river. Gonna be some flooding with this one.

More rolling thunder coming.

Esks dodged a bullet on their typical Friday Night game this week.

Last edited:

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Yep We had VERTICAL RAIN AND HAIL. If you so much as had any windows open today it will be a complete disaster coming home. In Sherwood Park somebodies driveway looked more like a river. Gonna be some flooding with this one.

More rolling thunder coming.

Esks dodged a bullet on their typical Friday Night game this week.

Pretty crazy here in Oliver. Coming and going in waves. Lightning hitting pretty close.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
More incoming according to the radar. I just fixed every planter outside on the deck that doesn't weigh 20lbs. All tipped. Two broken, plant mess all over. lawn chairs even layng down folded were blown around.

People, if you have ANYTHING at all on a DT highrise deck take it indoors immediately. You won't have it anymore AND it will be hazardous as it drops 20-30 floors onto streets and sidewalks. It really is that type of storm. Worse seen here in years. sheer wind events. Cycling vortexes noted throughout Edmonton Area. Bad News storm. several trees are down already from reports which keep coming in. Also golfball sized hail in some parts.
I accidentally left my bedrooms window open and got home from practice at 4 30 to a mini lake in my room. My basketball ball net outside tipped over and my hockey net in my backyard almost flew into my neighbours backyard. We started getting some rain in millwoods at around 5 45, heard some loud ass thunder a few minutes ago and its calm again here.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I accidentally left my bedrooms window open and got home from practice at 4 30 to a mini lake in my room. My basketball ball net outside tipped over and my hockey net in my backyard almost flew into my neighbours backyard. We started getting some rain in millwoods at around 5 45, heard some loud ass thunder a few minutes ago and its calm again here.

Dry it out as much as possible, run fans, etc. so that you hopefully don't get a ton of mold growing in your home.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Yep, got 3 fans running in there, was going to get the floor replaced next week anyway so doesn't matter too much lol.

You might want to delay the floor replacement a little as concrete does off moisture for quite awhile after being soaked. Plus the humidity throughout will be vastly increased. If you got any carpets in there just rip it out now. Shop vacs, steam cleaners also good to prevent some mold buildup. Might need to spray some antimold around lower floorboards and even drywall and wood framing studs.
It should help that generally speaking Alberta is drier than a popcorn fart.

Yep. Lots of parched ground still for the water to soak into in our now hot summers. But we've been getting more rain this summer than in say a decade.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
You might want to delay the floor replacement a little as concrete does off moisture for quite awhile after being soaked. Plus the humidity throughout will be vastly increased. If you got any carpets in there just rip it out now. Shop vacs, steam cleaners also good to prevent some mold buildup. Might need to spray some antimold around lower floorboards and even drywall and wood framing studs.

Yep. Lots of parched ground still for the water to soak into in our now hot summers. But we've been getting more rain this summer than in say a decade.
Its not too bad, was a smaller puddle than I initially thought. Was just a small amount of water spread out over the hardwood. Plus my dad would be the one doing that stuff, lets just I cant legally drink yet lol.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Its not too bad, was a smaller puddle than I initially thought. Was just a small amount of water spread out over the hardwood. Plus my dad would be the one doing that stuff, lets just I cant legally drink yet lol.

Impressed that you are responsible enough to get home and start looking after it right away and getting the fans on it. Allowance day? ;)

Yeah, sounds like you're OK with just a bit of water. Some people got a lot more than that.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Impressed that you are responsible enough to get home and start looking after it right away and getting the fans on it. Allowance day? ;)

Yeah, sounds like you're OK with just a bit of water. Some people got a lot more than that.
Haha, I like to think I carry myself pretty maturely.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->