U18: 2018 WC - Sweden

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Wernblom is good enough to make this team in a bottom 6 role when he actually decides to play hockey. Last tournament he took two extremely stupid match penalties that ended up costing goals. He took some bad penalties at the Hlinka and in the J20 league as well, a lot of times after the whistle or away from the play. Pretty sure Bendelin will give Wernblom a letter and put him on the top line with top PP minutes, a mistake IMO. I would think hard before even selecting him.

Overall there are too many players on this roster who were good 2 years ago but haven't progressed. Is Fagemo really a better player now than Albin Eriksson, Marcus Karlberg or Simon Holmström? Why is Nässén constantly making these teams, I don't see anything in his game that could be useful at this level. I don't like the idea of building a team from U16 that basically stays the same until the U18 WJC, the competition for spots has to be harder.

Last edited:

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Wernblom is good enough to make this team in a bottom 6 role when he actually decides to play hockey.

Problem is like you said that Bendelin probably will put him along with Bäck & Hållander and he will en up playing top minutes anyway..

Last edited:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Why not Eriksson or Holmström? Holtz i can get, he is young and has not play much in superelit. But Eriksson and Holmström should have been on the team from the start.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Well we all already know how much of a disaster bendelin is so I’m not surprised.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Anyone know if the games on Aftonbladet will be available on demand afterwards? Weather is beautiful outside today.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Not a great game but Sweden was in control of things for the most part. You can scratch that PP unit, Boqvist played a ton which was great to see. Some forwards really have to show more though, Olofsson was invisible for the entire game for example. Berggren showed great glimpses but had quiet stretches too. A lot of our offense ran through Boqvist who looked good, as did most of our D. Lundkvist had a really bad game however, made a ton of sloppy passes and lost the puck behind the Swedish net more than once. I also don't know how Granberg made this team, he looked like a bottom pairing pylon on a relegation team.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanuckCity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad