OT: 2018 Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's bittersweet watching Davies. You just know it's a matter of time before he moves to a higher level, and you have to wonder if we see a teenage phenom in a white caps uniform like this guy in our lifetime again.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
It's bittersweet watching Davies. You just know it's a matter of time before he moves to a higher level, and you have to wonder if we see a teenage phenom in a white caps uniform like this guy in our lifetime again.
He’s amazing. I know him personally and he’s a great guy as well really deserves it. Yeah not long before he starts to move up leagues.

Reactions: Luckylarry

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
How many stadiums in Canada do we have to be able to actually host a World Cup game?
Minimum capacity for group matches is 40k.

So technically sask and Winnipeg with their new digs could have hosted with expanded seating.

But it’s also logistics. One negative about the bid was how spread out the stadiums are. So, fifa has to figure which 7 cities to cut. Edm is pretty isolated so who knows. Van is 3 hours from Seattle, but then you are dealing with the border for people from Asian, Europe, Africa, and South America potentially. So, even if van were in it gets to be an issue of how t ensure fans can easily follow their teams.

My friend was at the one in Japan and he said it was nice to take tHe bullet train and be in another city in 3 hours. Don’t really have that luxury here.

Reactions: Hit the post

old ted

Jul 29, 2016
i've wondered the last 3 years how this coach/manager is still around. he reminds me of Mike Gillis.

Every loss is a easy fix apparently ,but they keep coming. adios i say.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
De Jong, Hurtado, Shea, and Ghazal are all junk. Kamara is at the twilight of his career.

Ownership insists on a low payroll hence why Robbo's hands are tied.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad