Blue Jays GDT: 2018 v2| Next: Fri May 18 | vs Oak| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Anderson vs Estrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Shows our depth right now. I realize hes only here because of injuries and to pitch in games were losing by alot. Which seems quite frequent.

It doesn't really show the depth because Petricka's whole job is to basically be the sacrificial lamb. He's not on the team because he's any good but mostly because there has to be someone in the pen whose job it is to be just good enough to absorb the garbage innings in out-of-hand games to allow the team to not waste its better pen arms when there's no gain.

George Brett is the greatest individual of all time. Never forget it! LOL

If Buck ever had to choose between Brett and Derek Jeter I wonder what would happen.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I have to go soon, but I wanted to ask everybody something re: Vlad Jr.

Why are so many people so anxious to see him called up?

The Jays are going to be a train wreck this year. There is almost no hope of saving this season. They are not going to contend for anything. Why blow part of a year of control over Vlad Jr. for no real reason?

I would hate to see him get the opportunity to walk away earlier as a free agent in his prime years because of a short-sighted decision to bring him up in a hopeless season.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Shake my head to all you guys who wanted to get rid of Morales.

Ladies and Gentlemen your new Blue Jays closer!!!

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Shake my head to all you guys who wanted to get rid of Morales.

Ladies and Gentlemen your new Blue Jays closer!!!
Wouldn't that be funny if a guy was so useless but was basically kept around because he was owed so much money ended up being decent once tried as a pitcher. Has that ever happened? I know position players have become pitchers but has it ever been because a team was unwilling to cut their losses and get rid of a guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad