Blue Jays GDT: 2018 v2| Next: Fri May 18 | vs Oak| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Anderson vs Estrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Even Goins made contact 80% of the time.

The holes in Ngoepe's swing are, craters, to say the least.

Goins did make some minor improvements to his swing by choking up on the bat. When he first started with the jays, not only could he not hit a breaking pitch, but he couldn't catch up to a major league fastball.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Goins did make some minor improvements to his swing by choking up on the bat. When he first started with the jays, not only could he not hit a breaking pitch, but he couldn't catch up to a major league fastball.

Any sort of adjustments Goins made impacted his performance for a short period of time. Goins was 25 when he was called up, Ngoepe was 27. Whatever their profile has been remains that at this point in time. Striking out 30%+ of the time in AAA with negligible power indicates he's worse than a less than adequate hitter.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
MLB reviews make no sense. 2 reviews early in the year should fairly clearly been overturned but stood, that one was quite inconclusive but is overturned. I think it was fair but it was so close so have no idea how you can conclusively call it fair without a camera angle up the line. Especially in a world where Justin Smoak having his foot 3 inches off first base wasn’t conclusive in the Yankees series somehow

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
MLB reviews make no sense. 2 reviews early in the year should fairly clearly been overturned but stood, that one was quite inconclusive but is overturned. I think it was fair but it was so close so have no idea how you can conclusively call it fair without a camera angle up the line. Especially in a world where Justin Smoak having his foot 3 inches off first base wasn’t conclusive in the Yankees series somehow

Well theres your problem...

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Well theres your problem...

That call went in our favour though. Smoak foot was very clearly off the bag but the out call stood. I was stunned. I said like not even a week ago their standard for overturning a call was way too high and now this. It’s less consistent than goalie interference if that’s even possible

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
That call went in our favour though. Smoak foot was very clearly off the bag but the out call stood. I was stunned. I said like not even a week ago their standard for overturning a call was way too high and now this. It’s less consistent than goalie interference if that’s even possible

I thought the Smoak one was hilarious, but this one was definitely the right call.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Tied for your Jays leader in homeruns... Diaz?

I mean I knew he could hit homeruns, and it’s only 3, but not this often

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
To me that call was completely inconclusive so the call on the field should have stood. One angle looked fair and the other foul.

Also, when did Luke Maile learn how to hit?

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
OT: David Price got pulled due to tingling in hand...must be from all that heavy coin lifting and jingling during the off-season. :sarcasm:

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Bumping and opening this GDT now becaus I may not be around in the afternoon and because it may be lost on the 2nd page. In fact I realize now that it wasn'' even open for friday's game.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Still no update, but it does appear that postponing the game is a real possibility. Mother Nature appears to be a Red Sox fan, trying to slow the Jays down and cool off their hot start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad