Blue Jays GDT: 2018 v2| Next: Fri May 18 | vs Oak| 7pm ET/4pm PT | Anderson vs Estrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I brought this topic up in the other thread. Did McGowan take his into the 9th? I have memories of multiple pitchers carrying a no-hitter into the 6th and 7th. But not many into the 8th and 9th.

I want to say he made it into the 9th, but barely. Like the first or second guy he faced that inning broke it up.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Lol, like 5 of the next 6 games are on Sportsnet 1, which of course coincides with me being away and in a place where I can only get regular Sportsnet. Guess I'm going to have to watch on my laptop when I have time. Ugh.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Lol, like 5 of the next 6 games are on Sportsnet 1, which of course coincides with me being away and in a place where I can only get regular Sportsnet. Guess I'm going to have to watch on my laptop when I have time. Ugh.

Blame the NHL playoffs. We can just tell the Sharks they're eliminated if that helps :sarcasm:

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I want to say he made it into the 9th, but barely. Like the first or second guy he faced that inning broke it up.

The McGowan one is very, very vague in my memory.

I believe Stieb had three no-hitters broken up with two outs in the 9th (one of them was a perfect game attempt and he had another one when he gave up the hit early in the game and it ended up being a one-hitter - I think - I may be combining games in my memory.).

Halladay and Morrow are the only others ones I remember going into the 9th.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Blame the NHL playoffs. We can just tell the Sharks they're eliminated if that helps :sarcasm:

You can do that and I guarantee that half the fanbase wouldn't even notice because they already assume it's true. :laugh:

Though it actually turns out that the Sharks/Ducks series games 3 and 4 are on SN1 as well (I'll be home for sure for game 4, but not necessarily game 3)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
You can do that and I guarantee that half the fanbase wouldn't even notice because they already assume it's true. :laugh:

Though it actually turns out that the Sharks/Ducks series games 3 and 4 are on SN1 as well (I'll be home for sure for game 4, but not necessarily game 3)

Oh awesome. The Jays game on the 16th is on SN1 preceding the Sharks/Ducks game. So that'll probably go 14 innings and mean nobody can watch that hockey game then. Because luck.

I'm probably going to end up watching most Jays games upcoming on my phone using SN Now while watching hockey on TV or vice versa. Does anyone know if the game that are facebook games will be available on SN now. I'm not sure what the hell they are putting games on facebook only for. For example the April 18th game at 4 ET when there's absolutely nothing on SN is on facebook for some reason. Whatever they're trying it's guaranteed to fail miserably.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Oh awesome. The Jays game on the 16th is on SN1 preceding the Sharks/Ducks game. So that'll probably go 14 innings and mean nobody can watch that hockey game then. Because luck.

I'm probably going to end up watching most Jays games upcoming on my phone using SN Now while watching hockey on TV or vice versa. Does anyone know if the game that are facebook games will be available on SN now. I'm not sure what the hell they are putting games on facebook only for. For example the April 18th game at 4 ET when there's absolutely nothing on SN is on facebook for some reason. Whatever they're trying it's guaranteed to fail miserably.

Facebook signed some deal with MLB to air games on their own platform as an attempt to establish facebook as a broadcasting alternative. This means that there are no other options to watch those games. It's either facebook or radio. Luckily for the Jays it's only 2 games. It's 25 games across all of baseball so it's possible that some teams' fans get more hosed than us.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Facebook signed some deal with MLB to air games on their own platform as an attempt to establish facebook as a broadcasting alternative. This means that there are no other options to watch those games. It's either facebook or radio. Luckily for the Jays it's only 2 games. It's 25 games across all of baseball so it's possible that some teams' fans get more hosed than us.

Are they free?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Are they free?

I think so. There may be questions about availability in Canada though. When this whole idea first came up, I heard mention that WWE did some sort of batch of wrestling shows on Facebook that weren't available through other means (even on their own pay subscribers network) and a bunch of people in Canada got the dreaded "this content is not available in your region" warning when they tried to watch. Who knows if Facebook causes something like that to happen again.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I was driving home from my son’s game last night listening to the end of the game on the radio and was very strange not hearing any fan reactions to the play.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Out of curiosity do they actually just let you sit wherever you want at that point? Could I just go sit beside the dugout or would the ushers push back on that?

Back when the jays weren’t drawing well I was able to sit in some really good seats. The ushers don’t “let you” but if you keep your ticket in your pocket and look like you know where you’re going it’s not hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad