San Diego, CA
tenor.gif

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The conditions really aren't that hard.

Bad golf is bad golf. The best score today isn't +5, so its not like the course is unplayable. Its a normal US Open set-up. Not many will be under par.

I really hope the pro pundits stop talking about the conditions. Its annoying. Call out the top players for playing bad golf.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
The conditions really aren't that hard.

Bad golf is bad golf. The best score today isn't +5, so its not like the course is unplayable. Its a normal US Open set-up. Not many will be under par.

I really hope the pro pundits stop talking about the conditions. Its annoying. Call out the top players for playing bad golf.
These conditions are a far cry from what we see at The Open. Pretty tame compared to that

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is a weak leaderboard for a major. If DJ doesn't win, I gotta think we are looking at Rose, Fowler, Thomas, Stenson and 2018's Single Season Grand Slam winner as the main contenders.

Reactions: Dr John Carlson

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
Obviously I'm not a tour pro, but I play at Montauk Downs 4+ times a year and the wind really screws with your head. Definitely having an impact today. Hope the cream of the crop comes up to the top of the leaderboard over the next few days.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
We're very interested to see what Tiger brings, but there are other good players to show that are, you know, actually playing good/better golf. Show them.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Stenson in a nutshell this season, par on the easiest holes and birdies on low percentage putts. 12 of 15 greens hit, he shouldn't be over par.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Notables within 4: D. Johnson, Poulter, Dufner, Rose, Burns, Stenson, Schauffele, Snedeker, Casey, Z. Johnson, Reed, BEEF, Fitzpatrick, Fowler, Cabrera-Bello, Stricker, Furyk, SW Kim

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl
Jan 3, 2012
This is being intentionally misleading or insane. Phil is basically claiming +5 or worse will win the event.

2018 U.S. Open - Tim Rosaforte: Phil Mickelson still hopeful after 77 | Golf Channel

No it isn't. He is being realistic. Nobody is shooting four rounds of par or better unless somebody Kaymer's this. Realistically everyone is going to be struggling to break par without serious condition changes. Even could very well be the lead come Sunday, and if he shoots par-par he can definitely be within striking distance if the leaders on Sunday collapse.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
It's amazing how many of the top guys lost the tournament in one round.

There's just no way you're making back 7-8 strokes out there imo. The best rounds aren't going to be more than a few under it doesn't look like.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad