NFL: 2018 Trade Deadline Rumors and Speculation

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Saints, Patriots and Eagles supposedly in on Emmanuel Sanders. He would fit a need for the Saints with Ted Ginn on IR but I don't see how they have the cap room unless they included Bridgewater in the deal.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
This is my own speculation. I wonder if Minnesota has inquired about Le'veon Bell.

It's clear that Pittsburgh won't move him. But after giving Kirk Cousins three years of guaranteed money and seeing Dalvin Cook still can't stay healthy, it's worth a shot.

Swing for the fences.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Saints, Patriots and Eagles supposedly in on Emmanuel Sanders. He would fit a need for the Saints with Ted Ginn on IR but I don't see how they have the cap room unless they included Bridgewater in the deal.

Well, that's probably not a bad idea for the Broncos. Or Bridgewater. He could get a few chances to show that he can still be a QB in this league and the Broncos definitely don't have anything to lose by giving him a shot.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't understand either the GB or Det moves

But as Bear fan I am not complaining especially to have Dix gone

At least with Tate you could say it'll mean even more playing time and targets for two better receivers. They also got a 3rd round pick for this draft rather than waiting for whatever comp pick they would've gotten next year. The trade makes them weaker but at least it makes sense on some level. I don't understand the Packers decision at all.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
At least with Tate you could say it'll mean even more playing time and targets for two better receivers. They also got a 3rd round pick for this draft rather than waiting for whatever comp pick they would've gotten next year. The trade makes them weaker but at least it makes sense on some level. I don't understand the Packers decision at all.

Ha-Ha hasn't played well this year.

i guess they are looking at future, kind of, and know they weren't getting comp pick for him as they plan on being aggressive in FA.

it makes them weaker for sure because their other safeties also suck and don't have the ability HHCD has. maybe there were some locker room issues as well, HHCD indicated that he won't be coming back next year but iirc, that comment seemed more like GB wasn't going to re-sign him rather than he didn't want to be there.

edit.

edit.2. what, PFF has him as #3 safety in the league?? wouldn't have guessed that.

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
So to recap, the players traded were:

Carlos Hyde (CLE to JAX)
Amari Cooper (OAK to DAL)
Eli Apple (NYG to NO)
Damon Harrison (NYG to DET)
Demaryius Thomas (DEN to HOU)
Golden Tate (DET to PHI)
Ty Montgomery (GB to BAL)
Dante Fowler (JAX to LAR)
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (GB to WSH)

Last edited:

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I'd say Snacks was my favourite trade of the bunch. Really like that move for the Lions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad