WC: 2018 - Team Korea

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Team Korea, one of the weaker participants in the tournament needed a thread as well, and here it comes. :D

Couldn't find any readable roster news about the team online, which is why I attached their olympic roster as a point of reference.

Attachments

• Team Korea.JPG
    Team Korea.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: AmericanDream

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Team Korea, one of the weaker participants in the tournament needed a thread as well, and here it comes. :D

Couldn't find any readable roster news about the team online, which is why I attached their olympic roster as a point of reference.
The exact same roster as they had in the Olympics. Not a single change.

Reactions: sytheman

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
That's logical, they have absolutely no depth.
Lucky to have all their players available and no injuries.

It will be very tough for them even to battle for one single victory.
That being said I hope they will be proud of their tournament at the end :nod:

sytheman

Mar 8, 2017
Seoul, Korea
Finalized Roster for Team Korea at the worlds
(Players in bold did not participate in the Olympic Games)

Jersey Number - Name - Position - Age - Club

#1 KIM, Kisung - Forward - 33 - Anyang Halla
#2 KIM, Sangwook - Forward - 30 - Anyang Halla
#3 KIM, Wonjung - Forward - 34 - Anyang Halla
#4 PARK, Woosang - Forward - 33 - Anyang Halla
#5 SHIN, Sangwoo - Forward - 31 - Anyang Halla
#6 CHO, Minho - Forward - 31 - Anyang Halla
#7 RADUNSKE, Brock - Forward - 35 - Anyang Halla
#8 SHIN, Sanghoon - Forward - 25 - Republic of Korea Armed Forces Athletic Corps
#9 AHN, Jinhui - Forward - 27 - Republic of Korea Armed Forces Athletic Corps
#10 JEON, Jungwoo - Forward - 24 - Republic of Korea Armed Forces Athletic Corps
#11 SWIFT, Michael - Forward - 31 - High1
#12 PARK, Jinkyu - Forward - 27 - Free Agent
#13 LEE, Chonghyun - Forward - 22 - Yonsei University
#14 LEE, Youngjun - Forward - 27 - Daemyung Killer Whales
#15 KIM, Wonjun - Defenseman - 27 - Anyang Halla
#16 PLANT, Alex - Defenseman - 30 - Anyang Halla
#17 REGAN, Eric - Defenseman - 29 - Anyang Halla
#18 LEE, Donku - Defenseman - 30 - Anyang Halla
#19 SONG, Hyungchul - Defenseman - 23 - Anyang Halla
#20 YOUNG, Bryan - Defenseman - 31 - Daemyung Killer Whales
#21 OH, Hyunho - Defenseman - 32 - Daemyung Killer Whales
#22 SEO, Youngjun - Defenseman - 24 - Daemyung Killer Whales
#23 DALTON, Matt - Goalkeeper - 32 - Anyang Halla
#24 PARK, Sungje - Goalkeeper - 32 - High1
#25 LEE, Yeonseung - Goalkeeper - 23 - Daemyung Killer Whales

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I had a very skeptical opinion on Team Korea before the Olympics, but with all the North American additions throughout the last few years they've proved themselves to be a half-decent, competitive team worthy of the Elite tier.

Considering Norway, Latvia and Germany are sending decimated rosters, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they actually managed to stay up. I mean, it's not likely, but it's certainly possible.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I had a very skeptical opinion on Team Korea before the Olympics, but with all the North American additions throughout the last few years they've proved themselves to be a half-decent, competitive team worthy of the Elite tier.

Considering Norway, Latvia and Germany are sending decimated rosters, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they actually managed to stay up. I mean, it's not likely, but it's certainly possible.
Latvia and Germany are certainly weaker compared to last year but not decimated at all. South Korea would have to win the game against Norway.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018

Although they might well miss the qf's, Germany will settle any doubts and beat both Latvia and Norway in the preliminary round. We're strong enough. :cool:

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Take out all the Kims and Lees and it will a stroll in the Parks... eh eh. Team Korea must spoon their ramen and kimchi many many times before they can survive in this shark tank.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Although they might well miss the qf's, Germany will settle any doubts and beat both Latvia and Norway in the preliminary round. We're strong enough. :cool:
The probability of that happening is about 35%. So not very likely.

sytheman

Mar 8, 2017
Seoul, Korea
Being realistic of our chances in this competition, I really want our players to take very serious note of experience they will gain throughout the tournament. It will play pivotal role in developing the game in Korea.

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
I love South Korea and I will be cheering for them for sure :popcorn:

But trully it will be a very good performance if they just manage to keep one or two close games... Germany is way too high I don't believe it at all. For Norway and Latvia they may have very little chances but it will be so tough.

For those who speak about staying in the top division, don't dream too much :laugh:

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
So, how did the training camp at Dallas go? Did the Korean players learn more about how to play in the NHL?

GarryMc

Apr 17, 2018
Thanks Bro
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/whute.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/image.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad