WJC: 2018 Team Denmark Roster Talk

SLOVAN

Dec 23, 2014
Slovakia
Heloo fans from Denmark. Can you say please which one TV in Denmark will sending your team matches??? Thank you

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Krog in net tonight? Looks like him, he just made a really nice save on a cross crease pass. 1-0 Russia halfway through the game. Denmark playing pretty well.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
#23 scored after the Russia goalie banked it off him and into the next, then Svejstrup just scored so it's 2-2 halfway through the 3rd

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Dump and chase on that PP was atrocious for Denmark on that PP. Didn't get offensive zone possession once for the entire PP. Pull their goalie and gives up a empty netter right at the end of it

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Game ends 4-2. I was quite impressed by Denmark. Russia had one of their KHL lines scratched that will be playing in the tournament, and not sure they relied on their best guys who played as much as they would, but Denmark played really well. That last PP was really disappointing though.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They played a full OT and a shootout for practice. Svechnikov got a breakaway and scored in the OT. Denmark won the shootout 2-1

22 Grundtvig DEN saved
11 Abramov RUS scored
17 Andersen DEN saved
14 Svechnikov RUS saved(fanned?)
8 Svejstrup DEN scored
7 Sokolov TUS saved
25 Molge DEN scored
10 Manukyan RUS saved
23 Madsen DEN saved
9 Kravtsov RUS saved

Denmark wins the shootout 2-1

Reactions: Valdemar

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
They played a full OT and a shootout for practice. Svechnikov got a breakaway and scored in the OT. Denmark won the shootout 2-1

22 Grundtvig DEN saved
11 Abramov RUS scored
17 Andersen DEN saved
14 Svechnikov RUS saved(fanned?)
8 Svejstrup DEN scored
7 Sokolov TUS saved
25 Molge DEN scored
10 Manukyan RUS saved
23 Madsen DEN saved
9 Kravtsov RUS saved

Denmark wins the shootout 2-1

Thank you very much for the recap and your opinion of the game. It is much appreciated for us who cannot see it.

The Danish team played without the first line; Jonas Røndbjerg, Nikolaj Krag-Christensen and Joachim Blichfeld. Goalie Emil Gransøe was not dressed either.

Here are the Danish lineup for the game against Russia:

Oliver Larsen, Christian Larsen – Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup, Valdemar Ahlberg, David Madsen
Malte Setkov, Jacob Jessen – Andreas Grundtvig, Magnus Molge, Philip Schultz
Jeppe Urup, Rasmus Heine – Christian Wejse, Daniel Nielsen, Lucas Andersen
Lasse Mortensen – Asger Petersen, Christoffer Gath, Oliver True

Goalie: Kasper Krog, backup goalie: Mads Søgaard

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Bragin vs Eller rematch ver. 22.0? :laugh: it feels like they play each other at least twice a year now. The gap getting a little bit smaller each time. Nice to have a guy like Bragin on the WJC20 NT for Russia.

Still remember those golden moments when he totally changed what kind of foreigners the Danish league could attract.

Edit: Also Skriko.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Went to the Sweden game on Monday and the Russia game last night, and Kasper Krog has really impressed me.

Thank you. I hope it will carry over to the WJC. We need him to be a wall if we should stand any chance for a good result.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Final Danish roster with 23 players:

Goaltenders:
Emil Gransøe, Topeka Roadrunners (USA)
Kasper Krog, SønderjyskE
Mads Søgaard, Austin Bruins (USA)

Defencemen:
Christian Larsen, Odense Bulldogs
Jakob Jessen, Herning Blue Fox
Jeppe Urup Mogensen, AIK (SWE)
Lasse Mortensen, Rødovre Mighty Bulls
Malte Setkov, Malmö Redhawks (SWE)
Oliver Larsen, Leksands IF (SWE)
Rasmus Heine, Rødovre Mighty Bulls

Forwards:
Andreas Grundtvig, Esbjerg Energy
Christian Wejse, Esbjerg Energy
Christoffer Gath, Herlev Eagles
Daniel Nielsen, Herning Blue Fox
David Madsen, Växjo Lakers (SWE)
Jacob Svejstrup, Fargo Force (USA)
Joachim Blichfeld, Portland Winterhawks (USA)
Jonas Røndbjerg, Växjo Lakers (SWE)
Lucas Andersen, Jokerit (FIN)
Magnus Molge, Malmö Redhawks (SWE)
Nikolaj Krag, Rungsted Seier Capital
Phillip Schultz, Rødovre Mighty Bulls
Valdemar Ahlberg, Austin Bruins (USA)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bagge

Hungry

May 15, 2017
Like always relegation is a distinct possibility. Division 1 next year will be a challenge with Germany, Latvia, and the French team that was promoted to the U18 championships. Add this years relegated team and it could be a bloodbath.

When you look at what Denmark has done the last three years it's astounding. 3 quarterfinal appearances. They've got points in every single game except those against the big 4 (3 vs SUI, 2 vs CZE, 1 vs FIN). They've taken 2 of 3 games against Russia to overtime and have kept the scores down against the top teams with the exception of the quarterfinal loss to Canada. It's been a dream run, almost impossible to imagine it going any better. Here's hoping they play as hard as they have the last few years and that that is enough to keep them up for another year.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Did True get injured or not make it?

He did not make it for some odd reason. He plays on small ice, that should be sufficient. :laugh: He'll make it next year.

Seriously though. Not much offense going for us in the first two games. I really like Setkov though.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
He did not make it for some odd reason. He plays on small ice, that should be sufficient. :laugh: He'll make it next year.

Seriously though. Not much offense going for us in the first two games. I really like Setkov though.

I'm shocked. He is one of the guys who stood out to me last year. I really liked True and From. Enough to remember them and continue to watch their progress. Not much else going on this squad. Setkov, like you said....and...um...Rondbjerg looked ok at times. Bleh. Thx for the info.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I'm shocked. He is one of the guys who stood out to me last year. I really liked True and From. Enough to remember them and continue to watch their progress. Not much else going on this squad. Setkov, like you said....and...um...Rondbjerg looked ok at times. Bleh. Thx for the info.

Erhm...you mean Alexander True, but he is too old now and plays in Sharks organisation. I thought you meant his younger brother, Oliver who is currently in CHL. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad