WJC: 2018 Team Denmark Roster Talk

JClark

Nov 22, 2017
Starting this thread because I have seen people ask about Team Denmark in other threads.

Returning Players

Goalies
Emil Gransøe (98)
Kasper L. Krog (98)

Defense
Oliver Joakim Larsen (98)

Forwards
Joachim Blichfeld (98)
Nikolaj Krag Christensen (98)
David Madsen (99)
Jonas Røndbjerg (99)
Christian Wejse (98)

NOTE: Oliver Gatz Nielsen (98) would be eligible to return but he is injured to the best of my knowledge.

I'm thinking Denmark will be weaker this year since True and From aged out, but here are the possible players that could make the team:

Goalies
Albert Adamsen (99)
William Rørth (99)
Mads Søgaard (00)

Defense
Daniel Andersen (99)
Rasmus Birk Heine (98)
Lasse L. Carlsen (99)
Lasse Holm Mortensen (00)
Jakob Jessen (98)
Christian Larsen (99)
Jeppe Mogensen (99)

Malte Setkov (99)

Forwards

Valdemar Ahlberg (98)
Lucas Andersen (99)
Lukas Bach Nielsen (00)
Christoffer Gath (99)
Andreas Grundtvig (99)
Magnus Molge (98)
Daniel Nielsen (98)
Marcus Pedersen (98)
Asger Petersen (99)
Oliver Reuter (99)
Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup (98)
Phillip Schultz (00)
Oliver True (00)
Simon Wiuff (98)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They might be a tad weaker, but it's not like From and True were completely dominant like when they lost Bjorkstrand and Ehlers. Krag Christensen and Blichfeld are solid players who will take that 19 year old mantle from From and True as well as Rondberg getting better and more experienced. Not sure they have the younger guys coming to to replace the secondary roles. Oliver True maybe. And they do still have a goalie who played really solidly last year in Krog. Expecting any Denmark team(even the same one they had last year if they did it again) to repeat the 2nd play group performance they put up last year would not be realistic as they obviously had a lot of things go their way. But I'd say they're in with a pretty solid shot to beat Slovakia. Worst case I can't see them losing to Belarus twice, and I think they might be fairly evenly matched with a weaker Swiss team this year.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
They might be a tad weaker, but it's not like From and True were completely dominant like when they lost Bjorkstrand and Ehlers. Krag Christensen and Blichfeld are solid players who will take that 19 year old mantle from From and True as well as Rondberg getting better and more experienced. Not sure they have the younger guys coming to to replace the secondary roles. Oliver True maybe. And they do still have a goalie who played really solidly last year in Krog. Expecting any Denmark team(even the same one they had last year if they did it again) to repeat the 2nd play group performance they put up last year would not be realistic as they obviously had a lot of things go their way. But I'd say they're in with a pretty solid shot to beat Slovakia. Worst case I can't see them losing to Belarus twice, and I think they might be fairly evenly matched with a weaker Swiss team this year.

Belarus are going to be better than people think, I like them more on paper than Denmark right now, their top end is better. The Swiss have a projected 1rd pick in the upcoming draft in Kurashev, so they should be safe. Slovakia look decent this time, so I don't think they will win that game.

JClark

Nov 22, 2017
I agree that they have a solid shot to beat Slovakia. I think a player like Oliver True can come in and be decent but I think he is a year away from making an impact at this level. Jake Schmidt is currently leading the USHL in scoring so I could see him maybe slotting into the lineup. I'm definitely excited to see if Blichfeld, Krag and Rondbjerg can carry this team and play some meaningful games.

This is my guess:

Rondbjerg - Krag Christensen - Blichfeld
Lucas Andersen - Madsen - Jake Schmidt-Svejstrup
Daniel Nielsen - Wejse - True
Ahlberg - Pedersen - Molge
Schultz

Setkov - Larsen
Andersen - Mogensen
Heine - Mortensen
Jessen

Krog
Gransoe
Adamsen

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Denmark don't have the D that Belarus do, forwards are comparable, though I'd still give Belarus the edge there.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
I believe this is the roster announcement from the danish hockey federation website
U20-landsholdet: 30 spillere tilbage i VM-bruttotruppen

And the google translate version of that page

The U20 national team's gross squad for the World Cup is now thin up to 30 players, announcing head coach Olaf Eller and the coach. - We are now closer to the 26, who will attend the pre-camp in St. Petersburg. Catherines (Canada) and Rochester (United States). Pt. the squad consists of 30 players and therefore another cut will be made before the 13th of December, it is apparent from the coach who now has the following players in the picture.
Goalkeepers (5): Albert Adamsen (Herning Blue Fox) Kasper Lautrup Krog (SønderjyskE) Mads Søgaard (Austin Bruins) Mads-Emil Marius Gransøe (Topeka Roadrunners) William Rørth (Rødovre)
Backs (9): Christian Harris Larsen (Odense Bulldogs) Daniel Baastrup (Linköping) Jakob Jessen (Herning Blue Fox) Jeppe Urup Mogensen (AIK Stockholm) Lasse Carlsen (Rødovre) Lasse Holm Mortensen (Rødovre) Malte Setkov (Malmö Redhawks) Oliver Paaske Larsen (Leksand) Rasmus Birk Heine (Rødovre Mighty Bulls)
Forwards (16): Andreas Grundtvig (Esbjerg Energy) Asger Petersen (Odense Bulldogs) Christian Wejse Mathiasen (Esbjerg Energy) Christoffer Gath (Herlev Eagles) Daniel Bækhøj Nielsen (Herning Blue Fox) David Søgaard Madsen (Växjö Lakers) Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup (Fargo Force) Joachim Blichfeld (Portland Winterhawks) Jonas Røndbjerg (Växjö Lakers) Lucas Andersen (Jokerit Helsinki) Lukas Bach Nielsen (EV Zug) Magnus Molge (Malmö) Nikolaj Krag-Christensen (Rungsted Seier Capital) Oliver True (Ottawa 67's) Phillip Louis Schultz (Rødovre Mighty Bulls) Valdemar Ahlberg (Austin Bruins)

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
I believe this is the roster announcement from the danish hockey federation website
U20-landsholdet: 30 spillere tilbage i VM-bruttotruppen

And the google translate version of that page

The U20 national team's gross squad for the World Cup is now thin up to 30 players, announcing head coach Olaf Eller and the coach. - We are now closer to the 26, who will attend the pre-camp in St. Petersburg. Catherines (Canada) and Rochester (United States). Pt. the squad consists of 30 players and therefore another cut will be made before the 13th of December, it is apparent from the coach who now has the following players in the picture.
Goalkeepers (5): Albert Adamsen (Herning Blue Fox) Kasper Lautrup Krog (SønderjyskE) Mads Søgaard (Austin Bruins) Mads-Emil Marius Gransøe (Topeka Roadrunners) William Rørth (Rødovre)
Backs (9): Christian Harris Larsen (Odense Bulldogs) Daniel Baastrup (Linköping) Jakob Jessen (Herning Blue Fox) Jeppe Urup Mogensen (AIK Stockholm) Lasse Carlsen (Rødovre) Lasse Holm Mortensen (Rødovre) Malte Setkov (Malmö Redhawks) Oliver Paaske Larsen (Leksand) Rasmus Birk Heine (Rødovre Mighty Bulls)
Forwards (16): Andreas Grundtvig (Esbjerg Energy) Asger Petersen (Odense Bulldogs) Christian Wejse Mathiasen (Esbjerg Energy) Christoffer Gath (Herlev Eagles) Daniel Bækhøj Nielsen (Herning Blue Fox) David Søgaard Madsen (Växjö Lakers) Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup (Fargo Force) Joachim Blichfeld (Portland Winterhawks) Jonas Røndbjerg (Växjö Lakers) Lucas Andersen (Jokerit Helsinki) Lukas Bach Nielsen (EV Zug) Magnus Molge (Malmö) Nikolaj Krag-Christensen (Rungsted Seier Capital) Oliver True (Ottawa 67's) Phillip Louis Schultz (Rødovre Mighty Bulls) Valdemar Ahlberg (Austin Bruins)

Adamsen, Rørth, Daniel Baastrup and Lukas Nielsen have been cut from that list. Another cut will follow.
The team is not as good a last year but do have some assets: Røndbjerg is a regular SHL-player, Svejstrup is leading top scorer in the USHL. Blichfeldt is PPG-player in WHL. David Madsen had 12 minuts on the Växjö SHL team yesterday. Most of the D-men have good size...

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Here are the 26 players that are going to training camp in the USA. 3 players will be cut just before start of the WJC.

Goaltenders:
Emil Gransøe, Topeka Roadrunners (USA)
Kasper Krog, SønderjyskE
Mads Søgaard, Austin Bruins (USA)

Defencemen:
Christian Larsen, Odense Bulldogs
Jakob Jessen, Herning Blue Fox
Jeppe Urup Mogensen, AIK (SWE)
Lasse Carlsen, Rødovre Mighty Bulls
Lasse Mortensen, Rødovre Mighty Bulls
Malte Setkov, Malmö Redhawks (SWE)
Oliver Larsen, Leksands IF (SWE)
Rasmus Heine, Rødovre Mighty Bulls

Forwards:
Andreas Grundtvig, Esbjerg Energy
Asger Petersen, Odense Bulldogs
Christian Wejse, Esbjerg Energy
Christoffer Gath, Herlev Eagles
Daniel Nielsen, Herning Blue Fox
David Madsen, Växjo Lakers (SWE)
Jacob Svejstrup, Fargo Force (USA)
Joachim Blichfeld, Portland Winterhawks (USA)
Jonas Røndbjerg, Växjo Lakers (SWE)
Lucas Andersen, Jokerit (FIN)
Magnus Molge, Malmö Redhawks (SWE)
Nikolaj Krag, HPK U20/LeKi (FIN)
Oliver True, Ottawa 67’s (CAN)
Phillip Schultz, Rødovre Mighty Bulls
Valdemar Ahlberg, Austin Bruins (USA)

Reactions: DashingDane

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Blichfeld is going to have to be an absolute horse this year. Excited to see how he handles it.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Blichfeld is going to have to be an absolute horse this year. Excited to see how he handles it.

We have a saying in Denmark: "The broadest shoulders should carry the heaviest burdens". So yes, the 4 NHL drafted players; Malte Setkov, Joachim Blichfeld, Jonas Røndbjerg and Nikolaj Krag as well as the current top scorer in the USHL; Jacob Svejstrup have an obligation to play their very best if the Danish team shall have any chance to avoid relegation.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Im gutted that Oliver Gatz is not with them this year. He played so well in last years WJC. Is he still injured or havent he found his groove again?

One of the most positive things in last years WJC was all the blueliners. I hope they can deliver this year also and I feel this is a key for us to stay up. (I know only Oliver Larsen was with us last year)

Players I look forward to watching closer:

Malte Setkov. Just signed with Malmö seniors, who I follow quite close. His development seems to have rocketed and I have high expectations for him to continue that way.

Jacob Svejstrup. I must admit, since he has played in USA the last few years that I have very limited knowledge about him. Leading in both points and goals in USHL he must be worth watching and hopefully he can contribute to our limited offense.

David Madsen. There is something about this kid. He just keeps improving and now have regular apperances in SHL. A guy that has went under the radar for quite some time. I think his work ethics must be through the roof, because from what I have read, his abilites in skating and stickhandling are not superior in any way.

Lucas Andersen will also be followed closely as will the three NHL drafted players, Røndbjerg, Blichfeld and Krag.

Im a bit worried about our goalies, but thats due to minimal knowledge about them.

Reactions: Valdemar

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
The Danish lineup for tonight's training game against Canada:

* Jacob Jessen, Oliver Larsen – Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup, Valdemar Ahlberg, David Madsen
* Malte Setkov, Lasse Mortensen – Joachim Blichfeld, Nikolaj Krag (A), Jonas Røndbjerg
* Jeppe Urup, Rasmus Heine – Daniel Nielsen (A), Christian Wejse (C), Lucas Andersen
* Lasse Carlsen, Christian Larsen – Magnus Molge, Andreas Grundtvig, Oliver True

Much will depend on the first 2 lines ability to compete. The last two lines are clearly shot down lines.

The profiles; David Madsen, Jonas Røndbjerg and Nikolaj Krag will be exchanged with Asger Petersen, Philip Schultz and Christoffer Gath in the second half of the game, to give all players on the roster a chance to feel the ice.

Goaltender will be Emil Gransøe with Mads Søgaard as backup.

Reactions: JClark

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
The Danish lineup for tonight's training game against Canada:

* Jacob Jessen, Oliver Larsen – Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup, Valdemar Ahlberg, David Madsen
* Malte Setkov, Lasse Mortensen – Joachim Blichfeld, Nikolaj Krag (A), Jonas Røndbjerg
* Jeppe Urup, Rasmus Heine – Daniel Nielsen (A), Christian Wejse (C), Lucas Andersen
* Lasse Carlsen, Christian Larsen – Magnus Molge, Andreas Grundtvig, Oliver True

Much will depend on the first 2 lines ability to compete. The last two lines are clearly shot down lines.

The profiles; David Madsen, Jonas Røndbjerg and Nikolaj Krag will be exchanged with Asger Petersen, Philip Schultz and Christoffer Gath in the second half of the game, to give all players on the roster a chance to feel the ice.

Goaltender will be Emil Gransøe with Mads Søgaard as backup.
Never mind..found the numbers.

Last edited:

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Here are the Danish lines from the game against SUI:

Malte Setkov, Lasse Mortensen – Jonas Røndbjerg, Joachim Blichfeld, Nikolaj Krag
Jacob Jessen, Oliver Larsen – David Madsen, Valdemar Ahlberg, Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup
Jeppe Urup, Rasmus Heine – Philip Schultz, Christoffer Gath, Asger Petersen
Lasse Carlsen, Christian Larsen – Oliver True, Andreas Grundtvig, Magnus Molge
13th forward: Lucas Andersen

Goalie: Kasper Krog
Backup goalie: Emil Gransøe

Not dressed: Mads Søgaard, Christian Wejse and Daniel Nielsen

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
An impressive Danish victory by the way. I didn't see the game, but according to coach Olaf Eller, the Danish team played much better in this game than against Canada. Specially the defense was much improved. It is the 3rd time out of 4 in the last 4 years that the Danish team beats Switzerland.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
An impressive Danish victory by the way. I didn't see the game, but according to coach Olaf Eller, the Danish team played much better in this game than against Canada. Specially the defense was much improved. It is the 3rd time out of 4 in the last 4 years that the Danish team beats Switzerland.

:banana::devdance::pickle::wave:

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Denmark got a serious beating tonight loosing 13-1 to Sweden. The team virtually imploded in the 3rd period with 7 goals against. This is a tough wake up call, but maybe necessary.

The lines for the Sweden game:
Goalie: Mads Søgaard and back-up: Kasper Krog.
Malte Setkov, Jacob Jessen – Jonas Røndbjerg, Joachim Blichfeld, Nikolaj Krag
Jeppe Urup, Rasmus Heine – David Madsen, Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup, Lucas Andersen
Christian Larsen, Lasse Mortensen – Christian Wejse, Asger Petersen, Philip Schultz
Andreas Grundtvig, Christoffer Gath, Magnus Molge
13th forward: Valdemar Ahlberg

Daniel Nielsen has the flu, Oliver Larsen will be resting because of a slight injury and Oliver True will not be dressed. Lasse Carlsen got injured in the game against Switzerland and unfortunately cannot participate in the WJC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->