2018 Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Paging @&$#ing Blake Wheeler. How about a little effort in OT.

He's been brutal all year. Wake the bleep up!

Reactions: sipowicz

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So the haters saying the Wheeler signing was bad may be on to something. Can a player get too old over one summer after signing a fat contract?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
FINALLY IT’S OPEN. LOSE FOR HUGHES! I can now say that without being thought of as a troll

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
ehlers makes more then little ffs and he has scored 1 goal in almost 50 games. ask him too about big fat raises and losing it over the summer.

I think a big fat contract can really take away the deep down desire in some players, and some it doesn't seem to affect, as they play for the love of the game. It also seems these big contracts affects the real young guys, more than the experienced vets. They've never seen that kind of money in their lives --so it's "culture shock."

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Helle, Ehlers, Wheeler, Little... all playing a bit **** with their shiny new contracts.

I don't think their contracts have anything to do with how they are playing.

I really don't like contracts of Little and Wheeler (and said that when they were signed), because they are either too long or too expensive, and having NTC. But it was not the contract that affected Little and also it was not the contract that made Maurice to play ELL together. Last playoffs Little was great playing away from Laine (as a 3C, but anyway).

Wheeler is huge player for the Jets for a long time, just with either way too long contract or way too much money given the term. Defensively really bad start for him and CSW, but for this season in general, I'm not worried about him.

Reactions: GNP

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
- Operation Underdog -

Operational schematics: Personnel and materiel

Victory conditions: Finish to a rally point below Oilers
Objective: To prevent another top prospect to be hijacked by Oilers
Recommended models for successfully accomplished tank operation 2018/19:

th

2C-Little Mk. 8 "Regressor" - Fire support tank

images

NE-27 Ehlers "Quickie" - Fast assault vehicle

images

PL-Sub-20G-Wave Mk. 3 "Freewheel"- Main Battle Tank

images

PoMo-IQ75 "Strategos" - Tactical Command Vehicle

images

4WD-26 Blame "Skipper" - Medium PR Reconnaissance Wagon

Tactical Amphibious/All Terran Attack mode...
images

... For the 2nd Tank Platoon.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Helle, Ehlers, Wheeler, Little... all playing a bit **** with their shiny new contracts.

Ok kids this thread is funny and I will be putting it on ignore for about 3 months but I do agree there should be a place to counterbalance the positivity thread.

Helle was .919 heading into last night and he has been one of the few bright spots this season. That being said he is fair game this morning.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Ok kids this thread is funny and I will be putting it on ignore for about 3 months but I do agree there should be a place to counterbalance the positivity thread.

Helle was .919 heading into last night and he has been one of the few bright spots this season. That being said he is fair game this morning.

His save % for this season (90.6%) is below the much maligned Pavelec’s career save % (90.7%). The loss was not on Helle but this season’s save % really is below Pavelec’s career totals, think about it. There is no way you can’t include him in the group of players with new fat contracts underperforming.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
eh just burn it down. Too early to be sarcastic.

Nooooooo! We need Tank thread! Tanks are so cool (and cute)!

That’s the spirit!!!

Exactly! A good Tank thread can indeed improve the lacking spirit team demonstrates currently (and I've personally little doubts that will also continue later in this season).

Excellent representation on basic procedures and methods how to ensure the survival of The Tank thread!

Ratte-14.jpg

Helle-B .919 "Mainstay"

is the last tank to be blamed in/for shortcomings of Jets' Tank Division.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Those above semi-spammy rants are posted in deep agony. :(

Missing Joel Armia now... 16 hits in 5GP already. Improvement from last season's Hits/GP average: 1.09 Hits/GP in Jets to 3.2 Hits/GP in Habs.

Anyway, throwing guys like Armia out for free are just those kind of moves that are fundamental requirement for a successful Tanking season.

Reactions: sipowicz

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Lol tank thread.

Jets are too good to miss the playoff.
Saying that, they can be out in 4 straight right away. If they dont adjust.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Just as we allow some safe haven in the "Positivity" thread, the same can be said of this thread. If you really want to vent and discuss things that aren't appropriate for GDTs or elsewhere, this is definitely the place to do it. If you disagree with either the positivity thread or this tank thread, there's an easy solution to your dilemma: put one or both threads on ignore. Don't derail either of the threads by trolling or flaming, please?

kthnksbai!

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
- Operation Underdog -

Operational schematics: Personnel and materiel

Victory conditions: Finish to a rally point below Oilers
Objective: To prevent another top prospect to be hijacked by Oilers
Recommended models for successfully accomplished tank operation 2018/19:

th

2C-Little Mk. 8 "Regressor" - Fire support tank

images

NE-27 Ehlers "Quickie" - Fast assault vehicle

images

PL-Sub-20G-Wave Mk. 3 "Freewheel"- Main Battle Tank

images

PoMo-IQ75 "Strategos" - Tactical Command Vehicle

images

4WD-26 Blame "Skipper" - Medium PR Reconnaissance Wagon

Tactical Amphibious/All Terran Attack mode...
images

... For the 2nd Tank Platoon.
Was not too tough to guess who would have posted something like this. :laugh:

--

Keep it civil, please. That's all.

Reactions: Se829ne

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
In 2001-02 Paul Maurice coached the Hurricanes to the Stanley Cup Final. They lost to Detroit 4 games to 1. The next season 2002-03, Paul Maurice coached the Hurricanes to being the worst team in the NHL. They drafted #2 and picked Eric Staal.

There is lots of experience here. So...if there is anyone that can turn what the Jets did last season into the worst team in the league ( if that's what you want ).... Paul is your man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->