NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
At what point does this franchise start becoming a poisoned chalice ,for him...The fans no longer trusts him and is seems to be willing to buy into what he is selling,it may become an option he will have no choice but to look into...The league has already stated the team wont be moved period....

A year ago there was no talk of asking the Owner to sell the team, and in one year from now there will something else that occupies this space, as a pressing concern.

The Senators were a big part of him securing the rights to re-develop Lebreton Flats, and I don't see how he sells the team now. I suspect he never entertained the thought of re-locating the team to anywhere else except Lebreton Flats, and when he ran his mouth in December, it was either a tactic to send a message to the NCC, without regards to how Senators fans would react, or his mouth speaks before he thinks things through................. sure he's apologized, but it still doesn't mend the fences he damaged.

Reactions: aragorn

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
A year ago there was no talk of asking the Owner to sell the team, and in one year from now there will something else that occupies this space, as a pressing concern.

The Senators were a big part of him securing the rights to re-develop Lebreton Flats, and I don't see how he sells the team now. I suspect he never entertained the thought of re-locating the team to anywhere else except Lebreton Flats, and when he ran his mouth in December, it was either a tactic to send a message to the NCC, without regards to how Senators fans would react, or his mouth speaks before he thinks things through................. sure he's apologized, but it still doesn't mend the fences he damaged.
This should be changed too....The fans were a big part of him getting the arena deal,without us there isnt one period.....But i digress..

He hasnt played this smart at all,first thing about running a budget anything...Is to make sure no one knows you have one...Otherwise they already have you

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I've posted this in some of the bottom 5 Canadian team thread. Mainly trying to grasp what each fanbase is looking toward in the upcoming draft if their team doesn't get the top OA selection.

Let's assume OTT receives the #5/6 pick and the following are gone.

Dahlin
Svech
Zadina
Boqvist

#5 OTT selects:

Dahlin
Svech
Zadina
Boqvist
Wahlstrom

#6 OTT selects:
Give pick to Colorado if out of the top 5 IMO. Too much risk of handling Jack Hughes to Sakic in 2019 after Karlsson is traded.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Melnyk's not re-developing Lebreton Flats. John Ruddy and Trinity Development Group are.

Melnyk is providing a hockey team, and getting an arena. He's not going to lift a finger, be responsible, or get credit on the rest of the project.

Well actually it is the RendezVous LeBreton Group that was awarded the rights to re-develop LeBroton Flats, are you saying Senators Owner Melnyk is not part of that group?

Senators-backed bid beats out rival for LeBreton redevelopment

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Well actually it is the RendezVous LeBreton Group that was awarded the rights to re-develop LeBroton Flats, are you saying Senators Owner Melnyk is not part of that group?

Senators-backed bid beats out rival for LeBreton redevelopment

If you aren't going to acknowledge that the people in the group whose professional careers involve urban engineering, design, construction and development are going to be responsible for the urban engineering, design, construction and development of the project, then there's no point in having the discussion with you, because you're either being intentionally obtuse about the issue because you enjoy gaslighting these boards, or are unintentionally ignorant about how a building gets constructed from concept-to-construction.

I don't care which one it is, because they're both enough of an excuse to dismiss your opinion on the matter entirely.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Melnyk's not re-developing Lebreton Flats. John Ruddy and Trinity Development Group are.

Melnyk is providing a hockey team, and getting an arena. He's not going to lift a finger, be responsible, or get credit on the rest of the project.
To be fair its fans like you and I and everybody else on this board that we are getting a new arena...Yet EM will still try and spin he is broke ,and will trade away our best player to save a buck

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If you aren't going to acknowledge that the people in the group whose professional careers involve urban engineering, design, construction and development are going to be responsible for the urban engineering, design, construction and development of the project, then there's no point in having the discussion with you, because you're either being intentionally obtuse about the issue because you enjoy gaslighting these boards, or are unintentionally ignorant about how a building gets constructed from concept-to-construction.

I don't care which one it is, because they're both enough of an excuse to dismiss your opinion on the matter entirely.

So Melnyk is just along for the ride, has no skin in the game, and will not profit from anything in this process.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So Melnyk is just along for the ride, has no skin in the game, and will not profit from anything in this process.

That's not what I said, and you know that, but honestly I'm not surprised you'd try and spin my post into something it wasn't. Typical TA. You generally only respond in one of 4 ways, and the pattern is fairly predictable at this point:

1) respond to a post by completely ignoring the actual content of the post and continue on with whatever your talking points were before you were so rudely interrupted, as though simply repeating your point validates it,
2) Try and spin that post into another thing entirely, and hope that they don't notice,
3) Demanding proof on other people's posts over stuff that is either entirely irrelevant, near impossible to find, or so difficult to find (like a quote from the radio from months ago) that the person you are debating with doesn't care to bother looking for it, and you use these demands and everyone's unwillingness to play along with your demands to claim the high ground in the debate, and push your talking points over theirs, or
4) you respond every time until you are proven wrong without a shadow of a doubt, after which you never acknowledge it ever again and disappear from that thread for a week so you don't have to discuss it anymore.

Quite frankly, I'm mildly surprised you didn't go for Option 3, and ask me for a link for me to prove that Trinity Dev Group are even in the construction & real estate business, or that John Ruddy actually exists.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Well, who saw this coming tonight.

jayanddan.0.gif

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
whats the point in watching if you know this team will never win the cup?
"Never" is a strong word. Stay on the boat until it either sinks or finds the New World. I'm fairly confident that this franchise will eventually make the necessary repairs in its leaky hull to stay afloat long enough to make landfall. It just might take a while. We've been close, no reason to think that in the next 10-20 years we won't have multiple shots at it.

Also, I got a little depressed when I wrote 10-20 years haha. But that's reality.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
That's not what I said, and you know that, but honestly I'm not surprised you'd try and spin my post into something it wasn't. Typical TA. You generally only respond in one of 4 ways, and the pattern is fairly predictable at this point:

1) respond to a post by completely ignoring the actual content of the post and continue on with whatever your talking points were before you were so rudely interrupted, as though simply repeating your point validates it,
2) Try and spin that post into another thing entirely, and hope that they don't notice,
3) Demanding proof on other people's posts over stuff that is either entirely irrelevant, near impossible to find, or so difficult to find (like a quote from the radio from months ago) that the person you are debating with doesn't care to bother looking for it, and you use these demands and everyone's unwillingness to play along with your demands to claim the high ground in the debate, and push your talking points over theirs, or
4) you respond every time until you are proven wrong without a shadow of a doubt, after which you never acknowledge it ever again and disappear from that thread for a week so you don't have to discuss it anymore.

Quite frankly, I'm mildly surprised you didn't go for Option 3, and ask me for a link for me to prove that Trinity Dev Group are even in the construction & real estate business, or that John Ruddy actually exists.
John Ruddy doesn't exist? Then how do I get presents every Christmas? :neener:

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
This team is the Charlestown Chiefs when it comes to tanking. No strategy ffs...meanwhile Habs Wings Nucks are in "amazing" freefall

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
so let’s just say that we keep winning and finish the season on a winning streak. possibly overlapping 4-5 more teams above us in the standings. if we land around the 8-10 lottery pick range, do we keep our 1st or just give it to COL ?

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
lol people need to look at the lottery winner since the new system was introduced. It's all luck. Even if we finish bottom 3, we'll be luck to stay there.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
so let’s just say that we keep winning and finish the season on a winning streak. possibly overlapping 4-5 more teams above us in the standings. if we land around the 8-10 lottery pick range, do we keep our 1st or just give it to COL ?

If the plan is to trade Karlsson, then imo any pick after 5th overall, and you give it to Colorado.

Reactions: branch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->