NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If we get Dahlin and keep EK I can see Dahlin having a monstrous year(relative to a rookie) under the insulation of the best D in the game.

With that being said, I truly want one of Svech or Dahlin.

Game breaking top line forward or franchise defender

But probabilities are against getting either one. Right now, in third last place, the Senators are guaranteed to get a top 6 pick with a good chance to pick 5th. Getting a higher pick in the 1st to 4th position is a dream.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Nah what they torpedoed was a playoff spot long ago. We should have expected something like this given some of the talent on the roster. Still a piss off though. We're the Kessel era Leafs.
Ya, most have said that there is too much talent on this team to truly be the worst, so it isn't unexpected. Just a little annoying as the prophecy fulfills itself.

Reactions: MarkStone

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Bench managememt...keep putting those lines in a blender so no chemistry develops...play Condon..every 2nd game. More Ceci.

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
I've posted this in some of the bottom 5 Canadian team thread. Mainly trying to grasp what each fanbase is looking toward in the upcoming draft if their team doesn't get the top OA selection.

Let's assume OTT receives the #5/6 pick and the following are gone.

Dahlin
Svech
Zadina
Boqvist

#5 OTT selects:

Dahlin
Svech
Zadina
Boqvist
Wahlstrom

#6 OTT selects:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I've posted this in some of the bottom 5 Canadian team thread. Mainly trying to grasp what each fanbase is looking toward in the upcoming draft if their team doesn't get the top OA selection.

Let's assume OTT receives the #5/6 pick and the following are gone.

Dahlin
Svech
Zadina
Boqvist

#5 OTT selects:

Dahlin
Svech
Zadina
Boqvist
Wahlstrom

#6 OTT selects:

I like your username.

I have nothing else to add. As you were.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
There is no way we can out tank a Boeserless nucks. Saw most of the Kings game and just wow that is an awful team. Haven't seen them look this bad since the Sedin era started. A few injuries has turned them into a horror show.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
There is no way we can out tank a Boeserless nucks. Saw most of the Kings game and just wow that is an awful team. Haven't seen them look this bad since the Sedin era started. A few injuries has turned them into a horror show.

Let’s just hope we don’t catch the Habs.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
They should make Marion Gaborik the Goalie and Anderson a forward. That would help the tank. Or they could even make Cody Ceci our number one centre and put Burrows as number one D man.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
They should make Marion Gaborik the Goalie and Anderson a forward. That would help the tank. Or they could even make Cody Ceci our number one centre and put Burrows as number one D man.

How about getting Justin Bieber to buy the Senators?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Melnyk keeps saying he's not selling, and until that changes, I'm going with that.
At what point does this franchise start becoming a poisoned chalice ,for him...The fans no longer trust him and it seems to be unwilling to buy into what he is selling.Him selling the team, may become an option he will have no choice but to look into...The league has already stated the team wont be moved period....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->