NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

CyBorgman

Oct 4, 2017
I'd like to see what Ottawa could do with 2-3 years of top 5 picks. I can't remember the last time they had one and look at the players they've drafted.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So if we get the first overall, do we draft Dahlin and trade Chabot for a potential first line C?

Maybe Chabot for Nylander?

I'd rather build around Chabot. All in all, it's easier to obtain decent forwards than it is to get quality defensemen. Look at teams like Minnesota and (especially) Nashville...they built up their blueline first, and were able to plug in some nice forwards using their extra defensive depth.

Last edited:

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
I'd like to see what Ottawa could do with 2-3 years of top 5 picks. I can't remember the last time they had one and look at the players they've drafted.

We'll likely get one this draft, but the following years draft goes to Colorado, so we'd best get back into the thick of things by then or we watch a High pick go for a guy who will probably not stay if we're still stuck at the bottom.

Duchene didn't come here to miss the playoffs.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Just saw the piece on Rasmus Dahlin on Sportsnet. I think we should tank this year, and re-tool. A D corps of Karlsson, Chabot, Dahlin would be really good.

Reactions: Cosmix

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
this tank is one everyone from the GM to the back up goalie - great job guys, keep this tank going.

Top NHL pick here we come, pretending Ryan is an NHL player and Duchene is better then Turris is the Ottawa religion. Let's keep it going

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Who is the official tank commander?

A campaign is doomed to failure without a worthy general.

Duchene.
"Guis I look good! Look at my speed entering the zone. Guys, guys, guys, I will produce soon! Just give me double powerplay time!"

All we need to do is lose a few more games to the Sabres....we got this.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
It's going to be Karlsson.

As soon as he starts playing like the real Karlsson the team like magic will start looking like a playoff team again.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Lets be honest, if we get a top 5 pick to add to this roster along with Chabot, White, and Brown next year we're gonna be a pretty damn good team. Just have to hope Dorion doesn't **** the roster up until then. Fingers crossed.
Dorion and the rest of the management must go ASAP to avoid further bad trades.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Craig Anderson will go blazing hot like he did when we first acquired him. Save percentage will be in the .917 to .923 range down the stretch.
That or Mark Stone goes nuts on a near PPG pace. He's got this.

Just to be safe, imo we should move Andy asap. Pull a Buffalo: get rid of ur #1 goalie & play the backup all the way to the bottom.

But since we want to retool quickly for next yr, we should dump aging vets for young prospects who can play soon...not long-term development prospects that wont play until after EK is gone.

Reactions: Cosmix

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
If we draft Dahlin, then we can afford to trade EK for 2young gun centres ++.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Nope. Not Anderson, not Karlsson not Stone is righting the ship here fellas.

Only thing that changes our outcome is if Boucher gets fired.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
The one thing that worries me about this draft is here are no obvious slam dunk # 1 C available at the top of tue draft where we sit. D which i like and a bunch of wingers. Wingers simply dont impact tje game as much as C do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->