Series Discussion: 2018 Stanley Cup Final: Washington Capitals vs Vegas Golden Knights

Who wins?

• Total voters

Jun 15, 2007
You don't need some kind of standing to comment on something. If what you say is worth saying (i.e., right), that's all there is to it. Being from one place or another doesn't make you more or less qualified. I may have overstated the case -- especially considering some of the stuff you see posted here ;) -- but I think it's an outrageous (and very common) view.
It's not about being qualified or not.

It's about whether you should or not.

You shouldn't intervene in a family squabble. At the end of the day family will forgive each other but you as an outsider won't be forgiven.

I'm a Canadian. If I was in the US as a guest, I would just keep my head down.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
It's not about being qualified or not.

It's about whether you should or not.

You shouldn't intervene in a family squabble. At the end of the day family will forgive each other but you as an outsider won't be forgiven.

I'm a Canadian. If I was in the US as a guest, I would just keep my head down.

I don't care if Canadians trash talk Trump. He's a moron. I sure as hell will call their president a moron if he ever acts like one and won't mind one bit if it bothers them. Your analogy is bad, international politics are not as personal as family matters.

Reactions: twabby

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Question, is the old Capital Centre still standing, because THAT would be one hell of a place to watch this game. I've been in Cali so long I can't remember if they tore it down or not?

Its gone. A Japanese Steak House stands where it once was. I ate lunch there last year during the Pens series in the hopes eating a flightless bird (chicken) would break the playoff curse with the Pens. It didn't work so stay away. :laugh:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Although I’ve never met anyone who posts on here in person, I think, we have been through some truly soul crushing seasons together since I joined in 2009. Just wanted to say it’s been a pleasure and I appreciate being welcomed.

In this day and age of online communities it’s not odd to say I have an online group, a family, I’ve shared a lot of good times and bad being a fan of the Caps. Just so happy we all could share in such a proud and happy moment together.

The Washington Capitals are Stanley Cup Champions! This is reality.

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
Been a fan since I moved to the DC area from Hawaii in 2001. So excited about this team and this post season.

So happy for the guys on this team that have been through all the heart break, and upsets and unfair officiating and bounces. Glad for Ovi and the boys to bring it home. Wish I still had my original Erskine you forgot to flush gif but I'll take 40 year olde chimera.

I said after game 4 if the caps win this series I'll get a DSP jersey, guess it's time to replace chimdog.

So happy. Let's go caps. No words

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Although I’ve never met anyone who posts on here in person, I think, we have been through some truly soul crushing seasons together since I joined in 2009. Just wanted to say it’s been a pleasure and I appreciate being welcomed.

In this day and age of online communities it’s not odd to say I have an online group, a family, I’ve shared a lot of good times and bad being a fan of the Caps. Just so happy we all could share in such a proud and happy moment together.

The Washington Capitals are Stanley Cup Champions! This is reality.
It’s been an emotional roller coaster we have all shared. Congratulations to you, me, and all who have waited so so long.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'll say it here, since it is our boards. Our boys were the best team in each series. They out played other teams. They have more skill than they get credit for, and while I respect some of the teams who they came up against, our talent and hardwork beat the other teams. Our superstars were superstars. Our depth guys were better than their depth guys. We got some bounces. But I had to bite my tongue through four rounds of other people crapping on this club. Sure, history said we shouldn't have. They did. I can't believe it. But they did.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Wow. People calling into Kevin and Chris literally in tears.

I have no problem saying that was me last night. I cried when the last seconds ticked off. I cried when Ovechkin went to get the puck. I cried when he and Backstrom got it. I cried with Oshie's stuff. I cried again this morning reading the stories of fans. I'll probably still do it again before this is done.

My childhood was filled with disappointment. I'm 34 (almost 35) and I've watched pretty much every Caps game from the time I was 4 or 5 till now. I've been to at least 200 games. I was at the draft when Ovechkin was picked. I met him. heck, I used the urinal next to him and his dad when he was picked. I wrote Ted a number of times and thanked him for the team, and how he brought my mom and I together. I was at every game in 09 when they should have won. I saw the Rangers beat them. I had a share of season tickets for a couple of years. I've gone through all the times the Penguins ended the season. The failure, the collapses.

I get it. I never thought this team would pull it off. I expect the worst. I can't believe it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->