Series Discussion: 2018 Stanley Cup Final: Washington Capitals vs Vegas Golden Knights

Who wins?

• Total voters

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Getting nervous as G5 approaches. The 3 day layoffs between games is brutal, thanks NHL. It only helps the trailing team that previously had no momentum.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Dibbs31

Apr 28, 2016
I'm torn on what to do tomorrow night. Living in the greater Richmond area there aren't many Caps fans that I know of. Love watching the game at home as loud as I want with good beer in the fridge but if they win how the hell do I celebrate by myself?? Might venture to the local Buffalo Wild Wings but not sure how that will turn out

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
giphy.gif

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Man....f*** it. No reason in being nervous anymore.

For basically a decade, we’ve begged and pleaded with them to just come up big in crucial games. They’ve done that in spades all postseason. At this point, we owe it to the boys to get behind them and not just think they’ll f*** it up. I mean we’re only worried because of what old teams (really only one that’s even remotely relevant to the current team) did. That was years ago. There is no curse. Logically and rationally, we owe it to be confident and ready to stand with them

(At least until they lose game 6. At that point, I’m out again because I’m weak lol)

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
I'm torn on what to do tomorrow night. Living in the greater Richmond area there aren't many Caps fans that I know of. Love watching the game at home as loud as I want with good beer in the fridge but if they win how the hell do I celebrate by myself?? Might venture to the local Buffalo Wild Wings but not sure how that will turn out

i guess u should be fine at home even if they win... they are going to come to dc with the cup and there will be probably a parade or something so u can attend that.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
Man....**** it. No reason in being nervous anymore.

For basically a decade, we’ve begged and pleaded with them to just come up big in crucial games. They’ve done that in spades all postseason. At this point, we owe it to the boys to get behind them and not just think they’ll **** it up. I mean we’re only worried because of what old teams (really only one that’s even remotely relevant to the current team) did. That was years ago. There is no curse. Logically and rationally, we owe it to be confident and ready to stand with them

(At least until they lose game 6. At that point, I’m out again because I’m weak lol)

i agree... they dont play nervous at all...i am sure even if they go behind early, this team can catch themselves and stay in the game.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

russianrocket24

Brutal long day here as well. Got up at 7 am, will stay awake till 2 am when the game starts (well, might be 3 am with all the Vegas pregame nonsense).
I am totally pumped for tonight, it's the same feeling as in 2013 before Bayern Munich won the CL after that devastating loss at home a year ago (season ticket holder for 26 years now).
Here's hoping for the same outcome tonight....Go for it, Boys!

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
getting ready to go to bed (works nights). sleeping will be difficult but wake up around 4 or 5pm and start drinking heavily and pray lol

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
1) You're a Canadian. Americans can talk **** about each other but at the end of the day they're countrymen. I would be pissed if an American opened their trap about Canadian politics too.
The worst take ever posted on this site?

Anyway, f*** the reporter for asking. It might've been wiser for DSP to brush off the question, but he can say whatever he wants. End the series tonight and there won't be much time for people to try to make it a distraction. (It occurred to me around game 4 how brutal the coverage of this issue is going to be if they do win though. It's going to be absolute hell.)

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Take a look at this in the comments for a Caps viewing party in Richmond. Where to watch Caps-Knights Game Five all across the planet

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
Elaborate?
You don't need some kind of standing to comment on something. If what you say is worth saying (i.e., right), that's all there is to it. Being from one place or another doesn't make you more or less qualified. I may have overstated the case -- especially considering some of the stuff you see posted here ;) -- but I think it's an outrageous (and very common) view.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Just noticed an odd bit of SCF memorabilia for sale: someone has posted a pair of Stanley Cup Final Home Game 4 tickets for sale on craigslist. They can be yours for the bargain price of $400. Sure to become a collectors' item!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad