Series Discussion: 2018 Stanley Cup Final: Washington Capitals vs Vegas Golden Knights

Who wins?

• Total voters

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Earlier this afternoon, after the COA "sell-out," I was wondering how difficult it would have been to work with Mason and UMD (or similar locations, depending on venue availability) to accommodate additional viewing parties at their arenas. Maybe we'll never know if the outreach was made, but that was an opportunity, possibly a lost opportunity at that, to grow the fanbase even further.
Mason is booked with multiple High School graduations every day for the next two weeks.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I just had to share a post I just read from a Pens fan saying they obviously are rooting for the Knights but if the Caps are going to win let them do it tomorrow so their "parasite" fans don't get to witness them raise the Cup in person.

I read, and reread a couple of times. On the norm I think Pens fans are pretty damn sports savvy but I wonder if this idiot fan realized the Pens have five Stanley Cups and every single one was won on the road. :laugh::laugh:

Don't normally care about this stuff but the irony was too much for me not to note.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
x12:

Washington Capitals Game 5 Viewing Party - $600 (Woodbridge)

00000_2vmZWcPUsxg_600x450.jpg

thursday 2018-06-07
number available: 2
venue: Washington Capitols Game 5
Up for sale is 2 Washington Capitals Game 5 viewing party tickets at Capital One Arena.

Will meet you at the stadium at 6pm to finalize sale.
This is an example of why they should have the "dislikes received" capability on HF along with the likes received .

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I just had to share a post I just read from a Pens fan saying they obviously are rooting for the Knights but if the Caps are going to win let them do it tomorrow so their "parasite" fans don't get to witness them raise the Cup in person.

I read, and reread a couple of times. On the norm I think Pens fans are pretty damn sports savvy but I wonder if this idiot fan realized the Pens have five Stanley Cups and every single one was won on the road. :laugh::laugh:

Don't normally care about this stuff but the irony was too much for me not to note.

Banner raising ceremony will definitely have to be the first game against the Penguins in D.C. next season and I don't care if that's not until next March.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
you have nhl.tv ? (and an apple tv?)
3-4-5 years ago it was better. They were cutting every breaks. Now they don't.

But I made some tests (on my apple tv), when you fast forward on the highest speed (3 little signs), 1 second real time = 1 minute of the video. So for a break between period, 18 seconds ; 2 seconds for a commercial break. + they'll certainly have 10 minutes of pregame show.
Last game in Washington, the commentators had a great position, because behind them we could see the scoreboard with the time left before the game. Hope it will be the same in Vegas.

I use the NHL TV app on an XBOX. Sounds like the same kind of thing you are describing. It always says how far into the stream you are and the total length of the stream.
The worst thing is a couple of times earlier in the playoffs the stream locked up and I got thrown out of the app middle of a game. Then when I select "Resume" instead of taking me to where I was it goes to the end of the game (as if to the live stream) and you see the final score and the team who won celebrating. If that happened in one of these games I would be devastated haha....

Reactions: ovikovy817

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This is where PST tome zone sucks. Game is 5-8pm. Prime little kid time. My 5yr old is pretty easy, but she needs to be out to bed. My 21mo old is a total handful, so my wife handles her. They are at an age where they both need a lot of attention. Add to it that my wife is 20weeks expecting, and, well.....it’s not fair for me to “check out” for too long as I’m working all day and she’s had the little ones for hours as it is.

Hear you there. I lived in California for five years after college. Loved the games starting early but I was a young, kidless guy who had no real responsibilities in life. Would certainly be a different story now.

blokeyhighlander

June = :cupnana:
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Wife is a fan but can't stay up late if we're watching at home - so we got a babysitter and are going to a bar here in NC. I've been messaging bars trying to figure out who will have the game + sound on. If we win, it will be pretty cool to celebrate with fellow Caps fans if I can find a few - but I'll definitely want to catch a replay of the game at home and savor every minute since I usually watch alone. If we lose, at least I won't cry in public.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Didn’t really like DSPs talk about the White House visit. Don’t care about the content of the response.. and don’t want to debate the politics of it... but why not just say we will worry about that if we win?

Honestly I think it’s refreshing for an NHLer to say something “controversial,” from the heart, and truthful rather than being a boring hockey robot and using the canned answer.

Besides, do we really believe that DSP isn’t focused on hockey at this point or that this in any way will hurt their chances of winning the series?

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Honestly I think it’s refreshing for an NHLer to say something “controversial,” from the heart, and truthful rather than being a boring hockey robot and using the canned answer.

Besides, do we really believe that DSP isn’t focused on hockey at this point or that this in any way will hurt their chances of winning the series?

You’re not wrong here. I do prefer honest and from the heart responses.. I guess im more so worried that the media blows this up and it becomes a distraction

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Earlier this afternoon, after the COA "sell-out," I was wondering how difficult it would have been to work with Mason and UMD (or similar locations, depending on venue availability) to accommodate additional viewing parties at their arenas. Maybe we'll never know if the outreach was made, but that was an opportunity, possibly a lost opportunity at that, to grow the fanbase even further.

Question, is the old Capital Centre still standing, because THAT would be one hell of a place to watch this game. I've been in Cali so long I can't remember if they tore it down or not?

Jun 15, 2007
I agree with DSP's position but I disagree with him saying it.

1) You're a Canadian. Americans can talk shit about each other but at the end of the day they're countrymen. I would be pissed if an American opened their trap about Canadian politics too.

2) Talking about a White House visit before you've even won. C'mon. Do you even know what team you're playing for? Chokington Chokitals.

3) As much as we think NHLers give boring interviews that's a sign of professionalism and discipline. Opening your mouth and causing a media ruckus isn't very smart.

Reactions: Corby78 and ocubed

Empty Goal Net

Tank Brigadier
Feb 13, 2010
Question, is the old Capital Centre still standing, because THAT would be one hell of a place to watch this game. I've been in Cali so long I can't remember if they tore it down or not?

It's gone. Imploded maybe 15 years ago. Some went to watch. Shopping center is there now.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
****it, lets all go to that shopping center to watch. Its hallowed ground!

Shit man, 80% of the stores closed and moved down the street

Only thing over there is a movie theatre and chick fil a and some apartments lol

I think they’re building a hospital soon there actually

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Didn’t really like DSPs talk about the White House visit. Don’t care about the content of the response.. and don’t want to debate the politics of it... but why not just say we will worry about that if we win?

I never heard his comment but I hope some of the media didn't ask the question to stir up crap. Plus, DSP is Canadian. Why should it even be a concern for him?
Focus on the task at hand! Grrr...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->