Series Discussion: 2018 Stanley Cup Final: Washington Capitals vs Vegas Golden Knights

Who wins?

• Total voters

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I plan to be watching from my living room with ample amounts of cold beverages at hand.
Fwiw, I recall seeing mention of $4 draft beers (range of brands unknown) for earlier viewing parties. That's not a bad price if it includes a bunch of the craft beers they normally serve. At least they weren't ripping you off at the same level as during a live-action game.

Rather sure if there was a beer discount, it was temporary. Also, given there was already a Mystical game scheduled, highly doubt there'll be any discounts.

I'm definitely not staying home. I see this as a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Pro's:

1) Being able to watch with a bunch of fans and some friends in the streets of DC never happens in this town
2) Cheap refreshments and partying in the streets
3) If they pull this off tomorrow, I get to overturn a police vehicle of my choosing
4) j/k about #3

Con's:

1) You might run into me

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Feel you man. I have 2 kids aged 3.5 and 1. Luckily the 1 year old is asleep by puck drop and my toddler is pretty catatonic by 8pm or so. Also, my wife is a saint and understands how important this is to me, so that helps.

This is where PST tome zone sucks. Game is 5-8pm. Prime little kid time. My 5yr old is pretty easy, but she needs to be out to bed. My 21mo old is a total handful, so my wife handles her. They are at an age where they both need a lot of attention. Add to it that my wife is 20weeks expecting, and, well.....it’s not fair for me to “check out” for too long as I’m working all day and she’s had the little ones for hours as it is.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
This is where PST tome zone sucks. Game is 5-8pm. Prime little kid time. My 5yr old is pretty easy, but she needs to be out to bed. My 21mo old is a total handful, so my wife handles her. They are at an age where they both need a lot of attention. Add to it that my wife is 20weeks expecting, and, well.....it’s not fair for me to “check out” for too long as I’m working all day and she’s had the little ones for hours as it is.
I am not telling you how to parent, but a night with a babysitter seems like a pretty solid investment.

Reactions: Drakon

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
My viewing party will be in my basement...alone...with Jameson....pillows covering my head the most of the night.

I wouldnt have it any other way.

Neither would Lloyd.

ShiningLloyd.jpg

Sep 19, 2008
Since downtown is out of the question and I'm the one usually encouraging everyone to go downtown (thanks Metro for not staying open late) I'll probably go to a local bar around here to watch with "the boys". Either that or just watch them at home.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I think the game tickets were an attempt a mediating potential crowd issues. You really don’t want a few thousand people turned away at the door when you’re already trying to alleviate riot conditions.

Empty Goal Net

Tank Brigadier
Feb 13, 2010

Earlier this afternoon, after the COA "sell-out," I was wondering how difficult it would have been to work with Mason and UMD (or similar locations, depending on venue availability) to accommodate additional viewing parties at their arenas. Maybe we'll never know if the outreach was made, but that was an opportunity, possibly a lost opportunity at that, to grow the fanbase even further.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
The downtown watch party is going to be absolutely insane as I knew it would be. Initially my wife wanted to go to a neighbors house for the game to hang with her friends and let the kids play with some of their friends. A few time these playoffs we/they have done it. That's cool for a regular season or even earlier round playoff game, but for this I don't really like it, I want to watch the game intensely and stress out and I can't do that and socialize. So either I miss little parts of the game or I'm antisocial. Now there's other neighbors organizing an even bigger gathering in their cul de sac. Just seems like a cluster. The extra people are great for celebration I guess but I don't want to feel like I have to make smalltalk with Jim from 2 streets over who couldn't name 3 Caps players when I want to just stare at the game. Jesus I've become a curmudgeon.

I want to watch this game like I've watched almost every game this season. At home on my big tv by myself, with my 7 year old son running around in his Ovechkin jersey and spiderman bike helmet and wiffle ball bat trying to imitate all the players.

Empty Goal Net

Tank Brigadier
Feb 13, 2010
Reactions: brachyrynchos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->