Prospect Info: 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS Development Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I know Trotz was trying to woo Korn up to NYI with him but you have to think for a guy like Korn what he gets out his job is working with elite young players. NYI has no one in the pipe, we still have Holtby, we have Samsonov, we now have Gibson coming. To a guru it would seem like the canvas is a lot bigger in Washington.

The Islanders have Ilya Sorokin and Linus Soderstrom in their system who are both elite-level goaltending prospects. Sorokin and Samsonov are considered the two best Russian goaltending prospects since Vasi and there's always debate as to whether Sorokin or Samsonov is more highly rated. Korn may also want the challenge of trying to create a starting goalie for the Islanders out of a pile of dog poo while the Caps already have The Beast in their starter's cage. Who knows?

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Pinho looked as advertised to me. Solid in both ends of the ice, ideally he fits the mold better of a 3rd/4th line center, but he will have to bide his time. I like him in the 4th line spot long-term more than Boyd of course, but Boyd has the leg up.

Reactions: TheFountainhead

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Back from the Kettle. I got there at 9:30 and it only took 10 minutes to get a spot. Before pulling into the garage, I could see fans lined up along the 4th level wall. The line to get a picture with the cup was huge and slow moving. Luckily it was easy to just stand off the side and get a decent view of the glorious cup. A Ranger fan got a picture and was promptly booed.

Scrimmage was about as expected. The bigger name guys stood out a bit more than the others. Pinho Hobbs and Shane. The Mason Mitchell guy was the most physical guy, which always catches my eye. @hb11xchamps did he hit much in Hershey?

I predict we will be grooming Alex to be a RD.

The tyke ended up recruiting a few others and played foot hockey in the front row with the puck I brought.

Nothing like accelerating to get on Rt 66 and stoopid Virginia has a traffic light on the on ramp. Light was red with no traffic on 66. Yeah f*** VDOT there was not a snowballs chance in hell I would ever stop.

islandersdynasty

May 26, 2018
Fairfax, VA
A Ranger fan got a picture and was promptly booed.

I saw that. The guy wore a red shirt while he was in line and when he gets to the front all of a sudden he puts on his rangers jersey haha. I actually don't mind other fans getting their pictures with the Cup - it's priceless to all NHL fans. I wonder what would have happened if a penguins fan showed up though.

Last edited:
Reactions: RandyHolt

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I saw that. The guy wore a red shirt while he was in line and then all of a sudden he gets to the head of the line he puts on his rangers jersey haha. I actually don't mind other fans getting their pictures with the Cup - it's priceless to all NHL fans. I wonder what would have happened if a penguins fan showed up though.
Boo! Bad form. Here’s hoping he jinxed his team for the next decade.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Arrived at 7:30 AM and immediately made our way to the bike rack maze making it to the last lane of the maze as there were already a few hundred ahead of us waiting for the photo with the cup. Photos with the cup began about 9:35 AM and by 10:45 AM we had our photo taken. The crowd loved seeing the young families placing their infants inside the cup for the photos. Those will make great Christmas card photos. Made it inside to see only the last two minutes of the caps scrimmage, but Clark and Gersich both have wheels. Picked up a couple items at the equipment sale and left a little after noon and the line for the Cup photo was already down two parking levels below the Kettler parking lot.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Scrimmage was about as expected. The bigger name guys stood out a bit more than the others. Pinho Hobbs and Shane. The Mason Mitchell guy was the most physical guy, which always catches my eye. @hb11xchamps did he hit much in Hershey?
Oh yeah he can play a very physical game and isn’t afraid to throw em either. I liked his energy when he actually got into games. Mann always had him on a very short leash.

I’m on mobile or else I’d look up one of his huge hits and fight against the Devils farm team I believe. He laid a guy out with a huge hit

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Anyone get a good look at Fehervary. Few non 1st round picks get signed in their first dev camp. Last pick I remember getting signed in their first camp was Forsberg.

I always assumed the prospect might have some financial issues when this happens. Or the faith the team has on a fast track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->