Prospect Info: 2018 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS Development Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Siege? Interesting. Maybe Orpik wants to be a coach in the end. He could realize it like tomorrow. We need some roster slots for kids.

And I guess drafting AA means both Siege/LuJo should start to get 110% out of themselves.

I have no desire to bring Orpik back at anything other than coach.

Caps have some really good prospects on D that will be ready soon if you go by the "200 minor league games" theory. Johansen is going to be good (he will also being wearing a letter one day), I too saw a huge difference in Seigenthaler at camp, Hobbs should get a shot before we trade him, Alexeyov is two years away. I don't know about Bowey, but I don't think you give up on him after 50 games, and while Djoos was helpful during the run, of everyone listed I think he may be the weakest.

They won the Cup let's use one or both of those bottom slots to see what we have, not immediately but by the middle of the season or the start of 2019 two of the above guys need to be full timers.

Reactions: Maldini

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I have no desire to bring Orpik back at anything other than coach.

Caps have some really good prospects on D that will be ready soon if you go by the "200 minor league games" theory. Johansen is going to be good (he will also being wearing a letter one day), I too saw a huge difference in Seigenthaler at camp, Hobbs should get a shot before we trade him, Alexeyov is two years away. I don't know about Bowey, but I don't think you give up on him after 50 games, and while Djoos was helpful during the run, of everyone listed I think he may be the weakest.

They won the Cup let's use one or both of those bottom slots to see what we have, not immediately but by the middle of the season or the start of 2019 two of the above guys need to be full timers.

I have mixed emotions about Orpik. His value to the team both on the ice during the playoffs and in the locker room was evident from the comments made by the likes of Wilson. That being said I don't want to see the presence of Orpik as a player stifling the growth and development of the young players by consuming too much playing time.

Reactions: Sam Spade

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Have you ordered your Stanley Cup rings yet? Detroit ordered their wedding rings yesterday. Pens are like Saturnus, lot's of rings.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Have you ordered your Stanley Cup rings yet? Detroit ordered their wedding rings yesterday. Pens are like Saturnus, lot's of rings.
EnD5OTj.gif

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I would take Orpik on as an assistant coach today. He has a wealth of knowledge that's not only great for hockey but also longevity. It's really understated how much a of a physical beast this guy is. He used to work out after games, everything he eats is organic and specially chosen to fit what he's trying to do. One of our problems right now is while our defensive pipeline is stocked it is undersized, to have a guy like him around Johansen and Djoos could pay off.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I know Trotz was trying to woo Korn up to NYI with him but you have to think for a guy like Korn what he gets out his job is working with elite young players. NYI has no one in the pipe, we still have Holtby, we have Samsonov, we now have Gibson coming. To a guru it would seem like the canvas is a lot bigger in Washington.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I know Trotz was trying to woo Korn up to NYI with him but you have to think for a guy like Korn what he gets out his job is working with elite young players. NYI has no one in the pipe, we still have Holtby, we have Samsonov, we now have Gibson coming. To a guru it would seem like the canvas is a lot bigger in Washington.
Also Korn tweeted out some real enthusiasm post-Cup win. The Caps let him live mostly-retired in FLA and then come to DC as needed. Could the Isles afford (I don’t mean in $$ terms) to have him just part-time? Do they have someone that Korn approves of handling the day to day?

Reactions: RandyHolt

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

If korn is at the caps development camp, i dont see him leaving but who knows

Reactions: calicapsfan

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

Also Korn tweeted out some real enthusiasm post-Cup win. The Caps let him live mostly-retired in FLA and then come to DC as needed. Could the Isles afford (I don’t mean in $$ terms) to have him just part-time? Do they have someone that Korn approves of handling the day to day?

If korn is at the caps development camp, i dont see him leaving but who knows

Depending on what type of contract the Capitals have him signed to, it's possible he could do consulting work for both the Capitals and Islanders this season.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
They all look great in the drills to me.

I can't be the only hf fanatic headed to try to nab the cup at Kettler tomorrow. I should bring a can of beer along in case the opportunity presents itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->