2018 Sleeper Thread

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Thanks to all you guys in the 2017 Sleeper Thread giving me the heads up on Kareem Hunt I won both of my leagues last year.

So lets hear some sleepers for this year. I'll start with Tevin Coleman. Everyone knows his value on the field so he's not exactly a secret. I'm mentioning him simply because of Freeman's health. If Freeman goes down, Coleman probably becomes a top 5 RB.

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
that has been true the past few years, although top 5 rb may be a bit high?? is there something different this year? is that based on the concussions?

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I posted in the wrong thread...

For RB I like Ronald Jones and Spencer Ware.
Seattle is talking up Carson a lot. I think it's just coach-speak but they are persistent with it.
Spencer Ware might be the best handcuff. He was talked about as a good RB to draft before he got hurt. If Hunt gets hurt, Ware is a legit RB1.

WR has a lot of sleepers for me this year. Geronimo Allison has a great chance to be the WR2 in GB.
Mike Williams with the Chargers too. People have forgotten about him.

TE, I'm thinking Vance McDonald in PITT is the best deep sleeper who's kind of going undrafted so far.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Lockett, Sutton, Aaron Jones, Cole..... lots of WR depth to be found in the late rounds. I'm aiming to snag two top RBs then load up on WR with upside.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Tyrell Williams is consistently going undrafted in the mock drafts I've done. He's also going after Mike Williams which seems crazy considering the latter had like 4 catches last season.

If you can snag Tyrell in the later rounds of your draft I think it's a good gamble. Especially if Keenan misses any significant time.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux and m9

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
My key sleeper this year is RB Rashad Penny from Seattle. He's hurt now but by week 5 I'm betting he is their go to back.

Chris Carson is taking Penny to school in the preseason. He's getting rave reviews from Pete Carroll.

I'm not sure if this is coach-speak or not, but Carson has been the hyped guy all preseason with the coaches.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Chris Carson is taking Penny to school in the preseason. He's getting rave reviews from Pete Carroll.

I'm not sure if this is coach-speak or not, but Carson has been the hyped guy all preseason with the coaches.
Yeah I see that now. May have to reconsider.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Yeah I see that now. May have to reconsider.
I also just heard today that Prosise is looking like the 3rd down back. Not sure I believe that, but it does muddy the waters even more.

I'm probably just avoiding the Seahawks backfield this year.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Tyrell Williams is consistently going undrafted in the mock drafts I've done. He's also going after Mike Williams which seems crazy considering the latter had like 4 catches last season.

If you can snag Tyrell in the later rounds of your draft I think it's a good gamble. Especially if Keenan misses any significant time.

He's a stud and should have gotten at least 100 targets last season if it wasnt for stupid coaching.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Austin Ekeler is an intriguing option. He'll likely get some change of pace play time and TD's backing up Gordon. And if Gordon misses games (which happened his first two seasons) Ekeler has a good shot to put up top 10 RB numbers.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Kenny Golladay started opposite Marvin Jones with Golden Tate in the slot. He's a good second year breakout guy that is going in the double digit rounds.

I dont see him getting the targets to be anything more than a WR3 at best. I like him a lot more in best ball. Last I checked he was going over Lockett, Gallup, and Miller in mocks who I prefer more.

Anthony Miller is my favorite sleeper this season. I think he has a decent chance of outscoring ARob. He has similar traits to AB and Steve Smith and I think Tribusky is going to love throwing to him in the slot.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Not sure if he’s a sleeper or not now, but RB Chris Warren with Oakland is worth a mid to late round pick. Not the ideal style for a full time RB but I’m skeptical Marshawn Lynch is going to be the bell cow for the Raiders and could see Warren easily becoming the main RB.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Not sure if he’s a sleeper or not now, but RB Chris Warren with Oakland is worth a mid to late round pick. Not the ideal style for a full time RB but I’m skeptical Marshawn Lynch is going to be the bell cow for the Raiders and could see Warren easily becoming the main RB.

I like him too. My only problem is I think it'll take the Raiders awhile to actually give him a decent amount of touches. Still behind Lynch & Martin on the depth chart and Gruden loves his vets.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Warren is a good dynasty sleeper, but it's hard to see him getting a ton of playing time this year.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I like him too. My only problem is I think it'll take the Raiders awhile to actually give him a decent amount of touches. Still behind Lynch & Martin on the depth chart and Gruden loves his vets.

Agreed for the most part. There is a bit of a unique situation here where Gruden doesn’t have any ties to those vets. Add in that Martin was awful for the past two seasons in Tampa, averaging under 3 yards per carry.

I expect Martin is the one most likely to fall out of favor soon. Lynch is harder to guess at, but he’s old with a lot of mileage.

At this time I look at Warren as an intriguing prospect to pick up late in a draft. Then see how things play out the first few weeks for Oakland to decide whether to hold onto him. Not the best odds, but how many late picks can you take at RB who have a chance to be the #1 guy if things go right?

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I like Tre'Quan Smith a lot, though he's behind a fairly stacked receiver core in Thomas, Ginn and Meredith. But it's not out of the question that he could force his way into the Ginn role this year which returned WR2 value last year.

Lockett is a bandaid but should be pretty clearly the #2 receiver in Seattle with Richardson and Graham gone. Plus Baldwin's knee isn't 100%.

And I don't know how much of a "sleeper" he is, but Bilal Powell commonly goes undrafted in the 10 team mocks I've been doing, and he very well could be the top running back in an improved Jets offense. Still likely not more than a Flex play, though.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Kind of surprised that I haven't seen Ty Montgomery throughout this thread, he's a great late-round pick, especially in PPR leagues..

He's a huge target in GB's offense and is used in a wide variety of ways. He can run the ball, he can catch the ball, he milks every last yard out of every run. He lines up in the back-field as the lone back, in a two-back set. He lines up in the slot, he can line up out wide. He's perfect on screen passes and short shovel/dump passes. And on top of that he's one of Rodgers' favorite targets.

At the current moment Aaron Jones is serving a suspension so it looks like Jamaal Williams and Ty Montgomery will share the back-field at the beginning of the year. But the up-side is that Montgomery can be used even when there's another running back on the field at the time. With Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, and Jimmy Graham as targets for Rodgers it's going to leave a lot of room for Ty Montgomery to do some damage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad