NCAA GDT: 2018 Season Week 0... and it begins

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm calling it Week 0 since there are only four games. But hey, it's college football!

(All times are Eastern)

Duquesne at UMass (5:30pm, Eleven Sports)
Prairie View A&M at Rice (7:00pm, ESPN Plus)
Hawaii at Colorado State (7:30pm, CBS Sports Network)
Wyoming at New Mexico State (10pm, ESPN2)

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Colorado State had a really good showing in their season opener last year, hope to see it again.

The other games don't really interest me.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
PSU football next Saturday.

Remember the name “Miles Sanders”, all you Michigan, Michigan St, Ohio St, sPitt, etc. fans. He’s going to be a problem.

Lee Corso AND Herbie are both projecting Trace McSorley for Heisman.

Sorry to the haters... we may have lost Barkley, Gesicki and some other notable contributors, but... we’re not going away. We are.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
This is brilliant (paywall)

‘The whole thing is absolutely nuts’: An oral history of...

"To be completely honest with you, at that point I was like 14th on the depth chart, right? So before the Alabama game, me, (walk-on quarterback) Charlie Fiessinger and some of the other walk-ons were doing biceps in our hotel weight room just trying to look good for national television. It would’ve taken an asteroid to knock out the three guys ahead of me, for me to even sniff the field."

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

The QB competitions are all but over now. See how those who lost out decide what to do. Remain with the program or start the transfer process now so they get a chance to play in 2019 at another school.

USC, fink is a RS So while Sears is a RS FR. If you lose out to a true freshman, he’ll be the guy for the remainder of Finks eligibility and maybe if he leaves early Sears has his RS SR left to play at USC.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Why are they putting 4 games in one week and none of these games are games people would want to see badly? Hawaii and Colorado State was good and about the only one but wouldn't you want a maarquee game?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Tough situation for both sides. Kid loses the qb battle, so he’s not going to play. If he stays for the year then opts to transfer he has to sit out 2019. So he’ll go 3 years without taking a snap? Always a chance Martinez may struggle or get hurt, but can’t bank on it.

As for NE, have to go with the guy you think is best for the program. Sucks that you don’t have much depth behind him, but that’s what happens when your 2 best QBs are so close in age. Both want to play. If you have a JR and FR you have separation so that the youngster feels he’ll get.a chance later. Not so when the other guy has the same remaining amount of eligibility as you do.

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Frost has his work cut out for him
Especially with those expectations from Husker fans.

I hope he succeeds though. One of the former blue blood programs I don't really mind too much, and them being good again would make their division and even the Big Ten as a whole a lot more interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad