Patriots/NFL 2018 Season V - 9-5 - Next up Buffalo 12/23 1 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I needed a win to make my fantasy playoffs.

Was up by about 20 going into Sunday night. I had the Rams D, but my opponent had Goff and Burton. I was at a 1% chance of winning.

By a miracle, I went into Monday night a 60% favorite, up by 16.75. My opponent still had Cook.

I lost on the last freaking play. 101.15-101.10. 1 yard.

Junk TD screwed me. My opponent made the playoffs with the win, and I'm out.

Brutal, brutal end to the season.
I lost the championship game a few years ago on the final play of MNF...to my roommate at the time. THAT was a kick in the balls.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Horrible officiating in the MNF game last night (shocking I know).

Roughly 4-5 minutes left, Vikes down 6-0, and they are short on 3rd down. They line up to attempt the FG to cut the lead to 3. Bobby Wagner jumps over the line using his hands and his teammates backs to vault over the line (I could see this from home on TV), and blocks the kick.

Flag thrown by one official, they huddle, and the flag is picked up. They show the replay and Wagner clearly uses his teammates to jump over. Instead of a first down and Minny driving for the go ahead TD, the Seahawks drive it down the field, score, and put the game away. This botched call will likely decide playoff berths.

I’m not sure if it’s the speed of the game or the increased TV coverage or just incompetence, but the officiating in the NFL this year has been horrible.

Oh well Vike’s fans, maybe you will get an apology from the head of officials? Hope that makes you feel better.
Procedural penalties need to be able to be reviewable. Not stuff like PI or holding. But things like last night need to be flagged 100% of the time.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
The natives are getting restless in Minnesota.......just saw this stat posted on another board:

With the Vikings' loss to Seattle, Kirk Cousins’ career record vs. teams above .500 falls to 4-24
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

$84 mil doesn't go as far as it used to.....

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Was watching the news at work and there was a segment where people call in and complain about stuff.

Some dude complained about NFL celebrations. How they're too choreographed and whatever. I noticed this last year they're more in depth and choreographed. Kinda dumb too.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Was watching the news at work and there was a segment where people call in and complain about stuff.

Some dude complained about NFL celebrations. How they're too choreographed and whatever. I noticed this last year they're more in depth and choreographed. Kinda dumb too.
So what. They can’t enjoy themselves?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Filed under: who cares

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Tyreek Hill just took a 16 point play off his face. Then Damien Williams vultures another TD from me. I got Mahomes AND Hill and they're just not getting it done for me right now!

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Technically that's PI but not sure receiver would have landed inbounds.

Lol at Rivers complaining for a penalty on previous play as the clock is running out.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I would feel much better about the Pats playing at Chargers rather than going to Arrowhead. Chargers have no home field advantage in LA.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That Dolphins shitshow is looming large. We need to win our games and get one loss in the final two weeks from each of KC and LA. KC going to Seattle on Sunday Night is a loseable game. Chargers go to Denver week 17, could be a tough matchup.

I'd honestly be fine with just being the #2 seed to the Chargers, since it means we don't have to go to Arrowhead no matter what.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
That Dolphins ****show is looming large. We need to win our games and get one loss in the final two weeks from each of KC and LA. KC going to Seattle on Sunday Night is a loseable game. Chargers go to Denver week 17, could be a tough matchup.

I'd honestly be fine with just being the #2 seed to the Chargers, since it means we don't have to go to Arrowhead no matter what.
my boys are gonna do the unlikely and stomp the chiefs week 17

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
That Dolphins ****show is looming large. We need to win our games and get one loss in the final two weeks from each of KC and LA. KC going to Seattle on Sunday Night is a loseable game. Chargers go to Denver week 17, could be a tough matchup.

Yep, plus it pushes the Chiefs into the WC round with no home games.

Primed to lose. They have looked remotely the same offensively without Hunt.

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yep, plus it pushes the Chiefs into the WC round with no home games.

Primed to lose. They have looked remotely the same offensively without Hunt.
They're not the same but they're still legit good. That's why it's beneficial to get them in the WC round. If Andy Reid coaches his team to three road wins in the AFC going through Pittsburgh and Foxboro in the process, then I'll be shocked.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Damn so people mad I posted something to maybe discuss on.......................a message board

some if yall need to get over yourselves.

Who got mad? They just disagreed.

I think most of them are stupid and/or obnoxious too, but it’s not exactly ruining my experience. Keep the other team from scoring touchdowns and they won’t twerk in your face.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I have Louie Debrusk in my hockey pool. Does anyone know when he is coming back?

I heard that he’s been working out and that when he’s ready, the B’s are going to sign him to play on a line with his son Jake because the B’s lack toughness...

What a shrewd move by you to draft Louie, I never would have thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->