Patriots/NFL 2018 Season V - 9-5 - Next up Buffalo 12/23 1 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Big Ben not back out of the tunnel to start the second half. Josh Dobbs in at QB. Ben took a nasty sack earlier in the game but finished the first half.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I'm mad. Why is Gostkowski still on this team? He went from being one of the best to a hit or miss kicker the last few years. They lost by 1 point. IF he made that extra point earlier would have been an OT game

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
BLOCKED

RAIDAZZZZ

Oof, talk about a team who blames their kicker, Boswell cost the Steelers today. Slipped on the turf there causing the low kick.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Dak Prescott takes two consecutive sacks when trying to get the Cowboys into FG range to send Eagles to 6-7. Eagles will probably win this in OT and will most likely be making the playoffs, even though they're arguably lucky not to be 4-9 or so right now. :laugh:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Scratch that. Dak and co. come through in OT, and Cowboys fans become yet more obnoxious. :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This would have all but locked up second second seed and put the one seed likely

I still can’t believe Belichick pulled McCortey and put Gronk in there

The Garden

Oct 6, 2018
The one good thing about that play is hopefully it will convince Miami to go back to their throwbacks full time.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I suppose the Chiefs *could* still lose to both the Chargers and at Seattle but now it's really making sure you don't lose the 2 seed. No chance this team can win two road playoff games. Maybe they can win one but even that doesn't look promising considering how they play away from home. The Steelers have no shot at a bye because the Pats aren't losing at home to the Bills or Jets. So it will come down to the Texans. They still have to go to Philly. Hopefully the Eagles can win that one.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Did Scott Zolak mutter 'Oh Jesus' as the play developed? That is what my ears are hearing.

Absolutely.

I hopped in the car after the game and heard the replay of it and was cracking up at this.

The guy is so wild, but it’s hard to care too too much because it’s NFL football on the radio and almost everyone is watching rather than listening.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Horrible officiating in the MNF game last night (shocking I know).

Roughly 4-5 minutes left, Vikes down 6-0, and they are short on 3rd down. They line up to attempt the FG to cut the lead to 3. Bobby Wagner jumps over the line using his hands and his teammates backs to vault over the line (I could see this from home on TV), and blocks the kick.

Flag thrown by one official, they huddle, and the flag is picked up. They show the replay and Wagner clearly uses his teammates to jump over. Instead of a first down and Minny driving for the go ahead TD, the Seahawks drive it down the field, score, and put the game away. This botched call will likely decide playoff berths.

I’m not sure if it’s the speed of the game or the increased TV coverage or just incompetence, but the officiating in the NFL this year has been horrible.

Oh well Vike’s fans, maybe you will get an apology from the head of officials? Hope that makes you feel better.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Horrible officiating in the MNF game last night (shocking I know).

Roughly 4-5 minutes left, Vikes down 6-0, and they are short on 3rd down. They line up to attempt the FG to cut the lead to 3. Bobby Wagner jumps over the line using his hands and his teammates backs to vault over the line (I could see this from home on TV), and blocks the kick.

Flag thrown by one official, they huddle, and the flag is picked up. They show the replay and Wagner clearly uses his teammates to jump over. Instead of a first down and Minny driving for the go ahead TD, the Seahawks drive it down the field, score, and put the game away. This botched call will likely decide playoff berths.

I’m not sure if it’s the speed of the game or the increased TV coverage or just incompetence, but the officiating in the NFL this year has been horrible.

Oh well Vike’s fans, maybe you will get an apology from the head of officials? Hope that makes you feel better.

An apology and a refund from Kirk Cousins would work :)

Wagner used BOTH hands to push off to jump over pile. Crazy.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I needed a win to make my fantasy playoffs.

Was up by about 20 going into Sunday night. I had the Rams D, but my opponent had Goff and Burton. I was at a 1% chance of winning.

By a miracle, I went into Monday night a 60% favorite, up by 16.75. My opponent still had Cook.

I lost on the last freaking play. 101.15-101.10. 1 yard.

Junk TD screwed me. My opponent made the playoffs with the win, and I'm out.

Brutal, brutal end to the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad