Patriots/NFL 2018 Season IV - 9-3 - Next up @ Miami 12/9 1:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I love the delay between Boger talking and the stadium audio playing it. He looks like a dubbed Japanese movie

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
DquZIBQU0AAh3NO.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So glad the Pats picked it up in the second half.

I also can’t believe I’m awake right now

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Imagine being a Bills fan and thinking your team had a chance of winning.

I wish the Pats/Bills rivalry was stronger. WNY is a hardscrabble place and the last 40 years have not been kind to the city since their largest employer, a steel mill, went belly up 40 years ago. Being a Bills fan is hard, losing 4 Super Bowls in a row was brutal and one of the franchise's greatest players is a non-person today.

The area is slowly bouncing back but it has been tough. The Pats/Bills rivalry has been one sided for over 40 years as when the Bills were good the Pats stunk and in the Brady era it has been hammer vs nail.

In 1970 the city was the 24th largest market in the US, today it is 53rd.

In 1901, Buffalo was given a franchise in the new American League but it was revoked at the last minute to instead place a team in Boston.

Boston Red Sox - Wikipedia

In 1901, the minor Western League, led by Ban Johnson, declared its equality with the National League, then the only major league in baseball. Johnson changed the name of the league to the American League, leading teams in his league to be christened with the unofficial nickname "Americans". This was especially true in the case of the new Boston franchise, which did not adopt an official nickname until 1908.

The upstart league placed franchises in Baltimore, Maryland and Buffalo. After looking at his new league, Ban Johnson decided that he needed a team in Boston to compete with the National League team there, and so cancelled the Buffalo club's franchise, offering one to a new club in Boston

upload_2018-10-30_3-12-53.png

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
It’s in the second half of the video after the Thomas stuff. You obviously only watched the beginning :D
Watched the whole thing. Tate is talked about in the second half of it and I still don't hear the Patriots being mentioned.
I am not disputing the rumor. Just would like links when someone comes in here and throws it out there like they are an insider. Last I checked that is breaking thems rules around here.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Watched the whole thing. Tate is talked about in the second half of it and I still don't hear the Patriots being mentioned.
I am not disputing the rumor. Just would like links when someone comes in here and throws it out there like they are an insider. Last I checked that is breaking thems rules around here.

This is a rehashing of the rumor from before the season started. And it's all because of Patricia being in DET now. So dumb.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This is a rehashing of the rumor from before the season started. And it's all because of Patricia being in DET now. So dumb.

Ian Rappaport is not always right, but I wouldn’t say the rumor is “dumb”. Tate is a good WR. He’s also 33 and in the last year of his deal. He could be traded to a contender as a pure rental and return to DET if he wanted next year.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I don’t know if it’s legit or not, but the Thomas or Tate stuff is all over the internet. A simple Google search would show that.

The poster should have just linked one of those many stories. Personally, I think the Pats could use an impact LB more than a WR.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Tate to the Pats has been a thing for almost two years now, but it really ramped up over the offseason. Zolak, who does have plenty of credible sources, was pretty convinced about it prior to the year that he actually floated the rumor out there and stood by it. Now obviously it didn't happen.

It makes sense for both teams give the status of the Lions right now.

Ideally they get another WR and LB depth

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Ian Rappaport is not always right, but I wouldn’t say the rumor is “dumb”. Tate is a good WR. He’s also 33 and in the last year of his deal. He could be traded to a contender as a pure rental and return to DET if he wanted next year.

I get why he's an attractive option for teams, but what I'm saying is that this rumor has been swirling since the off season. I didn't buy it then, and I'm not sure I buy it now. It's just click bait. Same thing with the Jamie Collins rumors. Bill dumped him last time because he didn't want to listen and play the role the team needed and expected. Now that he cashed in, is he really going to be different this time? I just don't see it.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad