Patriots/NFL 2018 Season IV - 9-3 - Next up @ Miami 12/9 1:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Turnovers and Red Zone defense is all that matters on the defensive end now.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
When was the last game with a combined score over 100? I remember the Saints doing it with someone about 5 years back or so.

Big result for the Pats. We only need to make up one game on the Chiefs now since we have the tiebreaker.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
When was the last game with a combined score over 100? I remember the Saints doing it with someone about 5 years back or so.

Big result for the Pats. We only need to make up one game on the Chiefs now since we have the tiebreaker.

Ravens, Chargers, and Seahawks definitely have a chance to win a game or two against them. Raiders... eh.

Reactions: Lobster57

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
God I made such a mistake takingt Mahomes in fantasy. I had him and Cousins and didn't expect Mahomes to be near this good or Cousins to be near this bad.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Gotta say what a funny game. Mainly because I started my shift it was like 16-7 came back 2 hours later for break and it was 54-51. Thought it was basketball game at half time.

Rams and Chiefs defenses. Blech. Pats already topped KC once I think they can top LA too. But it would be one of those nail biter games where the Pats win with either a late Brady drive which leads to some FG or an amazing touchdown or a an interception or fumble recovered by the Pats which leads to them bleeding the clock and winning by 3.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
+Is anyone else kind of emotionally writing off hopes for another deep run by the pats this season? I don't really see them having the defense to do it, though Bill has made do with scraps before. I'm just saying my hopes are not high at the moment.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
+Is anyone else kind of emotionally writing off hopes for another deep run by the pats this season? I don't really see them having the defense to do it, though Bill has made do with scraps before. I'm just saying my hopes are not high at the moment.
To be fair, who out of the consensus top teams has a consistent defense?
KC's defense is horrendous.
Saints? Nope.
LA Rams? Overrated. Donald is a monster, but they've been exposed a ton recently. Though getting Talib back soon might change that.
Steelers? Eh.

The thing that all those defenses can do well is force turnovers when it matters. The Patriots have the personnel to do that as well, and they've excelled at it in previous years. They absolutely can get back to that.

There just isn't anyone who stands out as having that Broncos defense that carried them to a SB title, or the Seahawks of years past.

I still think they can get hot and make a run. I'd still expect AFCCG at a minimum. Chiefs probably lose one more somewhere down the line, and the Pats hold the tiebreaker. Steelers aren't running the table, and they play each other. Do the Steelers finally nut up and beat Brady? If they Pats are healthy going into that game, I just don't see it. No idea how Houston is on a 7 game winning streak, they aren't anything great.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
To be fair, who out of the consensus top teams has a consistent defense?
KC's defense is horrendous.
Saints? Nope.
LA Rams? Overrated. Donald is a monster, but they've been exposed a ton recently. Though getting Talib back soon might change that.
Steelers? Eh.

The thing that all those defenses can do well is force turnovers when it matters. The Patriots have the personnel to do that as well, and they've excelled at it in previous years. They absolutely can get back to that.

There just isn't anyone who stands out as having that Broncos defense that carried them to a SB title, or the Seahawks of years past.

I still think they can get hot and make a run. I'd still expect AFCCG at a minimum. Chiefs probably lose one more somewhere down the line, and the Pats hold the tiebreaker. Steelers aren't running the table, and they play each other. Do the Steelers finally nut up and beat Brady? If they Pats are healthy going into that game, I just don't see it. No idea how Houston is on a 7 game winning streak, they aren't anything great.
All fair points I think. I guess what I'm saying is that I won't feel like they totally underachieved if they don't make it to the AFC CG with the team they've got this year. Won't be surprised if they get that far, or even farther, since despite their defensive shortcomings, they've still got a great offense. (most nights)

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
All fair points I think. I guess what I'm saying is that I won't feel like they totally underachieved if they don't make it to the AFC CG with the team they've got this year. Won't be surprised if they get that far, or even farther, since despite their defensive shortcomings, they've still got a great offense. (most nights)
I think once Gronk abnd Burkhead are back they're offense will look drastically different. Burkhead is such an important and underrated piece that people don't truly understand what he gives them since he's missed a ton of time in both seasons. He's a guy that can carry the ball effectively and catch it out of the backfield, unlike White who is primarily a receiving back, and Michel is more of a ball carrier. Burkhead compliments them both very effectively, and they really can do some interesting 2 RB sets.

They can do some funky stuff once they get the bulk of their offense back, especially in a hurry up subbing guys on and off without huddling.

Defense just needs to play the way they typically play in the RedZone, and I'm confident they can beat anyone in the AFC outside of KC@Arrowhead.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->