2018 Season Discussion Thread Part II (Playoffs?)

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
AB saved his best for last, McCaffrey was a beast, and my late pick up of Jamaal Williams carried me today. Justin Tucker would’ve had 20+ had he made them two 50+ yarders.

Started the season 1-3, went on the win 8/9 the rest of the season to end up with the 1 seed and won it all.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Rodgers was the easy start over Rivers with that matchup. Tough loss.

I went 0-4 in finals today. Rode some combo of Gurley, Mixon, and Conner all season and obviously they were of little help today.
Yeah i was way overthinking it. Should have just gone with the smart matchup. But oh well, won my league last year and 2nd place this year, can’t complain too much

Reactions: m9

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Ended up putting up 200+ and won my championship and that's with leaving Damien Williams on the bench (started Henry). Went back to back in this league.

Mahomes
Brown
Thomas
Mixon
Henry
Samuels
Woods
Tucker
Rams

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Had an insanely inconsistent playoffs (12 team shallow league). Won 243.52-131.08 in the QF, then lost 152.58-115.48 in the SF (absolutely awful week with injuries and underperforming. My best player was probably Robert Foster), then won the third place game 215.88-140.88.

It was a little disappointing, as it was one of the best teams I rostered on paper, possibly the best, but had some of my top players struggle at the worst times. But I'll always take a top 3 finish, nonetheless.

Congrats to all!

EDIT: To show you guys just how ridiculously inconsistent my team was, here were my performances week 9 and beyond:

Week 9: 159.12
Week 10: 210.70
Week 11: 159.52
Week 12: 260.80
Week 13: 152.86
QF: 243.52
SF: 115.48
Third: 215.88

Your scoring probably works differently than mine, but you can probably tell how all-over-the-map my team was at the end. Some of it was bye-weeks, but also had players like Julio Jones and Saquon Barkley have bad performances.

Last edited:

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I started 2-3 and ended up losing 2 more games the rest of the season (lost 2 by less than 2 points). Got to the playoffs and crushed the first two rounds. The kid who won the the league (beat me) I outscored him by double the week before.... but Rodgers and Ben went off for him and scored 100 points for him (I lost 210-235). Happens in leagues

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I won my keeper league this year. 1pt ppr w/idp
Watson
Hopkins
Thomas
Hill
Fournette
Mixon
Kittle
Luck (superflex)
Fairburn

We’re an 8 man league. 4 keepers. I’m thinking my keepers will be Watson and the 3 WR’s.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I won my keeper league this year. 1pt ppr w/idp
Watson
Hopkins
Thomas
Hill
Fournette
Mixon
Kittle
Luck (superflex)
Fairburn

We’re an 8 man league. 4 keepers. I’m thinking my keepers will be Watson and the 3 WR’s.

In a superflex, I'd actually let go of Hill and keep both Watson and Luck.

Tough call, but at least you don't need to make that decision now. I'm pretty sure I find a way to get Joe Mixon in there, too.

I value QB's in Superflex, however in an 8team format they're a bit easier to get. If someone went Hopkins, Thomas, Hill, Mixon and threw both QBs back I would understand it. Depends on where you draft and who else you think will be kept, though.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
In a superflex, I'd actually let go of Hill and keep both Watson and Luck.

Tough call, but at least you don't need to make that decision now. I'm pretty sure I find a way to get Joe Mixon in there, too.

I value QB's in Superflex, however in an 8team format they're a bit easier to get. If someone went Hopkins, Thomas, Hill, Mixon and threw both QBs back I would understand it. Depends on where you draft and who else you think will be kept, though.
Thanks for the input!
Being an 8 man league leaves a lot of options out there for all positions.

I think it’ll be tough for all 3 WR’s to repeat their seasons but 3 WR’s with over 300 points is tantalizing to keep.

Fournette was a keeper last year but I can’t trust him right now. Mixon is the RB I would keep but I think I can grab quality backs in the draft.

I believe I’ll have last pick so I’ll be picking back to back every time. My thinking was keep Deshaun and the WR’s and then go RB+QB then RB + TE and then go from there.

Reactions: m9

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Rough season. Ended up going 2nd 4th and 4th in my money leagues. Two of the three (standard scoring leagues) i scored over 120 and still lost lol. Oh well just wasnt my day, on to next season.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Anyone else playing week 17? It's not worth much but I'm playing for third place which is mostly just bragging rights. Still gotta go and try to win though.

As a rookie ffer, I'm starting to understand how hard it is to find good replacements for players sitting this week out. I probably should have been stashing guys a week ago. Now I'm mostly waiting to see if any scratches are announced and if I can get to them before other guys in the league, lol.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm playing this week and I have a tough decision on my RB/Flex position. Our league runs with 1 RB slot and 2 FLEX spots. So I've got these guys for three spots and I don't know what to do lol

Gus Edwards vs Cle
Damien Williams vs Oak
Jamaal Williams vs Det
David Johnson @ Sea
Lamar Miller vs Jax
Peyton Barber vs Atl

My first thought was Edwards and the two Williams, but Ware looks like he is back and Miller is now healthy. I don't like sitting Johnson, but I don't see the Cardinals scoring much in Seattle.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm playing this week and I have a tough decision on my RB/Flex position. Our league runs with 1 RB slot and 2 FLEX spots. So I've got these guys for three spots and I don't know what to do lol

Gus Edwards vs Cle
Damien Williams vs Oak
Jamaal Williams vs Det
David Johnson @ Sea
Lamar Miller vs Jax
Peyton Barber vs Atl

My first thought was Edwards and the two Williams, but Ware looks like he is back and Miller is now healthy. I don't like sitting Johnson, but I don't see the Cardinals scoring much in Seattle.

I go Williams (x2) and DJ, but it's a tough one.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Anyone else playing week 17? It's not worth much but I'm playing for third place which is mostly just bragging rights. Still gotta go and try to win though.

As a rookie ffer, I'm starting to understand how hard it is to find good replacements for players sitting this week out. I probably should have been stashing guys a week ago. Now I'm mostly waiting to see if any scratches are announced and if I can get to them before other guys in the league, lol.

One of my leagues goes to week 17 every year. Wound up reaching the championship game again only to lose after several of my guys underachieved. I was going for a dynasty with a three-peat but will just have to settle for a back to back and loss in the finals.

The other league I did horrible in but wound up finishing 7th out of 10. Worst finish in a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->