2018 Season Discussion Thread Part II (Playoffs?)

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
u5NQhPb.jpg

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I was in the fantasy championship this week against a guy who beat me by half a point earlier in the year when my QB (Mahomes) threw a pick to his D (Rams) to end Monday night football.

I was up by 1.5 points when the Saints fumbled through the endzone and allowed the Panthers to throw two passes to McCaffrey on my opponents team.

I lost by half a point. Again

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Made it into the finals in my only league, thanks in large party to Atlanta’s D racking up 20 points. Newton, DJ Moore, and Adam Thielen combined for 12, luckily my opponent had a rough week.

Starting to worry about Cam though...do I trust him next week? He’s looked rough these last couple weeks

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Those scores are pretty lousy.

I was in the fantasy championship this week against a guy who beat me by half a point earlier in the year when my QB (Mahomes) threw a pick to his D (Rams) to end Monday night football.

I was up by 1.5 points when the Saints fumbled through the endzone and allowed the Panthers to throw two passes to McCaffrey on my opponents team.

Damn.

Made it into the finals in my only league, thanks in large party to Atlanta’s D racking up 20 points. Newton, DJ Moore, and Adam Thielen combined for 12, luckily my opponent had a rough week.

Starting to worry about Cam though...do I trust him next week? He’s looked rough these last couple weeks

I wouldn't.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

That sounds brutal as hell, man. I was in a similar position... up by 1.5 points and I thought it was Michael Thomas who fumbled that through the emd zone, which would have made me lose by .5

Fantasy football is such a bittersweet game. So incredible when you're on the right side of those kinds of games, but so bitter when it goes the other way.

Who is your other quarterback and who are the top 3 QBs available in your Free Agency?

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
That sounds brutal as hell, man. I was in a similar position... up by 1.5 points and I thought it was Michael Thomas who fumbled that through the emd zone, which would have made me lose by .5

Fantasy football is such a bittersweet game. So incredible when you're on the right side of those kinds of games, but so bitter when it goes the other way.

Who is your other quarterback and who are the top 3 QBs available in your Free Agency?
I picked up Lamar Jackson a few weeks ago when it was first reported Cam was having shoulder issues, and the top available are

Attachments

• DBF29CEF-3C61-4C7A-BB0C-91B3BF43A072.png
    DBF29CEF-3C61-4C7A-BB0C-91B3BF43A072.png
    429.1 KB · Views: 10

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
For whatever reasons, I got really lucky this week and made the finals in 4 leagues (missed the playoffs in 2 leagues, including my favorite dynasty). Had at least 2 of Gurley, Mixon, and Damien Williams starting everywhere.

Some of the ugliest scores I have ever seen in my leagues though - saw someone WIN and make the finals with around 40 points.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Made one final and lost 2 semis. All i had to do in one was play jeffrey over moore or thomas smh ended up losing by 3 points. Thats fantasy football for you though.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
A stat correction will be implemented to Ezekiel Elliott. He will no longer have a fumble lost. This could be big news for people that won or lost their playoff game by less than 2 points.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Got blown out in week 15. Worst weeks of the season for Kelce and Chubb for me, and Damien Williams and Joe Mixon feasting for him really paved the way for my opponent to win.

At least there's a third place bracket so hopefully I can finish top 3 in my first season.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Playing in the finals for the 2nd year in a row (I won my league last year.)

Let's see if I can bring the #repeat this year!!! The rest of my league is super jealous of me and a couple of them legitimately do not like me as a person, so it would be great to win it... lol

My next year keepers are Kamara in the 12th round and Marlon Mack in the 14th round. So I've already got two RB1's within my final 4 draft picks, lol.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I’ve managed to lose one starter per week for the last 5 weeks

Week 11 OJ Howard
Week 12 Kareem Hunt
Week 13 Odell Beckham
Week 14 James Connor
Week 15 Tyler Boyd

It’s getting to be funny at this point

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
A stat correction will be implemented to Ezekiel Elliott. He will no longer have a fumble lost. This could be big news for people that won or lost their playoff game by less than 2 points.
I know at least two people who had their wins reversed because of this stat correction.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Well, Derick Henry came back down to earth this week, thank god lol. He’s dragged my opponent to the final these past two weeks.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I played Philip Rivers over Aron Rodgers and didn't have a replacement for Gurley...

Ugh $300 decision there :(

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
This makes me feel physically ill.

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-23_16-50-1.jpeg
    upload_2018-12-23_16-50-1.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 13

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I can't blame you in a sense cause Rivers has been better than Rodgers this year but the matchups and the name might have compelled me to go A-Rod, especially as a Jets fan I know my secondary sucks and it would be a high-scoring game :P

Rivers might well have cost me a win in my one final where I was 14-1 with the highest scoring team...my other options were Stafford (yeck) and Sam Darnold (not that I would have ever gone with him but damn). My opponent had Deshaun Watson so he outscored me by 40+ at the QB position. Fortunately it's a superdeep league with defensive players and none of my offensive players really spit the bit besides Rivers so I still have a chance to win tomorrow if a Raiders linebacker gets twelve points.

My other final I had a team that was 5-7 at one point and third or fourth worst scoring team in the league, somehow ripped off three wins in a row despite not scoring 100 points in either playoff game but this week facing a guy with Mahomes, Damian Williams, CJ Anderson and Nick Chubb among others my team finally lit it up to win a shootout with Big Ben, Robby Anderson (who I picked up when Gordon went splat), Ertz, etc.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Rodgers was the easy start over Rivers with that matchup. Tough loss.

I went 0-4 in finals today. Rode some combo of Gurley, Mixon, and Conner all season and obviously they were of little help today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad