2018 Season Discussion Thread Part II (Playoffs?)

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Good news: Justin Jackson scored 17 points!

Meh news: Travis Kelce scored 13 points

Bad news: Opponent has Damien Williams who scored 30 points

What a rollercoaster

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Not sure if I can put this here, but I have a move extra this week and I'm looking ahead to next week 16, assuming I win.

I need a new defense for next week, and I'm going to be choosing from one of the three:

Detroit
Washington
Minnesota

Who should I pick?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Faced Mahomes, Kelce and Butker last night in my playoff matchup and only came out down 28.12-0 (I didn't have any players playing).

I feel that's about the best I could have hoped for :laugh:

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I really needed that game to go to overtime last night lol. Mahomes only put up 18 pts for me but on the flip side my opponent had Hill so that worked out ok I guess....

I am thinking of rolling Jacksonville in two leagues vs Washington due to their QB situation. good idea?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I really needed that game to go to overtime last night lol. Mahomes only put up 18 pts for me but on the flip side my opponent had Hill so that worked out ok I guess....

I am thinking of rolling Jacksonville in two leagues vs Washington due to their QB situation. good idea?

I'd roll with the Jags. That's a nice matchup at home.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Yup, I'd do it.

My best team all year got nothing from Keenan Allen last night. Ugh.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm starting the Jags as well. Picked them up when McCoy went down, looking ahead to this matchup.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Start Goff or Brees?

Brees has been meh for me the last 2 weeks... with a finals spot on the line I'm tempted to start Goff vs Philly crap secondary.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My two leagues I'm still alive but my one great team (in a superdeep league) I'm in a nip and tuck battle nine points down but I have Gurley, Alshon Jeffery and one defensive player going into tonight while my opponent just has Cooks and a defensive player.

I'm actually worse off there than my other league, which I had no business making the playoffs with the third worst scoring team but actually got the #5 seed with a 6-7 record, then scraped out a miracle win by less than a point in my first round with a junktime MNF TD from Dalvin Cook. I literally had thought I'd lost the game. Now in the second round I'm creaming a guy who started his season 12-0, 37 points up with Ertz still and he only has Kamara left.

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Yea I am out as well, got off to a good start but the AB/Ben/Juju stack killed me this week. Add in starting Lockett and Arob over Baldwin and Fitzgerald and I'm toast.

Damn.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
well . I was crushed in one semi final.

2nd semi final I am currently down by 1pt. I have Lutz and DJ Moore to go and my opposition has the backup TE from Carolina. I think I may be ok.

3rd semi final I am down 13 points. The other team is done and I have Moore and M. Thomas to go.

Made some bad mistakes in the 2nd and 3rd semi finals and I should of won them already. Tried to play the hot hand in Brate in both leagues over Burton. Picked up Foster off the waiver wire in the 2nd league as I had a hunch then last minute decided to play Robinson instead and also switched out Golladay in favor of Moore as he struggled the last two games. 3rd league I decided to play Moore over Jeffrey as the last two games he has been slow lol. oh well thems are the playoff breaks.

I hope tonight turns out good for me and I don't make dumb decisions in the championship week (if I make it)

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Well, this is by far the worst roster management week I've had so far this season....

Benched Marlon Mack and Kenny Golladay (~44 points combined) in favor of Tyler Lockett and Curtis Samuel (6.60 points for Lockett, 8.6 projected for Samuel).

Benched Washington's defense (14 points) in favor of Detroit's defense (2 points).

Opponent is finished, I am 30 points down right now, but I have:
Michael Thomas
Alvin Kamara
Curtis Samuel

left to play.

30 points between the 3 of them isn't a crazy steep order, (0.5 PPR) however, I'm trying not to count my chickens because I've had a lot of bad luck these last few weeks...

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Well, I had just about the worst week I've had all season and I'm somehow still within striking distance.

Started the Dak/Cooper stack that got me about 10 fantasy points total, had Aaron Jones who got hurt and basically laid a goose egg and Alex Rosas who did put up a literal goose egg.

In spite of all this, if CMC outscores Ian Thomas by more than 14 points I'm gonna sneak into the finals.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Well, I had just about the worst week I've had all season and I'm somehow still within striking distance.

Started the Dak/Cooper stack that got me about 10 fantasy points total, had Aaron Jones who got hurt and basically laid a goose egg and Alex Rosas who did put up a literal goose egg.

In spite of all this, if CMC outscores Ian Thomas by more than 14 points I'm gonna sneak into the finals.

Ya Dak was part of the reason I got crushed in my one semi final, plus losing Miller did not help either along with a handful of under perfomances.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I forgot I am in one league with my brother still, it's not really my team but I advise him on what to do for pretty much everything lol.

The guy we are playing currently has 75 points with all his guys done. We have 54 with Michael Thomas, Ian Thomas and Luke Kuechly left lol. This is in a .5 PPR and .25 point per rush league (hate the rules but it's not my league so w/e). Realistically have a good shot of winning with our lowest scoring week of the year. Started Keenan Allen, Aaron Jones, Dak, Gostkowski, Chubb, DJ, Houston D.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Lost by 50 in the semis.

Dallas' kicker did nothing so if I started Bailey I would have gained I believe 10 or so points. I had a gut feeling to start Mike Williams, didnt and he scored 30 points.... Goff played like crap, we'll see how Brees does tonight.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'm up by 66 and my opponent has Brees, Thomas, and McCaffrey left. I'm gonna be nervous throughout this whole game. Winner is guaranteed in the money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad