2018 Season Discussion Thread Part II (Playoffs?)

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Spencer Ware on a short week has me nervous. So should I add one of Justin Jackson, Jeff Wilson or Doug Martin? And if so, which one?
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm going with Jackson personally based on this:

I've had decent luck for the most part this season with rookie RBs (Nick Chubb, Kerryon Johnson) so may as well keep leaning on them.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
FWIW this is my first season doing fantasy fb and I love it. Happy to have made playoffs as the second seed in my first season. However I haven't seen a lot of other people do what my league does which is 2-week matchups in playoffs. So top 4 (out of ten) teams make playoffs, then it's weeks 14 and 15 for semis, then weeks 16 and 17 for finals.

So after week 14 I'm barely leading 134-128 but my flex spot is wide open due to injuries. It'll basically come down to a) the status of Ware, b) who I can get off waivers (hopefully Justin Jackson), or c) a guy I have stashed like Pettis, Robinson, or Brate. Yikes.

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I like two-week finals though playing in Week 17 sucks. Glad you are enjoying it.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
FWIW this is my first season doing fantasy fb and I love it. Happy to have made playoffs as the second seed in my first season. However I haven't seen a lot of other people do what my league does which is 2-week matchups in playoffs. So top 4 (out of ten) teams make playoffs, then it's weeks 14 and 15 for semis, then weeks 16 and 17 for finals.

So after week 14 I'm barely leading 134-128 but my flex spot is wide open due to injuries. It'll basically come down to a) the status of Ware, b) who I can get off waivers (hopefully Justin Jackson), or c) a guy I have stashed like Pettis, Robinson, or Brate. Yikes.

I've heard of two week finals, but I would much rather have a one week final than a two week final if it meant I had to play Week 17.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Spencer Ware on a short week has me nervous. So should I add one of Justin Jackson, Jeff Wilson or Doug Martin? And if so, which one?

I've had decent luck for the most part this season with rookie RBs (Nick Chubb, Kerryon Johnson) so may as well keep leaning on them.

Moved them here

Jackson is the #1 waiver add in my opinion. The Chiefs allow over five yards per carry, and if Gordon and Ekeler are out, I have no idea who else the Chargers have at running back.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I've heard of two week finals, but I would much rather have a one week final than a two week final if it meant I had to play Week 17.
Is week 17 kind of like the last week of NHL games for teams that have clinched, in that they tend to sit their regulars? If so, I definitely get why that would be sub-optimal for fantasy lol.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Is week 17 kind of like the last week of NHL games for teams that have clinched, in that they tend to sit their regulars? If so, I definitely get why that would be sub-optimal for fantasy lol.

Last year Todd Gurley would single handedly get you to your league's championship but you had to win the last one without him lol.

What a world.

Reactions: Deebious

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Have the Chargers and Colts defenses who play the Chiefs and Cowboys, respectively. The only decent matchup of defenses available is ATL vs the Cardinals....idk what to do.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Moved them here

Jackson is the #1 waiver add in my opinion. The Chiefs allow over five yards per carry, and if Gordon and Ekeler are out, I have no idea who else the Chargers have at running back.

Here's my quandary, if anyone is interested.

This league freezes add/drop moves and trades at the kickoff of week 12. (There is a limited number of roster moves available anyway.)

However, IR is still available through the playoffs (also a limited number of weeks available, but I didn't use mine so I'm good). But a player has to be on IR or have an O (out) designation to be able to place on IR and add someone in his spot.

To add Ware, I put Kupp on IR. My other players who will probably get the O designation won't get it until after Thursday's game, meaning I can't reserve them and add someone before Thursday's game. Unless I release Ware and put Jackson in Kupp's spot. But Ware would then be FA, so there's no surety I could re-add him for week 16 if I wanted to.

So I have three options:
1) As I just said, drop Ware and add Jackson.
2) Wait until one of my other injured players is officially declared out (after Thursday's game probably) and add Martin or Wilson.
3) Just play Peyton Barber, who's already on my roster.

Just to be clear, Kerryon Johnson was supposed to be the go-to guy if something happened to one of my starting backs.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Here's my quandary, if anyone is interested.

This league freezes add/drop moves and trades at the kickoff of week 12. (There is a limited number of roster moves available anyway.)

However, IR is still available through the playoffs (also a limited number of weeks available, but I didn't use mine so I'm good). But a player has to be on IR or have an O (out) designation to be able to place on IR and add someone in his spot.

To add Ware, I put Kupp on IR. My other players who will probably get the O designation won't get it until after Thursday's game, meaning I can't reserve them and add someone before Thursday's game. Unless I release Ware and put Jackson in Kupp's spot. But Ware would then be FA, so there's no surety I could re-add him for week 16 if I wanted to.

So I have three options:
1) As I just said, drop Ware and add Jackson.
2) Wait until one of my other injured players is officially declared out (after Thursday's game probably) and add Martin or Wilson.
3) Just play Peyton Barber, who's already on my roster.

Just to be clear, Kerryon Johnson was supposed to be the go-to guy if something happened to one of my starting backs.

I assume this is a dynasty league?

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Ya my dude, if you know the guys/gals in your league, argue hard for not playing week 17. It's really dumb because so much is already decided and players sit whole games or half games etc.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I assume this is a dynasty league?

Keeper. But less common rules there, too. It's a longstanding league, and the roster rules were adopted early and only modified a handful of times. It requires some creativity for sure.

EDIT:
It occurs to me that Ware himself could get an O designation in time to get him on IR and Jackson on my roster, if I'm paying attention at the right time.

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Have the Chargers and Colts defenses who play the Chiefs and Cowboys, respectively. The only decent matchup of defenses available is ATL vs the Cardinals....idk what to do.
As a David Johnson owner, I don't think you ever do badly by adding the DST that's going against Arizona. :laugh: Fwiw my opponent this week added Falcons DST this morning for the same reason.

Last year Todd Gurley would single handedly get you to your league's championship but you had to win the last one without him lol.

What a world.
Yikes lol, that sounds not very fun if I get that far

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Gordon now questionable...

Was able to get an IR slot -- added Martin. With Ware now doubtful, is Damien Williams a better option?

Martin, Jackson (rtrending down?), D-Will (up?), Jeff Wilson...

thoughts?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Gordon now questionable...

Was able to get an IR slot -- added Martin. With Ware now doubtful, is Damien Williams a better option?

Martin, Jackson (rtrending down?), D-Will (up?), Jeff Wilson...

thoughts?

I would sort them Williams, Jackson, Wilson, then Martin. If someone liked Jackson more than Williams - totally fine with that too.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I think it's funny that Darrel Williams (a Chiefs running back) has been added over 1000 times on Yahoo today. I've never heard of him. I bet some people got him mixed up with Damien Williams. :laugh:

It's like Kareem Hunt and Akeem Hunt all over again, although Akeem was added a lot more than 1000 times.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think it's funny that Darrel Williams (a Chiefs running back) has been added over 1000 times on Yahoo today. I've never heard of him. I bet some people got him mixed up with Damien Williams. :laugh:

It's like Kareem Hunt and Akeem Hunt all over again, although Akeem was added a lot more than 1000 times.

Or like the "other" Adrian Peterson, which was always funny if you did auction drafts.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
M.Gordon is a double edged sword for me today. I in the semis against a manager that has him.....and then I have him on my team in another semi finals....and all that was left on the waiver wire to replace him with if he sits was Dixon lol.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I lost 166.8 to 167.4

I needed Kirk Cousins to get 13 points and he got 12.
I could of won with Josh Allen or Ryan Tannehill...
Still hurts lol

Never thought I would be out so quickly with a roster that had:
Kamara, Chubb, Antonio Brown, Hilton, Tyreek Hill as the main pieces.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
My running back situation has been comical. Current status:

- Kareem Hunt, suspended/cut
- Melvin Gordon, questionable to doubtful for tonight
- Austin Ekeler, out
- Kenyan Drake, questionable, limited in practice
- Matt Breida, questionable, limited in practice after missing most of past 2 games
- Damien Williams, emergency pickup last week, guess he's playing this week

Finished first in my league, then Goff torpedoed my first playoff game when a single touchdown would have been enough to win.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Naturally, he just scored. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad