NFL: 2018 Schedule

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
49ers get 5 prime time games this year. The "Jimmy G" effect taking full force. Nice to see them back on Monday Night football again. I think the last time they were on Monday Night football other than the back half of the double header was the Bowman interception game to close out Candlestick.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So they didn't do Saturday the weekend of Christmas. Only in Week 15. ESPN has taken on MNF on Christmas Eve. League not concerned anymore apparently about running that day.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Let's put it this way. They went 0-16 last year.

Week 1 v. Pittsburgh
Week 2 @ New Orleans

Clear what they're going for there.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Seems to me that every team is required to be on national TV at least once, and it doesn't necessarily have to be TNF.

They counted the London games last year for the Jags and Browns as "national tv", which is messed up. Sure, it has its own timeslot, but still. People on the west coast most likely weren't getting up at 10am to watch those two games.

Speaking of TNF, I hope they get rid of those stupid color rush jerseys.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A couple of tough stretches for the Vikings, which was expected with a first place schedule. Games against the Rams, Saints, Packers, and Seahawks in prime time should be fun. I would've preferred seeing how they match up with the Rams with both teams rested rather than on TNF though.

Some notes from Peter King's column:

Said Katz: “FOX asked to take some of their quality Sunday afternoon games, doubleheader games, and put them on Thursday night. So here was the trick for us as a group: Could we populate the Thursday night FOX schedule with at least a handful of games that would otherwise be FOX doubleheader games? And still leave FOX with enough quality doubleheader games? And still be able to take a handful of FOX games and put them on CBS?”

That happened. FOX had to be popping champagne Tuesday night.

Katz said the NFL gave consideration to six possible foes—Carolina, Atlanta, Minnesota, Washington, Dallas and the Giants—for the Eagles’ season-opener before settling on Atlanta. Sounded like he wanted to keep a Minnesota/Kirk Cousins appearance in his hip pocket for another prime-time game.

Peter King: Inside how the 2018 schedule was built

So they didn't do Saturday the weekend of Christmas. Only in Week 15. ESPN has taken on MNF on Christmas Eve. League not concerned anymore apparently about running that day.

Looks like it's still happening but they just did it different this year:

The NFL will play two Saturday games in Week 16—but they haven’t been announced yet. The league has told eight teams playing four games in Week 16 that two of those games could switch to Saturday. The four games: Jacksonville at Miami, New York Giants at Indianapolis, Washington at Tennessee, and Baltimore at the Los Angeles Chargers. The NFL will designate after Week 8, on or about Oct. 30, for two of those four games to be played at 4:30 p.m. ET and 8:20 p.m. ET on Saturday, Dec. 22. Why? Katz: “We want to try to avoid putting games in national windows with no playoff implication. This give us a better chance.”

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Speaking of TNF, I hope they get rid of those stupid color rush jerseys.

They did.

I actually hope the Lions keep the all grey as an alternate. Not only was it unique compared to any other team, it looked rather sharp.

Speaking of which, Lions are tied for having the second hardest schedule as of now. Not that I expected much as it was. But 8-8/7-9 looks to be the pinnacle. In addition, I have no idea who thought a Jets/Lions MNF was a good idea. Even as the first game of the year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I like the Saints color rush and I don’t even like white

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad