2019 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Me too I’d love both.

Granlund for Burakovsky
Baertschi+Edler for Puljujarvi
I doubt Edler waive his NTC to goto Edmonton.
Also doubt Baertschi gets traded so soon after signing that extension with a raise. Benning clearly likes Sven enough to give him a sizable raise (perhaps more than market value?), can't see JB give up on him after like 15 actual games into the extension.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Granlund to me is serviceable but I don’t know enough about Burakovsky to be able to say he is an upgrade. I get people dislike Granlund but I’m feeling a parallel move here. If the guys on the team like Granlund I don’t see the point in shaking things up there. I’d rather drop useless pieces like Schaller.

In the case of pool party he is a gamble worth taking, but he is also not going anywhere unless bad contracts are coming back and or good pieces are going the other way and I don’t think have the pieces

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Since you guys are on the burakovsky trade suggestion..i thought about this.
Dont know how it adds cap wise..
Burakovsky and Bowey
For
Goldobin Grandlund .Stecher..
Gives us a lil room also for when Beartschi and Sutter come back .
Then Shaller and Gaudette can go down..Gaudette first call up..
Just an idea.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Since you guys are on the burakovsky trade suggestion..i thought about this.
Dont know how it adds cap wise..
Burakovsky and Bowey
For
Goldobin Grandlund .Stecher..
Gives us a lil room also for when Beartschi and Sutter come back .
Then Shaller and Gaudette can go down..Gaudette first call up..
Just an idea.
Goldy, Stetcher and Granlund for Burakovsky and Bowey is an overpayment. I’d switch Stetcher to Gudbranson if possible

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Granlund to me is serviceable but I don’t know enough about Burakovsky to be able to say he is an upgrade. I get people dislike Granlund but I’m feeling a parallel move here. If the guys on the team like Granlund I don’t see the point in shaking things up there. I’d rather drop useless pieces like Schaller.

In the case of pool party he is a gamble worth taking, but he is also not going anywhere unless bad contracts are coming back and or good pieces are going the other way and I don’t think have the pieces

If we trade Granlund for a used diaper or a handful of dirt, we win that trade.

Reactions: timw33

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Granlund is awful. No speed, no awareness and most of all, no compete. If we somehow got Burakovsky for him I'd be pinching myself.
Yes Burakovsky would represent a talent upgrade for sure but Granlund can kill penalties and has pretty good awareness. He just cant compete that well without being at his best skating wise. When he's got jump he's a good depth guy where as Burakovsky apparently has some social issues and isnt much of a checker. If they think he could fit in and will work his tail off then absolutely it's a no brainer

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yes Burakovsky would represent a talent upgrade for sure but Granlund can kill penalties and has pretty good awareness. He just cant compete that well without being at his best skating wise. When he's got jump he's a good depth guy where as Burakovsky apparently has some social issues and isnt much of a checker. If they think he could fit in and will work his tail off then absolutely it's a no brainer

Granlund has been literally the worst regular PK guy in the NHL over the past two seasons.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I wish I understood why Markus freaking Granlund is such a trigger for certain people on here. Even if you don't think he sucks, he's pretty much a nothing player.

Every time I see someone criticising him whether it's MS, mossey, orcatown, they always back up their opinion with solid reasons and reference indicivudal plays made or not made by the player.

Then you get these crazy retaliation posts which frankly are embarrassing and don't actually give any reasons for liking granlund play or reference good plays he has made, but are just these crazy rants filled with logical fallacies and personal attacks, mostly nothing to do with granlund at all.

When I ask, what do you like about granlund as a player? What does he do well? Why is critisicm of him not warranted? These questions are ignored. If you can't answer these questions then maybe you should be questioning your own motives instead of losing your mind about someone else's.

It's like seeing criticism of Markus granlund causes a short circuit in the brain. But why? Why Markus granlund? At best he is a Taylor Motte level player, just not worth getting worked up about. I don't get it.

And just as a side note, lol at someone bragging about how many likes they got on one of their garbage posts attacking the guy with the most likes on the forum. Is there some kind of organized campaign for coming at MS and me, in particular? Kinda weird the amount of personal attacks targeted specifically at the two of us this weekend.

Anyway.

I think its time to be trading Nilsson for whatever we can get and calling up Demko. If nobody gives us a pick or anything then just waive him. Demko is 23 and it's time to start getting him nhl games imo.

Last edited:

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
This has probably been brought up before and I'm really getting ahead of myself with these comparisons, but I truly believe we're building a young core that has a lot of parallels with the post lockout Red Wings.

Pettersson is our Datysuk, Horvat is our Zetterberg, Hughes can hopefully be our Rafalski, Boeser is our Hossa.

The big, massive, enormous thing we're missing is anyone even 1/10th as valuable as Lidstrom.

The only short-term chance we have of solidifying our D is going hard after Karlsson in free agency. Open up the coffers and go all out for him - I'd do 13M x 7 years without blinking. The only thing we can really hope for is that he would even consider Vancouver.

It's going to be an absolute travesty if we waste the entirety of Horvat, Boeser and Pettersson's primes by icing a trash defensive core.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
I wish I understood why Markus freaking Granlund is such a trigger for certain people on here. Even if you don't think he sucks, he's pretty much a nothing player.

It's like seeing criticism of Markus granlund causes a short circuit in the brain. But why? Why Markus granlund? At best he is a Taylor Motte level player, just not worth getting worked up about. I don't get it.

Different people may have different reasons of course but I have a suggestion why it works for some of them. It is of course hypothetical and may apply to some but not others, or I may be misreading them. It's only my take and the strongest of the pro-Benning shills are going to really, really hate it.

Many people were critical of the Granlund for Shinkaruk trade. (On a side note I was among them-I wrote at the time (on CDC, iirc) that the Canucks were probably right that Shinkaruk was not going to be an NHL player but I'd rather have some potential for more than the known marginal player who wouldn't be a difference maker.)

The trade worked out for the Canucks. It may not be significant but clearly Granlund has been an NHL player of some level. When Shinkaruk failed and Granlund scored 19 goals in a season, it seemed justification of the views of pro-Benning posters that Benning did the trade right. Since they can see no reason to criticize the trade (even though the criticism now is of the player, not the trade) the easiest reason to come up with is that haters gotta hate.

I'm not saying it is logical.

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Would you do this?
Jake Virtanen + Olli Juolevi for Esa Lindell

Dallas has a glut of Dman in that 23-27 year old range but their depth up front sucks. Lindell is tracking to be a solid #2 dman.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Burakovski to be acquired by the Canucks rumours starting to heat up! He was a beast in the playoffs and scored some huge goals, but is currently being healthy scratched by the new coach. Players rumoured that might be in play are Sutter, Baertschi, Granlund. IMO Burakovski would be a solid addition to the Canucks. Thoughts?

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Burakovski to be acquired by the Canucks rumours starting to heat up! He was a beast in the playoffs and scored some huge goals, but is currently being healthy scratched by the new coach. Players rumoured that might be in play are Sutter, Baertschi, Granlund. IMO Burakovski would be a solid addition to the Canucks. Thoughts?

As long as the player we give up is older than him I'm fine with it.

Please don't give up any picks. Please.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
If Baertschi or Sutter are being dealt we would likely get a draft pick in return as well (would have to retain salary with Sutter).

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
As long as the player we give up is older than him I'm fine with it.

Please don't give up any picks. Please.

Feel the same way. Would happily unload Baertschi but am having a hard time thinking what WSH would want from us that wouldn't be picks/prospects.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Granlund straight up would be fine. I can't see the Caps wanting to take anyone on with term. It sounded like they want PK help which Granlund can play- just not that effectively. To me it would be a win-win scenario to get him off out PK and add more skill and size on the wing. Bura could actually be a great fit with Bo. Goldobin can play both wings and Gaudette would be the versatility guy when Sutter and Bae get back. Lines maybe:

Leivo-EP40-Boeser
Bura-Horvat-Goldy
Bae-Sutter-Virtanen
Rousell-Beagle-Motte/Gaudette
Eriksson

Schaller and Biega sent down for roster space

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Only would do this if Gudbranson, Schaller or Erickson are headed the other way. No picks involved.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Burakovsky is a fine guy to target, he’s far from a failed prospect who’s struggled to make the NHL.

He’s on a very deep team, playing behind some fantastic wingers, again this is strictly based on the asking price if you can get him while moving out of one the redundant veterans you do it for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad