Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON - The Price Is Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017
This would be a disaster.

Betts is a much better player than Bryce Harper, who is one of the most overrated players in sports, let alone baseball.

Oh, I think it's more of a wonderful dream. :naughty:

As of right now, Mookie Betts is a much better baseball player than pretty much every mortal on the planet.

Which disqualifies Mike Trout obviously.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
other way around.

those that understand analytics the most realize it isnt the end all be all, and that analytics can lie.

and ftr, my career is a data analyst (data mining, analysis and reporting)

Literally every MLB team would laugh at you if you came in stressing the importance of RBIs when evaluating a player. Every one of them, no hyperbole. If you came in and said, "Player X is better than Player Y because he had 12 more RBI" or said "we know Player Z is good cause he had 100 RBI" they would fire you on the spot now.

And the ONLY people who uses phrases like "analytics is the be all end all" are people who don't like them. I have never, not once, said scouts serve no purpose, nor have I ever said they should be ignored. I can't think of anyone else who has, including a guy like Keith Law.

So you're arguing with your own lazy strawman. And you're doing it so you can defend an outdated line of thinking that all of professional baseball has passed by. Maybe you're smarter than all 3o teams, it is possible, but the Astros and Cubs agree with me on the RBI thing, as well as the importance of those new fangled stats.

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017
yes, Mets were the second choice per the norm.

You guys also got Shake Shack in your stadium, and I haven't been back to YS3 in a while, but the beer situation was like the description of Roger Dorn in Major League ("I thought you said we didn't have any high priced talent...").

I'm trying my best Lou. Now can we have DeGrom?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You guys also got Shake Shack in your stadium, and I haven't been back to YS3 in a while, but the beer situation was like the description of Roger Dorn in Major League ("I thought you said we didn't have any high priced talent...").

Yes, take him. Just make sure Miggy and Frazier are in the package coming back.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Good news is Lou might be better than what the Mets currently have for an administration. Bad news (for you) is that he hates the Yankees.

No Derek Jeter gift-wrapped specials coming from the Mets if Lou was in charge.

:laugh:

Reactions: LouJersey

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I hate agreeing with Gasper but he is dead on about this Red Sox team and the fanbase.

The Red Sox can’t really win until they win in the playoffs - The Boston Globe

NESN is no longer must-see TV during the summer and John Henry has taken the keys away from Tom Werner and did not renew the contract of the person who cut Orsillo loose. Henry wants Orsillo back and move Obie back to radio.

I never thought the Patriots would leap past the Sox and become the most popular team but it has happened.

We already know the 5 AL teams that will advance and oddly the weakest of the 5 is the only one that seems assured to be in the ALDS.

View attachment 128779
the only question is who, among broadcasters, gets dealt to San Diego

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I don’t claim to be an expert at any of these “advanced” stats but I do know the same people who push them as the new smart way and telling me RBI’s are outdated are the same people who use these “advanced” stats to defend JBJ still being in the lineup.

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017
I don’t claim to be an expert at any of these “advanced” stats but I do know the same people who push them as the new smart way and telling me RBI’s are outdated are the same people who use these “advanced” stats to defend JBJ still being in the lineup.

Except Everett Mike has been using them to argue why JBJ shouldn’t be in tha lineup.

Weird.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Why would anyone go to a game in about 15 cities other than free tickets , cheap ones, or the catch a game or two a year

I’m amazed this is Kansas City Royals on a pace for 115 losses ?

Is Connie Mack running this team? Did he trade Lefty Grove & Jimmie Foxx to the Red Sox, and Al Simmons and Mickey Cochrane to the Indians and Tigers.

Baseball needs competitive balance a cap ceiling and floor with 25% of each other

Baltimore on pace to finish 61 games out

Reactions: EverettMike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad