Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON III - 107-52 - 2018 AL EAST CHAMPS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Leon is having one hell of a season as a catcher, among the best in the game. Not so great with the bat this year, but that's easy to dismiss with the work he's put in as catcher and calling games.

That throw he made to end the game last night was great. Doubly so when you consider if he throws it away it's a tie game.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Last night they were showing that Porcello’s ERA this year in his wins is something like 2 and in his losses it is over 10. There is no in between with that guy this year. He is either lights out or a tire fire.

Reactions: Fossy21

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory

RF Dwight "Dewey" Evans is an underrated player. His 67.1 WAR is tied with Roberto Alomar's. His 127 OPS+ is tied with Rickey Henderson. He's a borderline HoFer in my book. "He was a three-time All-Star, won eight Gold Glove Awards, and won two Silver Slugger Awards. Evans played the second-most career games for the Red Sox of any player, surpassed only by Carl Yastrzemski." Dwight Evans - Wikipedia

All-Star (1978, 1981, 1987)

Gold Glove Award (1976, 1978, 1979, 1981–1985)

Silver Slugger Award (1981, 1987)

AL home run leader (1981)

Boston Red Sox Hall of Fame

His slash line was

[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
But someone stated in here during Porcello's last start that he is ****** useless.

Last night they were showing that Porcello’s ERA this year in his wins is something like 2 and in his losses it is over 10. There is no in between with that guy this year. He is either lights out or a tire fire.

They aren’t mutually exclusive. As long as he has significantly more great games than he does botched *********, fine by me.

Then again, you can’t criticise Tuukka for a stinker of a game where he lets in three softies if he’s had a shutout within the last month (and even if you bring this up in the same post in a complementary fashion) without getting flamed to hell on here, so par for the course.

2 incredible starts to 1 f***ing useless start is a good ratio, even if it’s below the Red Sox’s winning ratio this year.

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
15-5 with a 4.04 ERA for a third starting pitcher.

Tire fire....silly

Are you being wilfully ignorant here? 15 games with a 2 something ERA is great, but would indeed require him to have a 10+ ERA in his losses for his total to land on 4.04. I don’t know how you can say that 10+ isn’t a tyre fire, even with the context of the majority of his starts being great. A 3:1 ratio (as his win-loss stat would suggest) is excellent, of course. Doesn’t mean it’s not frustrating when he shits the bed, as with any pitcher.

Velasquez isn’t great today, 4.13 ERA notwithstanding.

Reactions: Brent Hughes

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Are you being wilfully ignorant here? 15 games with a 2 something ERA is great, but would indeed require him to have a 10+ ERA in his losses for his total to land on 4.04. I don’t know how you can say that 10+ isn’t a tyre fire, even with the context of the majority of his starts being great. A 3:1 ratio (as his win-loss stat would suggest) is excellent, of course. Doesn’t mean it’s not frustrating when he ****s the bed, as with any pitcher.

Velasquez isn’t great today, 4.13 ERA notwithstanding.
I am being reasonable with my expectations of a third starter and considering the success of the team and what he provides I am very satisfied with that. If it makes you two happy to call his 5 losses out of 25 starts a tire fire than go ahead, enjoy.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I am being reasonable with my expectations of a third starter and considering the success of the team and what he provides I am very satisfied with that. If it makes you two happy to call his 5 losses out of 25 starts a tire fire than go ahead, enjoy.

I am also quite happy with what he has provided thus far. I will take a stinker once in awhile if it is followed by 3 great starts. All I was doing was simply pointing out an interesting stat that showed how he has either been very, very good or very, very bad this season...it’s probably not very common to see such a wide spread. Fortunately we get good Porcello 3x as often as bad Porcello.

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
That JBJ at-bat is going to loom large...up 3-0, bases loaded with 1 out, a 3-0 count and he eventually popped it up and the Phillies got out of it.

Devers with three straight strikes in the same area and an error that cost at least two runs certainly didn’t help either. Jackie’s was a shame too, for sure. Still lots to play. They’ve got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad