Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Yup. Just look at the team they just lost to (the Panthers):

2012: 7 -9
2013: 12-4
2014: 7-8-1 (still somehow won their division)
2015: 15-1 (Cam Newton MVP, lost SB)
2016: 6-10
2017: 11-5
2018: 4-2 so far (works out to about 11-5).

They might finally string together back-to-back seasons over .500 for the first time in the history of their franchise (24 seasons). In that time, the Pats have had a run of three consecutive winning seasons between 1996 and 1998 and 18 (most likely) consecutive from 2001 to 2018. And "weak division" doesn't fly since Brady's worst divisional record is against the AFC West at 22-12 (equals out to 10.35 wins in a 16-game season even if he played nothing but AFC West teams, which he wouldn't)

The only teams that even come close to that consistency (but then again not really) are the Colts, Steelers, Broncos and Packers. Eagles have a lot of winning to do before they can talk ****.

The Jaguars? :sarcasm:
(well, at least they strung together 4 winning seasons almost immediately as a franchise, unlike the up and down Panthers)

Fingers crossed, eh?
I have always thought that the "weak division" argument was a bit specious because part of the reason for the other AFC East teams' bad records is that they have to play the Patriots twice each season.

Reactions: Fossy21

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
a 1st for cooper is pretty good value though.

Kind of crazy to think that the Raiders have 3 first rounders in next year's draft that will likely all be in the top 15.....and 2 first rounders the year after. And it's likely that they're going to offload a few more guys for future picks before the trade deadline.

Luckily Gruden will probably package them all for the next Gaines Adams.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Sony Michel injury looks much worse than they're making it out to be. Watch that video and tell me that doesnt look horrible.

Kinda bleh Gordon didnt get a TD on that one catch. How have Clayborn, Shelton and Brown been doing? Dont seem to hear their names much.

In other football news I forgot how much of a class act Drew Brees is. He heaped lots of praise on Benjamin Watson after he caught Brees 500 TD.

I think when it comes to teams other than the Pats, Rams and Chiefs are scary good.

Schefter and Rappaport have very good sources. No offense, but I will take their word over a “couch doctor” ;) :laugh:

Reactions: VegasPatriot

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Jerry Jones is just going to go all-in and use assets to trade for talent because he knows what he wants

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Sony Michel’s knee injury is not thought to be serious - The Boston Globe

CHICAGO – The Patriots dodged a big hit, as running back Sony Michel did not suffer a major knee injury during Sunday’s 38-31 win over the Bears.

Michel underwent an MRI Monday that found no structural damage, and, according to a league source, the rookie’s injury “doesn’t appear to be season-ending.”

It’s welcome news for a team that already has lost tailbacks Jeremy Hill (torn ACL) and Rex Burkhead (neck) to injured reserve.
Michel will be evaluated and monitored this week, and although he could miss some time, it isn’t expected to be a significant stretch.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If I’m Belichick and the hour glass is draining out I want Patrick Peterson. Now.

He could be a game changer for this team and his contracts not that bad.

Peterson and Gordon and getting a 6th this or next year and then ride off into the sun set atleast until the Giants make you king in a year or so

Reactions: N o o d l e s

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If I’m Belichick and the hour glass is draining out I want Patrick Peterson. Now.

He could be a game changer for this team and his contracts not that bad.

Peterson and Gordon and getting a 6th this or next year and then ride off into the sun set atleast until the Giants make you king in a year or so

Brady at 41 bailing out this defense week after week. BB is supposed to at least have a formidable D

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Booger Mcfarland:

Giants going for 2 - stupid

Falcons kicking 56 yard field goal - gutsy

Going for 2 was stupid there. It added nothing at that point in the game.

Kicking a 56 yard field goal effectively ended the game.

It's almost like context is a thing.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Who says the hourglass is running out? I honestly think he’s shooting for 329 wins. And if he isn’t, he should. He’s at 255 as of today, and if he averages 11 wins per season, it will take him only 6 and a half years. Naturally, a 13 or 14 win season here or there narrows that window.

That would be Belichick’s little jab at Shula.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Who says the hourglass is running out? I honestly think he’s shooting for 329 wins. And if he isn’t, he should. He’s at 255 as of today, and if he averages 11 wins per season, it will take him only 6 and a half years. Naturally, a 13 or 14 win season here or there narrows that window.

That would be Belichick’s little jab at Shula.
I think it's more of an age thing. Does he really want to coach until he's 73? Does he want to have to groom a new QB during the end of his career?

I get Bill is a proud guy, and is all about the history of the game, and his own legacy, but I just don't see it adding up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad