Patriots/NFL 2018 Regular Season III - 5-2 - On to Buffalo - 10/29 8:15 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
They were putting pressure on the QB in the first half, but how many throws did Mahomes just flat out miss? Sure, give the line credit for putting on pressure (and also coaching for that matter), but the Chiefs could have had another 2 touchdowns if Mahomes wasn’t off.

He was on in the second half and it was a real struggle. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great win, but the game could have easily gone the other direction if not maybe for the nerves of the first-year QB.

Did it occur to anyone that Mahomes missed easy throws because of said pressure, but either not being able to step totally into a throw, or having to rush?

I get the easy narrative is to just shit on the defense, and in the second half you 100% have a case for it, but they did what thy needed to do in the first half and forced him to not be the player he's shown to be.

Reactions: McGarnagle

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Did it occur to anyone that Mahomes missed easy throws because of said pressure, but either not being able to step totally into a throw, or having to rush?

I get the easy narrative is to just **** on the defense, and in the second half you 100% have a case for it, but they did what thy needed to do in the first half and forced him to not be the player he's shown to be.

Yes we've actually discussed that in this thread today.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

I get the easy narrative is to just **** on the defense, and in the second half you 100% have a case for it, but they did what thy needed to do in the first half and forced him to not be the player he's shown to be.

I usually hate this defense but you're right. It's ok to say that the pressure they put on Mahomes led to bad thriws. That's part of playing defense. You're not always going to get the sack, but pressure helps too. First half they held KC to three FGs and forced Mahomes into 2 interceptions. That was an A+ performance in first half.

2nd half Brady's fumble and kickoff return put them in tough spot. Really, the criticism they deserve is for the two long touchdown passes. Those are the killers.

As for Tyreek Hill, guy is an ahole. That's well documented. The fan is an idiot but taking legal action? Get over yourself dude.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Watching ESPN after a big Pats win as always.

Bob Ryan comments kind of...........doesnt seem like something he normally says. The Patriots hope to not face the Chiefs again? Yeah the Chiefs will get back Justin Houston but Playoffs(if thats next the Chiefs and Pats play) Is a different animal than a game in October.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
That's quite the allegation. Does he have proof?

Also Tyreek Hill wanting to press charges against that fan is laughable.

Don't run over to the sidelines after a touchdown, simple as that.
That's the sort of shit that galvanizes a team. Puts a chip on their shoulder. And Bill is an expert at helping them lift that chip up there.

I’m not condoning the behavior of those fans. They should lose their seats.

However, also not a good idea to run through the EZ to the seats in the opposing team’s stadium to celebrate.

Not going to end well.
To be fair, he didn't do any celebrating there, he just went to the wall and pushed back off. He does a dance right there, I understand, but that fan was just a dick to throw his $18 beer on him.

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
kimbrel has a beer thrown on him less than a week ago, among countless other incidents of beer throwing at stadiums since the Malice at the Palace:

::crickets::

patriots fan throws a splash of beer on tyreek hill, legit media reporters that are supposed to be unbiased:

This SCUMBAG needs to be PROSECUTED Patriots fans are the WORST in the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

I agree. They deserve credit. I established that in my comment.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Our defense ****ing sucks. But I wish you no ill will.

Anyway, Gostowski was nails last night.

Well yeah, I don't think anyone will disagree that KC's offense is better than our defense. Much better. But the D did well to limit KC to 9 first half points. Mahomes didn't play that well in large part due to the D. I mean how does Hill show up in the corner of the endzone to catch a botched throw to Hunt by Mahomes?

We don't have anyone that is a game changing talent on D. Not even close. But there are only so many of those guys in the league and most happen to be on teams that lose a lot see Chandler Jones.

I'd like the D to be better but I am fine with middle of the pack.

Taking a sure thing in Michel instead of rolling the dice on a D player that could bust at the end of the first round (haven't heard anything about the BC kid Landry wherever he is) might be Belichick the GM's best move in a while. We wouldn't be a better team with him instead of Michel.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I’m not condoning the behavior of those fans. They should lose their seats.

However, also not a good idea to run through the EZ to the seats in the opposing team’s stadium to celebrate.

Not going to end well.

Where else was he going to run? Those seats are pretty close to the end zone.

He didn't do a lambeau leap into our fans or anything he was going full speed and probably needed all of the end zone and the room behind it to stop.

BTW I know some dumbass who had 10 season tickets down there and had to move them due to that new end zone club being built. He took first row of the 300s instead of staying in the lower bowl. Idiot walking up to the spaceship at the razor is the most demoralizing shit ever I hate it up there even first couple rows its so high and far away. Almost as bad as RF in Fenway past the Pesky Pole.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
We should have demanded Beathard back in the Jimmy G trade dude is legit. Noone looks good playing QB for the Hawkeyes and he was awesome in college.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Damn it was a beer. Hope that guy loses his job for doing that ****.

Hoping a 21 year old loses their job over throwing a beer seems a little extreme. (Might be in college right now anyway).

Harold Landry has been really good.

Ya that was a weird comment. Landry was better than Bradley Chubb two years ago but then battled an injury last year and Chubb exploded. So Landry dropped in the draft but from everything I have seen has been very good for the Titans.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
GB has no timeouts and SF allows three consecutive boundary completions where the receiver then gets out of bounds

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Hoping a 21 year old loses their job over throwing a beer seems a little extreme. (Might be in college right now anyway).

Ya that was a weird comment. Landry was better than Bradley Chubb two years ago but then battled an injury last year and Chubb exploded. So Landry dropped in the draft but from everything I have seen has been very good for the Titans.

Yeah thats too much. He probably didn't think about it. Just bad since it was clearly on TV and he nailed him.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I think losing his tickets sounds about right.

Getting charged with assault for throwing a liquid on a guy? Let the punishment fit the crime. I mean, if it was Bud Light, that’s just like throwing water on him.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Really no way to even enforce his "disinvite". Ive heard of plenty of people who have gotten around this.

The whole thing is crazy. We got a noted women beater (and pregnant for that matter) pressing charges against a kid who did something stupid but was harmless.

Basically all this is doing is drawing negative attention to Hill because everyone is saying "yeah, but you beat up your pregnant GF amd got off with a slap on the wrist"

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I believe the charges are from the Patriots and are standard for anyone tossed from a Gillette event.

I don’t think any charges have been leveled by Hill or his agent.

I think it would be wise for Hill to let it drop because discovery wouldn’t be good for him

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I believe the charges are from the Patriots and are standard for anyone tossed from a Gillette event.

I don’t think any charges have been leveled by Hill or his agent.

I think it would be wise for Hill to let it drop because discovery wouldn’t be good for him

The Foxboro police are charging him.

Both Hill and Rosenhaus asked for charges to be filed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad