Patriots/NFL 2018 Regular Season III - 5-2 - On to Buffalo - 10/29 8:15 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Can't be mad at the defense tonight.

Hill, Hunt, Kelce have been fully unleashed with Mahomes.

Sony Michel is looking like a great grab

You forgot Watkins.

Get some stops/turnovers and force some field goals. D was able to throw Mahomes off early but those guys were making plays for him Hunt played better than Michel ffs!

Yes the Sony Michel for Brandin Cooks trade and major position upgrade of Lewis->Michel was an excellent move. Michel is our best back since Dillon his first year. Maybe better.

I expected Michel to be very good and knew we weren't whiffing and going to regret that pick but I didn't think he'd be this physical/powerful.

I'm not sure Kansas City will lose enough for that tie breaker to come into play. We do not want to go to Arrowhead in the playoffs.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Devan McCourty needs to either restructure his contract or get released. Lawyer Milloy & Rodney Harrison he is not.

I was calling for this a year ago.

But we weren't going to change the secondary with the DL and LB not being that talented. Everyone has a shitload of experience back there and aren't that old its a known quantity. I liked the move getting his brother to make sure he doesn't regress too much hes a key guy and is older. Obviously still a great leader.

I'm sorry the KC offense is just a hell of a lot better than our defense at least we won the game. Mahomes didn't even play that well it was his cast that was impressive.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Team should stop neglecting defense when drafting. Need 1-3 top stud athlete defenders going future. 1 on the DL, 1 LB and 1 DB.

MCourty brothers are just horrible If one wasnt getting burned the other was. Not too worried about the offense. Brady and Gordon are not 100% clicking yet and almost had 2 TDs today. Michel is making me eat crow.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Team should stop neglecting defense when drafting. Need 1-3 top stud athlete defenders going future. 1 on the DL, 1 LB and 1 DB.

MCourty brothers are just horrible If one wasnt getting burned the other was. Not too worried about the offense. Brady and Gordon are not 100% clicking yet and almost had 2 TDs today. Michel is making me eat crow.

JMac is a top 5 rated CB right now from PFF. He had a bad play on that Hunt TD, but overall, he's been great.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The D is just so damn inconsistent. They look good for a half against one of the best O’s in the league and then look like they don’t know what football is in the 2nd half.

Can’t trust them right now.

I don't think they looked good in the first half. Mahomes, whose accuracy is usually off the charts, missed two wide open passes for touchdowns.

The looked okay and lucky in the first half. Then when the luck wore off they looked abysmal.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I don't think they looked good in the first half. Mahomes, whose accuracy is usually off the charts, missed two wide open passes for touchdowns.

The looked okay and lucky in the first half. Then when the luck wore off they looked abysmal.
Not sure which two throws you are talking about, but some of the Mahomes misses were because he was under alot of pressure

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Not sure which two throws you are talking about, but some of the Mahomes misses were because he was under alot of pressure

The first one was to Hill in the seam, a pass he absolutely should have made.

The second was to Kelce. He was under pressure there, but he still had Kelce wide open and over threw him, so if you want to credit the D you can, but he still got the ball out without being touched to a guy who was past his defender deep.

For a guy who has been deadly accurate all season him missing two throws like that were huge breaks for the Pats.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
At least Hightower had two big plays leading to picks (one by him). Bend but don’t break works (albeit frustratingly), especially if you win the turnover battle.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Some fun facts from Mike Reiss this morning

We can thank Sony for the play-action being so good. They're biting because they respect him as a runner, and if that gives Edelman and Gordon one more half-second to separate...

I hope Bill pulls off one of his deadline deals for defensive help this year like the time he got Talib and the time he got Ayers. This is a superbowl offense, but the defense needs work.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That's quite the allegation. Does he have proof?

Also Tyreek Hill wanting to press charges against that fan is laughable.

Don't run over to the sidelines after a touchdown, simple as that.

I’m not condoning the behavior of those fans. They should lose their seats.

However, also not a good idea to run through the EZ to the seats in the opposing team’s stadium to celebrate.

Not going to end well.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The D is just so damn inconsistent. They look good for a half against one of the best O’s in the league and then look like they don’t know what football is in the 2nd half.

Can’t trust them right now.

They were putting pressure on the QB in the first half, but how many throws did Mahomes just flat out miss? Sure, give the line credit for putting on pressure (and also coaching for that matter), but the Chiefs could have had another 2 touchdowns if Mahomes wasn’t off.

He was on in the second half and it was a real struggle. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great win, but the game could have easily gone the other direction if not maybe for the nerves of the first-year QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad