Red Sox/MLB 2018 REGULAR SEASON II - 85-35 - Jerry Remy Again Diagnosed With Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Two walks in a row where at least half the balls were strikes. Oh well, get a quick out here and it won’t matter.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

:amazed:
I saw this kid play in Nashville a couple weeks ago, right before he got called up.

That is some throw.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
OUCH

Dupont: I called the mental health clinic that offered Mets fans some relief. No one answered - The Boston Globe

In recent weeks, one Mets fan routinely has sat at Citi Field with a bag over his head, watching the carnage from his spot near the press box. He’s been virtually ignored by other fans and media, other than a tweet or two from out-of-town writers.

“No one pays him any attention,” a longtime pal, one who attends every game at Citi Field, told me the other day. “It’s not like there’s some mass revolt among the fans. In fact, what you notice most is the apathy. They’re just boring . . . really boring.”

The 2018 Mets are bad. Victor Kiam’s Patriots bottom-of-the-hellhole kind of bad.

Immediately on the heels of the 25-4 shellacking, an online mental health marketplace offered Mets fans some relief in the form of free counseling. Manhasset-based UMA Health (umahealth.com) opened wide its portals to Mets fans who just couldn’t take it anymore.

According to reports, fans first only had to fill out an online form that asked them to detail their most difficult moment(s) as a Mets fan. Imagine if this kind of humanitarian outreach had been made to Sox fans following the World Series of 1986. That was the pre-Internet era, of course, so the form would have had to be completed in writing.

Mental health was so much harder to attain back in the old days, am I right? Uh, hello, hello . . . ?

I, of course, need no such cerebral maintenance. I am from Boston, city of champions, bedrock of sports sanity. Although I have some insight on Mets fans after covering the Mets regularly in a backup beat capacity for three summers, 1983-85, when I was under the employ of the New York Times.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
image.png

Reactions: Fenway

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Pulling Sale 20 pitches short of his limit... what.

Probably wanted to guarantee a clean situation for bullpen. No need to push Sale right now. Gotta preserve his bullets. Nice restraint from Cora.

I honestly don't think I will be able to handle watching this bullpen in the playoffs. I'll be crapping bricks.

Reactions: Fossy21

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Also maybe i haven't been paying close enough attention but who is Cora's go to 8th inning guy. Does he have one? Before the 8th it seems like total chaos and just throwing whoever is available that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad