Patriots/NFL 2018 Regular Season - 1-0 - On to Jacksonville 9/16 4:25 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I was just making a point about expectations from pre-draft to playing days. But I think @McGarnagle hit it directly on the nose: Cleveland. Browns.
You see the clip from Hard Knocks from him storming into Hue Jackson’s office demanded to know why he was running with the second team? Then telling him if he wasn’t going to run with the first team to trade him. Imagine he does that to Belichick.

Reactions: Fossy21

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Dorsett & Coleman

Belichick rebuilds the WR core with 2 former first round picks needing change of scenery

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I mean how many QBs have the Browns had since like 2015? Kinda hard for a rookie no matter their draft slot to form any chemistry with a QB if you team keeps rotating them.

I hope the Browns find some success. That fan base needs it.

Sucks that the only success they had had recently was the movie "Draft Day"

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Burkhead is in concussion protocol, probably not going to play this Sunday. Sony Michel is limited, but on the practice field, I bet you see him play this week.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
wlafzq.jpg

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The whole moving adventure was a massive mistake. Spanos is legit one of the worst owners in sports for that. He couldn't extort the city of SD to build him a stadium, so he carelessly rushed into LA just to beat the Raiders there without any real forethought. The whole situation caused a major percentage of San Diego fans to renounce their support for the LA Chargers, and they're not exactly growing any new fans in the LA area since everyone in the city is a Raiders fan or a transplant from elsewhere, and Orange County (where they could've gotten a foothold) is still Rams territory from their years in Anaheim. And the new casual fans have to choose between the aging team which has historically underperformed with Philip Rivers at the helm or the young exciting team with Todd Gurley and a recent #1 draft pick franchise QB in Goff (not to mention the best defense in the NFC). Obviously the Rams are the choice meat there. It's going to be a massive failure and I am willing to wager that within 20 years the Chargers will have been sold and moved again.

Reactions: Seidenbergy

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Why are we rooting against any of those four guys exactly?

I assume people are bitter 3/4 left. But for those of us who look at the "bigger" picture the only one that MAYBE people can be slightly mad at is Solder.

Jimmy was traded because TB12 still has a few years left and they werent going to pay and sit him. Malcolm was kind of treated badly last year with the whole Gilmore fiasco and sitting him during the SB. Patricia took a head coaching job which why wouldn't he? Solder however I think A LOT of people thought he would stay so I can see the bitterness towards him.

I actually like the Lions and Titans. Dont care about the Giants and Niners fans have always annoyed me since my west coast ventures. The constant crying about how Brady isnt Montana and the Niners didnt "cheat" for their rings the whole time ignoring Rice and stickum.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I assume people are bitter 3/4 left. But for those of us who look at the "bigger" picture the only one that MAYBE people can be slightly mad at is Solder.

Jimmy was traded because TB12 still has a few years left and they werent going to pay and sit him. Malcolm was kind of treated badly last year with the whole Gilmore fiasco and sitting him during the SB. Patricia took a head coaching job which why wouldn't he? Solder however I think A LOT of people thought he would stay so I can see the bitterness towards him.

I actually like the Lions and Titans. Dont care about the Giants and Niners fans have always annoyed me since my west coast ventures. The constant crying about how Brady isnt Montana and the Niners didnt "cheat" for their rings the whole time ignoring Rice and stickum.

........You're the one who shared the photo.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
That New England area is the weirdest fan base I have ever seen. Has every jilted lover ever in the history of the world move up there and have issues getting over it? HAHA.

In 2008 I was sitting on the Green Monster for Jason Bay's 1st game for Boston and Alan Embree came in to pitch for Oakland. The guys behind me started to boo him, and when we asked them why they would boo a guy from the 2004 team who never did anything wrong here and was let go by the team they thought the question was f***ing crazy and booed more. Then they were dickheads to us.

My crazy friend wanted to throw them off the Wall, and I think we probably should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad