MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

phA6sow.jpg

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
First real event tonight with the mixed doubles curling. Not sure how many of you watch curling, but the new mixed doubles event is kinda fun(relative to a normal curling event which I find entertaining anyway), watched the mixed doubles trials. Literally anything can happen. Quite high scoring at times.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
First real event tonight with the mixed doubles curling. Not sure how many of you watch curling, but the new mixed doubles event is kinda fun(relative to a normal curling event which I find entertaining anyway), watched the mixed doubles trials. Literally anything can happen. Quite high scoring at times.
This is the only real event of the day right, everything else is training?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Curling YAY!
apparently in mixed doubles Canada is not a favourite. so bizarre to say that.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
This is the only real event of the day right, everything else is training?

Looking at the schedule for Thursday(keeping in mind it's already Thursday in South Korea) looks like there's some Ski Jumping Qualification late tonight(so early tomorrow morning/overnight for North America). Not sure how many people qualify for the final round. But IIRC from the last olympics some people are eliminated I think. Everything else listed is training

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Curling YAY!
apparently in mixed doubles Canada is not a favourite. so bizarre to say that.

I would say they're more likely to medal than not, it's so new, even for other countries(but especially for us) that it's hard to tell. For example they keep saying the Swiss are the favorites, really only because they beat Canada in the final at the mixed doubles WC last year, but the Swisswith a different team didn't even make the playoffs(18 teams) at the WC 2 years ago so it's all up in the air really. Canada was 2nd in qualification points behind China who finished 2nd and 3rd respecitively in the 2 WC's that qualifed teams. Canada was 5th, and 2nd.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I don't know if I'd have the patience.

Probably would throw the rocks as hard as I could and send them flying off the sheet :laugh:

Since shuffleboard, boules etc exists at bars why not Curling? Okey, I get that it probably would be high maintaining, but still. Could see it be fun to play in those sorts of surroundings. I'm not one pf ypu guys who like to watch it on TV though..

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Morris is literally throwing rocks, and not curling anything lately.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
and Lawes underthrew. (maybe it caught something)
so it looks like canada is losing this draw.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
i would have gone around the two, and slid into the pocket. this could be tricky.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Canada's gonna have to tap the red, and hope to be closer to the button here.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They curled really bad in the last 2 ends. Had great ends set up twice, Norway couldn't make a shot in that last end and Morris just gave it to them with his bad shots.

Oh well, regular semi finals and not the page playoff system in the olympics, so 4th is almost as good as 1st(besides for not getting the hammer in the SF/F), just make the final 4 which hopefully they should despite this loss.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
Good to see curling on TV again. Every 4 years, like clockwork, with my man Fred Roggin who never looks directly at the camera.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Watching the mixed doubles of USA vs Canada. If the Canadians don't win this match they'll be in some pretty rough shape. Currently 1-1 in end three.

Edit:The USA dude looks like Super Mario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad