2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING | Feb 10th - 25th

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They get put together all the time. In Germany we have that tendency, too. There are different definitions, I don`t think there is a definitive one.

fair enough. I had to google it to make sure, and there were a lot of opinions and didn't seem like there were any facts on it.

Oct 18, 2006
Yes Kalla!!!! My favourite!! What a career, she's just gone to legend status, what a career, what an Olympian. Peaks at the right time!

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
fair enough. I had to google it to make sure, and there were a lot of opinions and didn't seem like there were any facts on it.

The correct terminology is:

Scandinavia: Denmark, Norway, Sweden
Fennoscandia: Norway, Sweden, Finland
Nordic Countries: Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland

Reactions: FVM

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
:cheers:

Fantastic by Ebba Andersson aswell. Young and upcoming athlete. Didn't expect her to have such a good result this olympic already

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Well, as said, at least geographically, the north-west of Finland in on the Scandinvian peninsula.

Scandinavia and the Scandinavian Peninsula aren't the same thing tough. According to Wikipedia the peninsula also encompasses part of Russia, but not all of mainland Norway. Regardless including Finland and Iceland is probably common enough that even if it is wrong it is acceptable.

Reactions: FVM and Eisen

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Great, great start for Kalla. This can and looks to be the championship of her life. Relay looking good too with three top-10 even if I figure the depth of Norway will come back stronger in the following races.

USA top 5 is not bad.

Good form indicator for Diggins who has her weakness in classic technique but managed to follow and came strong at the end too. One of the favorites for 10km, I favor her over just about anyone other than Kalla and Björgen now. Weng and Östberg didn't impress and aren't great championship racers.

Might not have to wait that long for American medals though, Bjornsen and Caldwell can both medal in the sprint.

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Great, great start for Kalla. This can and looks to be the championship of her life. Relay looking good too with three top-10 even if I figure the depth of Norway will come back stronger in the following races.

Good form indicator for Diggins who has her weakness in classic technique but managed to follow and came strong at the end too. One of the favorites for 10km, I favor her over just about anyone other than Kalla and Björgen now. Weng and Östberg didn't impress and aren't great championship racers.

Might not have to wait that long for American medals though, Bjornsen and Caldwell can both medal in the sprint.
Especially Weng has to be considered a disappointment considering how the season went.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
She and the team tested positive at the world championships. I get it, innocuous items may contain banned substances but I find it unreasonable to believe that you test positive and are immediately prepared with sun tan lotion as a defense. They were also on the TUE carousel as well until those were more highly scrutinized.

491241788.jpg

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I think you are talking about Johaug? She is suspended

Also that pic is not Kalla, its Björgen who finished second

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
She and the team tested positive at the world championships. I get it, innocuous items may contain banned substances but I find it unreasonable to believe that you test positive and are immediately prepared with sun tan lotion as a defense. They were also on the TUE carousel as well until those were more highly scrutinized.

491241788.jpg
There sems to be some confusion, as mentioned above.

Oct 18, 2006
Is Alex Harvey a potential medal for Canada? I know nothing.
He's definitely capable. He's won World Cup races before. He's doing a great job so far, interesting pace by the leaders.

Musgrave surprisingly holding firm for GBR. I expect Klaebo to have a huge burst in the last 2.5 km's.

Oct 18, 2006
Wow Krueger, gutsy stuff. This is a solid lead, he might have this. Expected this from Klaebo, not Krueger!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->