Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If you are worried about Woo's offensive stats - look at his scoring history:

Jett Woo
2015-16 (as a 15 year old) GP 7 G 0 A 1 P 1
2016-17 GP 65 G 5 A 17 P 22 (P/G 0.34)
2017-18 GP 44 G 9 A 16 P 25 (P/G 0.57) (selected 37th in 2018 draft)
2018-19 GP 23 G 5 A 17 P 22 (P/G 0.96)

Looks like good progression offensively, and he brings physicality too - I'm not worried!

S_C
He’s tracking well for a second round pick.
The PPG stat is very encouraging for a guy who lacked that offense in his draft year. We could certainly use a physical strong defensive guy in our top 4 given that Hughes, Juolevi, Hutton and even Tanev don’t really bring that element as much as we need. Not a bad looking group if Woo can be a top 4 guy.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Guddy would have been an excellent skater at his size in the OHL and was drawing comparisons to Hedman earlier on

Major Jr. production can mean very little in the scheme of things (in the sense of being PPG or able to produce in Jr.-- if they can't produce in Jr. they won't be able to produce at higher levels, which shouldn't need to be said)

Yes.

It's an unfortunate truth about prospect tracking and the idiotic rule that the CHL has negotiated for itself. A player producing in junior post-draft basically gives us no information, but a player failing to produce tells us a lot.

Reactions: timw33 and MS

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Dahlen is on a 3 game goal streak. Is he noticeably looking better on the ice lately?
Yes, he is less on the perimiter than before. One goal yesterday was actually the result of him him following up on a shot from the slot and jamming in the rebound. And this more involved play actually coincides with the two most violent games of the season with open season on Comets players. Dangerous work environment. So yes, he's has been noticeably better the past three games or so and it's not just the stat sheet...

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Sat Dec 8

AHL

Utica 7 Binghamton 4
Bachman 19 saves on 23 shots

Reid Boucher (12) ASST: Tanner Kero (13)
Jonathan Dahlen (7) ASST: Zack MacEwen (10), Reid Boucher (9) (PP)
Ashton Sautner (2) ASST: Jonah Gadjovich (3), Tanner MacMaster (10)
Darren Archibald (6) ASST: Guillaume Brisebois (4), Cam Darcy (6)
Jaime Sifers (2) ASST: None
Tanner MacMaster (2) ASST: None
Zack MacEwen (11) ASST: Evan McEneny (10) (EN)

ECHL

Tulsa 2 Kalamazoo 3
Kulbakov 49 saves on 51 shots

USHL

Dubuque 3 Muskegon 4 (OT)
Thiessen 36 saves on 40 shots

NCAA

Minnesota 4 Michigan 3
Hughes 0 points, +1
Lockwood 1 assist, even

Northeastern 7 Merrimack 2
Madden 1 goal (6th), 3 assists, +3

OHL

Gatineau 1 Ottawa 5
DiPietro 24 saves on 25 shots (Ottawa debut, selected 2nd star)

WHL

Saskatoon 5 Moose Jaw 3
Woo 1 assist, -4

S_C

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
In Woo's draft year, he was nearly a ppg (maybe a ppg) until his injury, then his production dropped after being deployed in a shutdown role.

Nice to see Dahlen with a multi goal game. Let's hope this spark something.

I seem to recall reading as well that upon his return from injury, Woo was used in a more defensive / shutdown role, and showed pretty good prowess at that as well?

It’s good to see he’s showing ability at both sides of the game as that will help him take steps to the next level. Pretty happy with his season thus far.

Reactions: LuckyBoeser

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
upload_2018-12-10_7-14-38.jpeg

The top 26 defensive prospects according to Mason Black at NHL RanKing.
Canucks with the most at 4. Rathbone getting some recognition at 15. Not sure how legit the list is but thought it was interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: lindgren

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
View attachment 163711

The top 26 defensive prospects according to Mason Black at NHL RanKing.
Canucks with the most at 4. Rathbone getting some recognition at 15. Not sure how legit the list is but thought it was interesting.

Wow 10 NCAA guys here, interesting.

Having seen the following three players in person, I have to disagree with him about having Fox above Makar and Hughes. Fox is an excellent prospect but those two are on another level for me personally.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010

Having seen the following three players in person, I have to disagree with him about having Fox above Makar and Hughes. Fox is an excellent prospect but those two are on another level for me personally.
It is just based on scoring stats relative to competition. Not meant to be ranking or prediction of future performance as age is not factored in where players are in the same league.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Wow if age were considered, with Fox a junior and Hughes a sophomore who is a year younger than his
fellow sophomore Makar, then Quinn would walk away with it. For whatever this kind of ranking is actually
worth once they get to the NHL.

Rathbone ahead of Boqvist? I don't know about that, in real life. But cool if it turned out to be true.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver

NCAA is pretty good league these days. Lots of really great high-end players coming out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad