Prospect Info: 2019 Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
No ****ing kidding. Like, there's being objective and critical, and then there's going way over the top for the sake of being miserable about anything associated with this organization.

Admittedly, it's been a pretty miserable start at the pro level for some of these kids but still, give them time.
Remember like two week ago a bunch ppl were calling Dahlen a bust?
Now he seems to progress on the right track, funny how a young player playing his first season on small ice can takes some time to get better

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Remember like two week ago a bunch ppl were calling Dahlen a bust?
Now he seems to progress on the right track, funny how a young player playing his first season on small ice can takes some time to get better

Which people called him a bust? Should be easy to name quite a few since “a bunch” said it. We’re talking outright calling Dahlen a bust.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
The ones that don’t generally never make it.

Lind has literally been the worst player on the ice in his last few games. He simply can’t keep up to the speed of the play and is a liability whenever he’s out there. The notion that he should be playing higher up in the lineup is frankly absurd.

Gadjovich is barely getting by as a 4th liner.

Palmu at 5-6 needed to come in and blow the doors off. He didn’t and was awful. He’s finished as a prospect.

He’s on the ice for a ton of goals against. There are literally zero signs at this point that this tiny player will somehow turn into a defensive beast.

Hughes carries the puck blueline to blueline incredibly well but otherwise his passing/shooting ability isn’t unique.

Wth! Let’s just wait and see before you determine they are grouped as the ones that don’t make it. Gaudette didn’t make the nhl until 22.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Sample size for sure, but future NHLer's should hit at least 0.5 PPG in their rookie AHL season. We'll see if anyone turns the corner at the end of the year.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Is it too early to call Lind and Gadjovich busts? Awful first pro seasons. The players taken right after these guys (Nic Hague and Josh Brook) are both looking like solid bets to become top 4 D-men.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Sample size for sure, but future NHLer's should hit at least 0.5 PPG in their rookie AHL season. We'll see if anyone turns the corner at the end of the year.
The guy in your avatar didnt and he sure as hell is a mighty fine NHL player right now

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Is it too early to call Lind and Gadjovich busts? Awful first pro seasons. The players taken right after these guys (Nic Hague and Josh Brook) are both looking like solid bets to become top 4 D-men.

What ? Their seasons are done ?

Shattered Dreams

Sep 30, 2017
I wouldn't declare Lind and Gadjovich busts yet, but they have huge hurdles around their skating to get over. I would like to see them both in the ECHL, but I don't know if the Canucks have considered this an option or if either player is open to it. Normally, what they think shouldn't matter, but this management group lets its players walk all over them, so it's hard to say what's happening behind the scenes.

Curmudgeon

Aug 18, 2018
I know we are all excited, but I have questions too.

I love QH skill set, but I want to see him try and defend in this league and find out just how much he has to be sheltered before I will be convinced we have a star on defence. Like there was with EP (he answered them), there are significant questions with QH; which is why, with his IQ, skating, and skill he wasn't a top 3 pick. If he was 6' + and capable of playing all types of minutes, with his tools, he could have been number 2 in the draft.

I actually agree with your questions and I don't think it is being negative- just realistic. We can be excited and hopeful, but still know we have to wait to find out how he will adapt. He will need to be protected, in my view, but I thought the same of EP.

One problem with even your description is that he can't shoot the puck. A skilled PP guy who has to skate or pass the puck and can't be a threat with his shot might be interesting but may not be dominant on the PP. He will help entries and the set up for sure, but producing from there might not be what we all hope.

I was just talking about that with somebody earlier and I've really overlooked his shot because to me his ability to create room and feed Pettersson and Boeser on the PP will be providing a massive upgrade over anything else they currently have available. So his shot isn't a threat but they have Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Virtanen and now Leivo, who can really fire it and offer plenty of options and Hughes' ability to dart around and dish it off to the real shooters is going to be very productive and fun to watch in my opinion.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
They did the right thing by returning Palmu. Sending overagers such as Lind and Gadjovich back to junior after they've already signed ELC's and played, not going to happen.

Kole Lind, ouch. Kole Kassels so far. I didn't see that coming. Thought he would probably land in the Shinkaruk-Boucher range but with a genuine chance to be a legit NHLer if he could improve his skating and defensive play. Instead he has been almost totally overwhelmed to-date at the AHL level.

As of the moment, Cassels was a better player. He didn't get scratched on a regular basis and played 67 games with injury time out there as well in his first season with the Comets.

Curmudgeon

Aug 18, 2018
The ones that don’t generally never make it.

Lind has literally been the worst player on the ice in his last few games. He simply can’t keep up to the speed of the play and is a liability whenever he’s out there. The notion that he should be playing higher up in the lineup is frankly absurd.

Gadjovich is barely getting by as a 4th liner.

Palmu at 5-6 needed to come in and blow the doors off. He didn’t and was awful. He’s finished as a prospect.

He’s on the ice for a ton of goals against. There are literally zero signs at this point that this tiny player will somehow turn into a defensive beast.

Hughes carries the puck blueline to blueline incredibly well but otherwise his passing/shooting ability isn’t unique.

If accurate, that's too bad for Palmu but he remains a great gamble for a 6th rounder. Hopefully he's not finished here.

I guess the next little fella up is Artem Manukyan?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
With you, I never know whether a post is tongue-in-cheek or sincere. You know Horvat only played five games in the AHL, right? Nowhere close to a full season.
Oops was on my phone and his avatar was small, thought it was Virtanen

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
The guy in your avatar didnt and he sure as hell is a mighty fine NHL player right now
Bo Horvat played 5 AHL games when he was rehabilitating from an injury. In his draft +2 season he scored 25pts in 69 games in the NHL from the 4th lime without PP-time.

Horvat did what most great players do, they Dont touch the AHL. So he is not a comparable for Lind or Gadjovich.

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Being invaded again.
Aug 28, 2011
Lots of similarities from that 2013 draft to the 2017 one. 1st round pick was a success. Rest of the draft is hyped up - several prospects have decent D1 season in their respective leagues.

2017:
Elias Pettersson
Kole Lind
Jonah Gadjovich
Michael DiPietro
Jack Rathbone
Kristoffer Gunnarsson
Petrus Palmu
Matt Brassard

2013:
Bo Horvat
Hunter Shinkaruk
Cole Cassels
Jordan Subban

Anton Cederholm
Miles Liberati

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Lots of similarities from that 2013 draft to the 2017 one. 1st round pick was a success. Rest of the draft is hyped up - several prospects have decent D1 season in their respective leagues.

2017:
Elias Pettersson
Kole Lind
Jonah Gadjovich
Michael DiPietro
Jack Rathbone
Kristoffer Gunnarsson
Petrus Palmu
Matt Brassard

2013:
Bo Horvat
Hunter Shinkaruk
Cole Cassels
Jordan Subban
Anton Cederholm
Miles Liberati

Dislike (oof)

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
Lind has played 11games this year while Gadjovich has played 16..and they are getten thrown under the bus.
They arent getting much time to develop, so dont expect much from them this year especially considering the amount of forwards on Utica both prospects and vets

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Lind has played 11games this year while Gadjovich has played 16..and they are getten thrown under the bus.
They arent getting much time to develop, so dont expect much from them this year especially considering the amount of forwards on Utica both prospects and vets

They’ve received the icetime they’ve deserved.
And more. On merit, both belong in the ECHL.

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
I’ve pretty much written lind and gadjovich off, the way they are tracking shows a very unlikely shot they make the nhl as an any sort of impact player

Var

Nov 10, 2007
2017:
Elias Pettersson
Kole Lind
Jonah Gadjovich
Michael DiPietro
Jack Rathbone
Kristoffer Gunnarsson
Petrus Palmu
Matt Brassard

2013:
Bo Horvat
Hunter Shinkaruk
Cole Cassels
Jordan Subban
Anton Cederholm
Miles Liberati

Hunter Shinkaruk is now Sven Baertchi. DiPietro's on team Canada.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Fri Dec 14

AHL

Binghamton 2 Utica 5
Demko 27 saves on 29 shots

Zack MacEwen (13) ASST: Brendan Gaunce (4), Jesse Graham (7)
Cam Darcy (5) ASST: Lukas Jasek (8), Evan McEneny (11)
Guillaume Brisebois (2) ASST: Reid Boucher (11), Tanner Kero (15)
Brendan Gaunce (6) ASST: Carter Bancks (4) (SH)
Lukas Jasek (6) ASST: Reid Boucher (12) (EN)

ECHL

Wheeling 3 Kalamazoo 4 (OT)

USHL

Dubuque 4 Sioux City 5 (SO)
Thiessen 15 saves on 15 shots (came in to relieve Randazzo in the 2nd, stopped 5 of 6 attempts in the SO)

OHL

Flint 0 Ottawa 3
DiPietro did not dress

Hamilton 1 Oshawa 7
Brassard 3 assists, +2

WHL

Moose Jaw 1 Regina 2
Woo 0 points, -1

S_C

Reactions: lindgren
Status
Not open for further replies.