• Kyle Olson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Vote using any whatever criteria you'd like. Only prospects that are eligible under HF's prospect criteria (less than 65 games played before 24th birthday, or 45 for goalies) will be eligible for this poll.

Josh Mahura is the winner of the fourth poll and is our #4 ranked prospect to enter the season!

For this poll, I'm voting for Isac Lundestrom.

This year's rankings:

1. Sam Steel +1
2. Troy Terry +4
3. Jacob Larsson -
4. Josh Mahura +3

Last year's rankings:

1. Montour
2. Steel
3. Larsson
4. Jones
5. Kase
6. Terry
7. Mahura
8. Comtois
9. Pettersson
10. Morand
11. Kerdiles
12. Nattinen
13. Welinski
14. Megna
15. Kossila
16. Roy
17. Kopacka
18. Badini
19. Sorensen
20. Gates Jr.
21. Eriksson Ek
22. Sideroff
23. Soy
24. Dostie
25. Fiore

Notable Graduates/Departures:

Montour
Kase
Kerdiles
Soy
Megna

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
For me its between
Comtois- Big forward, soft hands seems to skate well for his size... and has as scoring touch that will hopefully develop into a top 6 winger. Seems to have good positioning in all parts of the ice.
or
Lundestrum- Typical smart 2way sweedish center, I like to think management saw something in him that reminded them of rakell(who was seen as a smart 2way center in his draft year).

Ill go with Lundestrum here, I got to assume management has a good idea what he brings to the table and can develop into.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
gotta be comtois for me he seems to have done a lot to redeem himself as a prospect. Does anyone know much about Bo Groulx and when we should start looking at him as a voting candidate?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
gotta be comtois for me he seems to have done a lot to redeem himself as a prospect. Does anyone know much about Bo Groulx and when we should start looking at him as a voting candidate?

I'd say there's still a handful of guys who still need to go ahead of Groulx - Comtois, Pettersson, Lundestrom and Jones for sure, also personally I'd add Badini and maybe Kopacka into that mix.

After that I think there's an interesting debate between Groulx and Morand, who didn't really bust out in his +1 year but probably maintained his stock - also some older prospects who might factor in by that point. I could see Groulx coming out ahead of that group to place around 12th on our list.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I wasn’t a big fan of that pick, he’s a good two way guy with a good shot but his skating has held back his production a fair bit, he’s got a lot of work to do in terms of foot speed.

I would probably rank him 3rd among our recent draftees behind Lundestrom and McLaughlin.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Lundstrom
Comtois
Pettersson
Jones
Groulx
Kossila
Roy
Morand
McLaughlin
De Leo
Fiore
Nattinen

Koffein

Mar 20, 2009
Oslo
Went with Comtois again.

Lundeström
Groulx
McLaughlin
Pettersson
Morand

Jones har done nothing but drop for me since his draft though be could rival Morand at #10

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Our farm could take a hit if Pettersson, Steel, Larsson, and Terry have regular roles next season. I don't expect all of them to but if they did along with Kossila, Roy, and Welinski no longer being eligible, that's a lot of top talent gone.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Terry and kossila will make big team imo

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Lundestrom. His skating ability vs Comtois is what did it for me & that management seems to think highly of him.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Pretty sure Nattinen is the only piece we have left from trading Palmieri.

And yeah he’s an absolute longshot at this point.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
From what I’ve seen of Nattinen, he plays the game at rec league speed. Not sure what our scouts ever saw in him to take him that high.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
From what I’ve seen of Nattinen, he plays the game at rec league speed. Not sure what our scouts ever saw in him to take him that high.
He had some nice plays in the pro`s before draft, I found them on YouTube after the draft. So he had potential, even in the preseason that year. D+1 wasn`t horrible but wasnt great.

After that though...

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
We were high on him not too long ago -- for a while, he looked like an Anze Kopitar-lite. But there was a marked shift in his quality of play after the move to Windsor. Maybe it was a chemistry issue, or something else, but he hasn't recovered it, whatever it was.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

Nättinen has all the tools needed to become a very good hockey player. What's frustrating about him is his apparent lack of drive/motivation to do anything with them.

Nättinen is only 21 though, and under contract until 2020. He's going to be in the organization for a few years regardless, might as well give him a shot to see if he can bounce back...

We were high on him not too long ago -- for a while, he looked like an Anze Kopitar-lite. But there was a marked shift in his quality of play after the move to Windsor. Maybe it was a chemistry issue, or something else, but he hasn't recovered it, whatever it was.

On that Barrie team, Nättinen was playing with two OHL mega-scorers in Kevin Labanc and Andrew Mangiapane. I think that masked some of his weaknesses during the regular season.

In Windsor, Nättinen was thrown into a different role, where he was expected to provide secondary offense behind the likes of Vilardi, Luchuk and Brown. That failed miserably, so IIRC they had to move him from C to LW mid-season. I'm sure that the position change didn't help his point totals either...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad