• Lukas Dostal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Sorry for taking awhile to make the last poll, I was a little confused on HF's prospect rules and wasn't sure whether Kossila, Roy, and Welinski should be added to the poll and wanted to make sure I took the time to get it right. I've finally concluded that this is their last season of eligibility and as such, they'll be added back into this poll. I'm also adding Sorensen back as I realize now that we still own his rights.

Vote using any whatever criteria you'd like. Only prospects that are eligible under HF's prospect criteria (less than 65 games played before 24th birthday, or 45 for goalies) will be eligible for this poll.

Sam Steel is the winner of the first poll and is our #1 ranked prospect to enter the season!

For this poll, I'm voting for Jacob Larsson.

This year's rankings:

1. Steel

Last year's rankings:

1. Montour
2. Steel
3. Larsson
4. Jones
5. Kase
6. Terry
7. Mahura
8. Comtois
9. Pettersson
10. Morand
11. Kerdiles
12. Nattinen
13. Welinski
14. Megna
15. Kossila
16. Roy
17. Kopacka
18. Badini
19. Sorensen
20. Gates Jr.
21. Eriksson Ek
22. Sideroff
23. Soy
24. Dostie
25. Fiore

Notable Graduates/Departures:

Montour
Kase
Kerdiles
Soy
Megna​

DonDa

Apr 28, 2012
Budapest
I do not want to be a teaser, but during the 1st poll I've mentioned Perbix and Durny are missing. I think both of them are good enough to make the top 25.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I do not want to be a teaser, but during the 1st poll I've mentioned Perbix and Durny are missing. I think both of them are good enough to make the top 25.

Players tend to get added as the polls progress. I'd add that McLaughlin and Dostal should be in there, too. I also like the players that you mentioned. It's just not time to include them in the polls, though.

Edit: Didn't notice that McLaughlin and Dostal had already made it. Ignore that.

Reactions: Duck Off

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Terry. He is only prospect left that can control tempo of the game. He is so good at stopping and going and turning on a dime.

Next one is going to be a hard choice between mahura and Larsson

DonDa

Apr 28, 2012
Budapest
Players tend to get added as the polls progress. I'd add that McLaughlin and Dostal should be in there, too. I also like the players that you mentioned. It's just not time to include them in the polls, though.

Edit: Didn't notice that McLaughlin and Dostal had already made it. Ignore that.

I thought everybody gets immediately on the list of choices.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I thought everybody gets immediately on the list of choices.

I'm not sure about the new board, but some of the ones that I have experience with include limits on how many poll options that can be added. It could be that.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Going with Larsson here, I think he has the highest floor.

Mahura/Jones/terry alsomake sense for other reasons.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I can’t see a clear cut case for who is no 2. It’s between Mahura, Terry, Larsson and Lundestrom for me. Larsson I think has the highest floor but I’m not sure how high his ceiling is.

Think I’m leaning towards Terry at this point although I’m not super convinced of his upside.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
voted Comtois because he seems to have set himself on the right track to begin to redeem self as a top 5-10 draft alent and if he can continue his progress could be quite the nhl player.

However, I think that mahura probably shouldve been my choice here but too late

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I think Larsson is number two. I see second pairing potential in him and I believe he's going to break through soon. Terry is close though, I just see that even if Larsson doesn't reach his potential he could be a 3rd pairing guy while if Terry doesn't reach his potential, I don't see him working in bottom 6 or in a more defensive or energy role but his place is on the top lines in the NHL or not in the league at all. Maybe a bit unfair comparison as Larsson is a defenseman and Terry is a winger but that's how I see it.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Think I’m leaning towards Terry at this point although I’m not super convinced of his upside.

That's the one thing that has me holding back on voting for him. There's no doubt about his skill, but I'm not convinced that he'll be able to exploit it at top level.

Reactions: Paul4587

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I went with Terry, like I did in #1.
Still like him since the first time I saw him in college after draft year. He has performed very well in big games, he has skill, he has the smarts. Strenght and mass can be added and that remains his biggest obstacle. I think he will be a decent top 6 winger in the NHL for many many years.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Jones has fallen in my eyes. I see Larsson/Mahura/Terry (no particular order) all being ahead of him.
I can`t see any reason why they would not be ahead of him.

I put Comtois, Lundestrom, even Morand, ahead of him.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Do not agree. Jones upside is not that good at all. Trade value for a playfer who is injury prone and whose numbers are decliding in juniors while also him not showing much signs of good hockey IQ, is very low.

The issue with Jones is temperament, not hockey-IQ. It can hold a player back, but unlike smarts, you can outgrow having a terrible attitude.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The issue with Jones is temperament, not hockey-IQ. It can hold a player back, but unlike smarts, you can outgrow having a terrible attitude.
Yep. Temperament and injuries. The injuries put him further down on this list than he would be for me. He for sure has the other stuff to play at the next level

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Yep. Temperament and injuries. The injuries put him further down on this list than he would be for me. He for sure has the other stuff to play at the next level

Yeah, he won't land high on my list because of those problems, but that's more a case of his floor getting lower than his ceiling going down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->